650m Drivers?

-Sn1PeR-

2[H]4U
Anyone know where I can find current 650m drivers? The card isn't listed on the drop down menu on nv's site, and is not listed in the release notes as being supported by the 301.42 drivers. I'm getting pretty bad performance in Diablo 3 on my laptop (m14xr2) and am thinking it's a driver issue (BF3 plays better...). I have white listed the game, so that shouldn't be the issue.

edit: I found that I get much better performance if I play in fullscreen mode (almost double the fps). I'm new to Optimus -- is fullscreen a requirement for Optimus to perform well? This little 650m is a power house of a mobile chip and runs really cool - the max temp that I've hit is 66C! It's still rather disconcerting that nvidia is not offering the latest drivers for their 650m line of mobile chips.

Last edited:
I'm yet to get a Kepler laptop but usually the regular forceware drivers can be installed on the mobile GPUs by modifying the .inf to include the hardware id of your mobile part. This also allows overclocking of the mobile GPU, which I'm guessing will work out well on your m14x r2 since the GDDR5 650m is factory underclocked to allow the GDDR3 650m to clock higher and narrow the gap caused by the memory speed discrepancy.

Back