660 sli

p3sty

2[H]4U
picked up two open box evga 660 sc for 147 ea with games and 10 rebates figured what the hell.

1. when in sli and after haveing read alot of forums I get a shimmering on all my texures. when i designate one card to do phsx and the other to render it looks good but frames are shit. any idea my temps are fine btw and drivers were installed clean

you checked the SLI bridge? its working well? have yo enabled it correctly? To check whether SLI is working in your game or not, go to the 3D Settings in the horizontal menu bar (not Manage 3D Settings in the task menu!) and make sure Show SLI Visual Indicators has a checkmark next to it. This will enable the SLI visual indicator in 3D Applications like games, which will show up as a green bar on the left side/middle of the screen and SLi written next to it if SLI is working in a 3D Application/game. close the control panel... Start the 3D Application/game you wish to check SLI on. If the green SLI visual indicator overlay appears on screen that says SLI, SLI is working in your game and all is good. If no indicator appears, it's not working

Check your SLI bridge. I had this same problem when I first put my GTX460s in SLI. I ended up having to get a new SLI bridge.

Why did you configure SLI if you are specifically singling out a card for dedicated PhyX? Try simply disabling SLI and hardcoding in that 2nd card for PhysX.

Otherwise, it's best to choose "Auto-Select" in my experience.

Back