65nm A64s by Summer 06?

Obi_Kwiet said:
You don't understand how bottlenecks work do you? The only reason a game is GPU limited is that the CPU is doing it's thing faster than the Video Card does it's thing. I would think that on the Intel side of things you'd want 3.4+ Ghz. Thing is AMD can do better for way cheeper.

Also the CPU doesn't do graphics. Resolution does not affect AI or physics or anything else the CPU does. At that high resolution the GPU will be slowed down the point that the CPU will not be the limiting factor.

I understand it completely and have been saying the same things for 2 years . Its just in the last 2 months that I have heard the other side of the fence admit to it.

Well... games have changed a lot. The CPU is becoming less and less important. I'm starting to think that CPU's manufactures should focusing more on cheaper than faster.

Obi_Kwiet said:
Well... games have changed a lot. The CPU is becoming less and less important. I'm starting to think that CPU's manufactures should focusing more on cheaper than faster.

You can go out and buy a $130 dual core cpu or a $70 sempron that can hit 2.5ghz+. You can't ask for more.

$BangforThe$ said:
You should be very worried . Read the links to my link than read the links to those links be worried. AMD is even helping cut there own throats by using Chartered a China based fab . Be Afraid be very Afraid.

Im not Afraid in the slightest.....

With the coming of Conroe and AMD's 65nm, Any intel or AMD processor would smoke this ancient chinese tech at equal clock speeds. Not to mention AMD and Intel having MUCH higher clock speeds....

Firebat said:
Im not Afraid in the slightest.....

With the coming of Conroe and AMD's 65nm, Any intel or AMD processor would smoke this ancient chinese tech at equal clock speeds. Not to mention AMD and Intel having MUCH higher clock speeds....

They sell in the 2nd most populated country in the world. I would be afraid.

(Some) Asians buy Asian things just because they're Asian things. That Dragon chip could get pwned by a Pentium 3 and Chinese people would STILL buy them.

And yes, I know, the US has people like that as well. Except the good PC CPUs are designed by American companies anyway.

dandragonrage said:
(Some) Asians buy Asian things just because they're Asian things. That Dragon chip could get pwned by a Pentium 3 and Chinese people would STILL buy them.

And yes, I know, the US has people like that as well. Except the good PC CPUs are designed by American companies anyway.

First of all the global economy is just as important and the US economy. If the Asian economy is doing well so is the US economy. A Chinese CPU that performs like a 2Ghz Intel is "good", but that is such a small feat these days as the cpu manufacturing process has been refined and engineering obstacles overcome. You may see them catch up to the Intel and AMD cpu's very quickly because the technology is already there. However, they will have one hell of time getting on top and being at the bleeding-edge of design. I highly doubt it will happen soon. And if does? Good, it is good competition and will decrease prices and increase innovation. I see what you are saying about china people buying only Chinese things because of pride, but I know for a fact that most people in China HATE the government and want to leave(I know a few friends in the US who have). I understand why you are slightly scared about China become powerful but really they already are and they aren’t about to nuke the rest of the world.

Anyways, funny how of topic this thread has become since I started it, but this is more interesting anyway.

fab 36 will not be needed to make 65nm tech. AMD will go to 65nm's much earlier then expected was said at around 4/25/06 by AMD.

Serge84 said:
fab 36 will not be needed to make 65nm tech. AMD will go to 65nm's much earlier then expected was said at around 4/25/06 by AMD.

Yeah , that's why their 1st 65nm CPU will arrive in H1 2007 , a full year later than Intel.

Back