64 Bit Computing - What happened?

sprocket

Gawd
Microsoft is certainly doing it's best to shoot 64 bit owners in the foot as well.
The new beta WMP11 will not run on my x64 Pro.
Neither will the Vista capability tool.

Ironically, I'm one of the very few (general population-wise) who probably could run the full-bore version of Vista (save the DX10 vid card obviously) yet their stupid tool won't confirm it.

*sigh

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
64 is bigger than 32, people will buy it just because of that, It doesnt matter if stuff will run better, Humans are programed into "bigger is better". We know different, people who just go into the store and buy know nothing and to them, 64 is better than 32 even though they have no clue why.

;)

osalcido

[H]ard|Gawd

osalcido

[H]ard|Gawd
Headbust said:
64 is bigger than 32, people will buy it just because of that, It doesnt matter if stuff will run better, Humans are programed into "bigger is better". We know different, people who just go into the store and buy know nothing and to them, 64 is better than 32 even though they have no clue why.

;)

umm the fact that 64 is bigger than 32 is the reason why it will run better ;)

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
just to let every one know with XP-64 any way
with .NET not all 32bit aps will work with 64bit .NET

DarkSideA8

Gawd
Headbust said:

;)

Nigel: "You see, most blokes will be playing at 10. You’re on 10, all the way up, all the way up...Where can you go from there? Nowhere. What we do, is if we need that extra push over the cliff...Eleven. One louder."

DiBergi: "Why don’t you just make 10 louder and make 10 be the top number, and make that a little louder?"

Nigel (after taking a moment to let this sink in): "These go to 11."

Rhitick

Weaksauce
MrFace said:
To add to my statement...I mean this.

Graphics cards are already above 64-bit....

There just really isn't enything beneficial from 64-bit processors right now for the mainstream audience, therefore, nobody is going to go out of their way to tkae full advantage of 64-bit.

I think your confused...the 'bits' on a video card is the pipeline (bandwidth basically)...not the instruction set.