61.71 drivers leaked out....wtf?

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
nvidia keeps pumping out drivers.
they got a mirror to them over here ...post your results if you can, im interested in seeing if performance/IQ has changed.

heres a link to the mirror.
http://www.reflectonreality.com/images/drivers/61.71_SM3.zip

heres a quote
Is it me or Far Cry just got a huge boost with these drivers? It now says Vertex shaders version 3.0 and Pixel shaders version 3.0 in the console screen in Far Cry version 1.1 I wonder if the 2.0 shaders are being converted to 3.0 to increase speed.

but this doesnt mean alot without numbers. ;)

edit:
guru3d is now hostin a mirror
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=807

tranCendenZ said:
This appears to be the first set of drivers than enables SM3.0 support on the 6800.

yeah,

sm3.JPG

im still wondering on the performance boost.

We will still need the 1.2 patch, as with 1.1 the game is still stuck in nv3x mode even with these new drivers. Plus I'm not even sure there are even any sm3.0 shaders in v1.1.

well we can get a sample of 9.0c from that sp2 RC. we got the drivers now. all we need now is crytek's farcry 1.2 patch lol.

edit: ah you beat me tranCendenZ lol

Bad_Boy said:
well we can get a sample of 9.0c from that sp2 RC. we got the drivers now. all we need now is crytek's farcry 1.2 patch lol.

edit: ah you beat me tranCendenZ lol

I've got SP2 installed but how do we know if we do infact have DirectX 9.0C installed?

[BB] Rick James said:
I've got SP2 installed but how do we know if we do infact have DirectX 9.0C installed?

If you installed sp2 rc2 you have dx9.0c, they are integrated

to test, run "dxdiag" and on the first page it will say version of directx installed at the bottom

tranCendenZ said:
If you installed sp2 rc2 you have dx9.0c, they are integrated

to test, run "dxdiag" and on the first page it will say version of directx installed at the bottom

Awesome thanks,

Woah. I'd be very scared to run that DirectX version. Until they release the final product, I will stay clear. If it's from Microsoft and "beta", which I'll guess this is, I'll pass. :eek:

I have been running the latest SP2 with 9.0c for about 3 weeks. So far I am amazed how problem free it has been so far. But I would still only reccomend it for the brave. Unless you are one of Microsofts official beta testers you will not get any support for problems it may cause. When the final release comes (Aug./ Sept) they will offer free support. Which they did not when SP1 was released.

Remy815 said:
I have been running the latest SP2 with 9.0c for about 3 weeks. So far I am amazed how problem free it has been so far. But I would still only reccomend it for the brave. Unless you are one of Microsofts official beta testers you will not get any support for problems it may cause. When the final release comes (Aug./ Sept) they will offer free support. Which they did not when SP1 was released.

i was hoping for a sooner release date :(

Back