64 bit pci

ender1598

Limp Gawd
Are there any Athlon XP motherboards out there with 64 bit PCI slots? I'm trying to put together a small/cheap file server for myself and I couldn't find any boards like this after searching pricewatch. Thanks for any info.

only athlon xp boards w/ PCI-X that i have seen are dual cpu boards.

You can get a Tyan MP or MPX board and run a single XP on it, but first you'd have to mod that XP into an MP.

Hi there,
Both VIA and NVIDIA now have chipsets sport pci-e / x for amd64. You should have a looksie at their websites.
-Kevin

Remember there are many types of PCI...

*PCI extended- Longer, but not that same as 64-bit PCI...not sure what its used for. I do have one NIC card that will fit in this slot of a standard, but not a 64 bit slot.

*64 bit PCI - I want one too for ym RAID card, and SCSI card. (this is the real PCI-X, even thought many people call PCI express PCI-X) i think...

*standard PCI

*And PCI express...,

correct me if im wrong...

That's not quite correct. Standard or conventional PCI comes in 32 and 64-bit flavors, and each can be at 33 or 66MHz. Then there's PCI-X which is PCI-eXtended, which is 64-bit and can be 33, 66, 100 or 133MHz. Finally, there's PCI-Express (PCI-E).

ZMTToxics, the OP was asking about Athlon XP boards, not AMD64.

Yea that sounds right...sorry its been a wile since i even thought abouit all the PCI slots...

Back