600T Owners. Help increase air flow.

Williamea

Limp Gawd
I have the original 600T and I am a little disapointed with the stock airflow. I have recently added a EVGA GTX 670 SC and want to increase airflow to the card in hopes of lowering its temps. After a bit of searching and just checking my case the stock fans do not seem to be that great and I am looking for suggestions to improve.
Replace the front 200mm with another?
Replace the top 200mm with two 120mm?
Replace the rear 120mm?
I have also thought about adding a couple of 120s to the inside of the case somehow. Either in the optical bay area or where the HDD cages where.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

If you want to lower GPU temperatures a side fan is the best way. On my NZXT Lexa S my Radeon HD 5450 idles at 46* with the side panel OFF, but if I have the side on with the fan running at about 800 RPM it idles at 41*. That's a huge drop for just a little bit of airflow. The problem is that usually the expansion slots don't get much dedicated airflow. A side fan does a nice job of fixing that.

Here is a nice article with some case experiments. Pay attention to the GPU temperatures with a side fan. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Which-is-the-Best-Place-to-Install-a-Case-Fan-Part-2/1483/1

Back