65 inch Mitsubishi DLP amazon $703.11 shipped

matrix563

Fully [H]
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-65638-65-Inch-3D-Ready-HDTV/dp/B003HIPKR0/ref=sr_1_1?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ie=UTF8&qid=1308400627&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: Mitsubishi WD-65638 65-Inch 3D-Ready DLP HDTV: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21yVlvLdS8L.@@AMEPARAM@@21yVlvLdS8L[/ame]

ftw great deal :). i enjoy my 65 inch mitsu dlp:)

Is the link screwed up for anyone else? (I've had people complain of non-working links on several HotDeals posts. They aways looked fine on my end, but they didnt work for several users. Thinking is has something to do with HF's ad engine.)

I'm seeing:
Code:
http://www.amazon.21yvlvlds8l/Mitsubishi-WD-65638-65-Inch-3D-Ready-HDTV/dp/B003HIPKR0/

Is the link screwed up for anyone else? (I've had people complain of non-working links on several HotDeals posts. They aways looked fine on my end, but they didnt work for several users. Thinking is has something to do with HF's ad engine.)

I'm seeing:
Code:
http://www.amazon.21yvlvlds8l/Mitsubishi-WD-65638-65-Inch-3D-Ready-HDTV/dp/B003HIPKR0/

amazon.21yvlvlds8l seems to be the problem. Change that 21yvlvlds8l to "com" and it's an actual web address

Let me try:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-65638-65-Inch-3D-Ready-HDTV/dp/B003HIPKR0/"]Amazon.com: Mitsubishi WD-65638 65-Inch 3D-Ready DLP HDTV: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21yVlvLdS8L.@@AMEPARAM@@21yVlvLdS8L[/ame]

Code:
[url="http://www.amazon.com/Mitsubishi-WD-65638-65-Inch-3D-Ready-HDTV/dp/B003HIPKR0/"]Amazon.com: Mitsubishi WD-65638 65-Inch 3D-Ready DLP HDTV: Electronics[/url]
Wierd, somethings wrong with the referal links for me too. The link is correct, but the click thru changes it incorrectly.

Im a happy 73in DLP owner and must give a solid recommendation to someone debating on a going for a smaller LCD in this price range vs the size DLP can offer. The newer models Mitsubishi is putting out has a great picture and you wont regret your purchase.

Im a happy 73in DLP owner and must give a solid recommendation to someone debating on a going for a smaller LCD in this price range vs the size DLP can offer. The newer models Mitsubishi is putting out has a great picture and you wont regret your purchase.

I have the 73" as well. Fantastic TV.

If you click the picture it should be correct. I think it removes the .com so you click the picture and [H] gets ad referral or something. Not a big deal.

You're all still measuring your TV in inches? Get a projector and measure it in feet! haha... love my Epson 8100!

All kidding aside, a buddy of mine has this set and it's pretty sweet for a DLP.

Used to love DLP's.... fought for them tooth and nail because of their great picture for their size and energy costs being decent.... Till I after 4 years of owning one.... 2 bulb pops and the second one fried the board that controls everything. That one board makes op 90% of the tv and costs just as much as a new one... found out its a common problem when bulbs pop that it has a chance of shorting.

was a Toshiba though.

Used to love DLP's.... fought for them tooth and nail because of their great picture for their size and energy costs being decent.... Till I after 4 years of owning one.... 2 bulb pops and the second one fried the board that controls everything. That one board makes op 90% of the tv and costs just as much as a new one... found out its a common problem when bulbs pop that it has a chance of shorting.

was a Toshiba though.

yup had the same problem. was just getting ready to watch the 2009 NHL all-star's.. puck drops TV dies. friggin pissed me off. it took out the board as well so we scrapped it and replaced it with an LCD. at least the TV was big and fun to shoot with 12 guages and AR-15's :p

Might have bit, but couldn't have been for me. Live in an apartment and with a 46" LCD, its almost too big already. lol.

Thanks though. :)

The wife works for an electronics distributor, and they have a "bad box" list where employees can get stuff for cheaper because the box is damaged and can't be resold to a retailer.

This exact TV is on that list for $388. I have been tempted to get it but I'm a bit skeptical about DLP in general, are the viewing angles and such decent? I've always had bad experiences with large tube TVs.

The wife works for an electronics distributor, and they have a "bad box" list where employees can get stuff for cheaper because the box is damaged and can't be resold to a retailer.

This exact TV is on that list for $388. I have been tempted to get it but I'm a bit skeptical about DLP in general, are the viewing angles and such decent? I've always had bad experiences with large tube TVs.

It would be a crime not to pick it for that price.

Honestly, it's a no-brainer if you want a large TV and have $400 available. I have the 57" version. Viewing angle is good, but not great. I watch my TV straight-on and it's beautiful.

Ive personally never understood the appeal of dlps, theyre NEVER going to be as bright as a plasma, or even a projector! Ive always been a plasma guy, and have had friends with rear projection LCDs and DLPs and to me it always seems that no matter where im sitting the screen has this uneven brightness its as if the pictures being vignetted (or even like theres a neutral density filter if youre a film guy).

I have a pioneer 5020 and an epson 8100 for reference. I run the pioneer at AVS forum settings, which knocks down the brightness/contrast by quite a bit, and my projectors on eco bulb... so im not some idiot who has their displays set to blinding levels, in fact im the opposite, and theres something so unsatisfying about a DLPs screen.

All this being said, most people seem to be fine with the DLPs, for 65" and $388 just run it into the ground till the bulb explodes...

Can we not turn this into a DLP vs whatever debate. I wish admins would enforce these type of things. You don't like DLPs, so be it, but there is no need to start shitting on someone else's post about a hot deal.

Those links are blocked by the firewall at work (ends in .21yvlvlds8l), probably not a good sign for anyone whose clicked on it. (could be a malware site and nothing to do with amazon). The .com link works fine tho.

Can we not turn this into a DLP vs whatever debate. I wish admins would enforce these type of things. You don't like DLPs, so be it, but there is no need to start shitting on someone else's post about a hot deal.

I have pleaded this over and over in many threads and it never fails. There is always going to be a handful of the community that thinks their opinion on which type of TV to get is law and everyone else is stupid for disagreeing. Its annoying, I agree, but you will be wasting your efforts to try to fight against it. A lot people don't realize the purpose of the thread is to discuss the deal and the specific product (durability, known issues...etc) not represent arguments on why this or that TV technology is inferior. Same goes for any listing of any TN panel monitor.

As for the deal
I think the deal at 700 is great.. under $400 is amazing if you are looking for a new 60in+ TV on the cheap. I considered it at 700 even though I am not in need of a new TV.

This++. Have wondered about this for a while.

There are perfectly valid reasons for deals on equipment people don't like...

X58 vs 1155, etc...

Dang. If it was still $700, I'd have sold my 56" Samsung DLP and bought this.

Dang. If it was still $700, I'd have sold my 56" Samsung DLP and bought this.
Obviously it's a discontinued model, but assuming it's in stock, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon dropped it into the $700s again. According to CCC, it hit around $750 around June 10th before recently hitting $703 late last week.

dont forget to add on $200 each year for the bulb replacement on these puppies ... ive had to replace 2 now in my two dlp and wish id just bought an lcd or plasma and not have to spend the extra cost, cant wait to pawn these tv off on someone

dont forget to add on $200 each year for the bulb replacement on these puppies ... ive had to replace 2 now in my two dlp and wish id just bought an lcd or plasma and not have to spend the extra cost, cant wait to pawn these tv off on someone
How many hours of TV do you watch every year? And did you keep the contrast and brightness at nosebleed levels? I'm still on my original bulb and it's almost 4 y/o. I watch a decent amount of TV. I keep it near the settings that I found on CNET and AVS Forum.

that's projector price. big honking tv < little projector

I guarantee you the image quality on this knocks the socks off of any similarly priced 1080p projector. You can't get a 1080 projector worth having for that amount.

How many hours of TV do you watch every year? And did you keep the contrast and brightness at nosebleed levels? I'm still on my original bulb and it's almost 4 y/o. I watch a decent amount of TV. I keep it near the settings that I found on CNET and AVS Forum.

+1

I've had my Sammy 61" for like 4+ years now, still on the original bulb. Hundreds and hundreds of hours on it. Hope I didn't just jinx it. :eek:

Until I can do an LED/LCD in 60+ inches halfway economically, that isn't obsoleted in 6 months, I'll still love rockin' my DLP. Size does matter. Wish I had a 65" at least...

I've had my Samsung 56" DLP for 4 years and haven't had to replace the bulb. But we only use it to watch movies occasionally.

This explains why there's a firesale on these smaller Mitsubishi TVs. :D

+1

I've had my Sammy 61" for like 4+ years now, still on the original bulb. Hundreds and hundreds of hours on it. Hope I didn't just jinx it. :eek:

Until I can do an LED/LCD in 60+ inches halfway economically, that isn't obsoleted in 6 months, I'll still love rockin' my DLP. Size does matter. Wish I had a 65" at least...
Yeah, I was knocking on wood hoping I didn't jinx it either! I'm at 2,500'ish hours, according to my TV's odometer the last time I checked.

this deal is dead why does it keep getting bumped with stupid ass discussions?
Ask a mod to move it over to the Discussions sub-forum.

was a Toshiba though.

My Mitsubishi DLP TV recently had a bulb replaced and the main board in it went out which would cost $500 to fix. I'll be shopping for a new TV instead.

Yeah, the bulbs ARE NOT $200 for these TV's, they are around $80 shipped. Heavy use of your TV, expect to replace them about once every two and a half years. This is assuming you use a battery back up surge protector and turn the TV off when not in use. They are cheap and easy to replace. These TV's have a fantastic picture.

Yeah, the bulbs ARE NOT $200 for these TV's, they are around $80 shipped. Heavy use of your TV, expect to replace them about once every two and a half years. This is assuming you use a battery back up surge protector and turn the TV off when not in use. They are cheap and easy to replace. These TV's have a fantastic picture.

link?

Back