650 Ti or 460 gtx sli ?

So I just built my wife a new rig.
[email protected]
8gigs of ddr3 1600
MSI z87-g45
750 watt PSU

So I just rebuilt my uncles computer and he gave me 2, 460 gtx's 768 meg cards (he upgraded to a single 290). They overclock very well. I also have a 650 ti 2g card that I can put in the system. She only plays WOW and might be starting to play Wildstar. She will be playing @ 1920x1200@60hz. I know wow can hit up to 1.25gigs of video memory with everything on ultra. But not sure on wildstar. What are your thoughts? Thanks

WoW doesn't deserve SLI. Save the power dollars towards the $15 a month sub and use the 650ti :p

I'm sure a pair of 460s would sell quite well to a modder, just simply to look cool.

^ definitely look @ used products, if you get $200 the 7970 will be a great pick (280x) also remember that WoW is more processor heavy than it is graphic card

I think wow is one of them games that doesnt utilize sli/crossfire. even if it did, it plays so well on low end hardware anyway.

Id say sell them and get a $85 7850 2gb or an r9 270. i had a couple evga superclocked 750ti, and they are amazing performance for their wattage, but they are no where near an r9 270 in performance.

I think wow is one of them games that doesnt utilize sli/crossfire.

What's the point of even posting stuff like this when it's totally inaccurate, pulled right out of your ass?

WoW not only supports Crossfire and SLI, it even works with 3-way and 4-way configurations. I was using 2x 4870x2 in Quad Crossfire for years with excellent utilization of all 4 GPUs. Also works perfect with the pair of GTX680s i'm running in SLI now.

There would be nothing wrong with using the 460's in SLI, and it would almost certainly be much faster than the 650Ti. Only issue I'd consider is that the 4xx series of cards from Nvidia tended to be power hogs, and put out lots of exhaust heat relative to their performance. Nothing wrong with selling them either if you get a good price.

Back