600's coming out soon?

bonnev659

Gawd
I was talking to one of my friends and this topic came up. So I am wondering when is the 600's going to be coming out? Thanks

Latest from the rumor-mill is around May 2012 for Kepler.

ATi is rumored to be releasing October'ish

But with that, what game cant your GTX 570 run? Besides Metro 2033...(and even that it can run fairly well)

I've heard it's been delayed to 2012 due to manufacturing issues. But I'm sure once they resolve that then a release date for the 600 series will be let out into the wild.

thanks guys for the quick replies. I was hoping for it to be sooner but it is all good

happy gaming!

It's not rumor it's now fact -- Nvidia announced at the ISC that Kepler will be a 2012 release (and Maxwell will arrive in 2014).

I can't repost the the CUDA roadmap anymore since the site that hosted it has prevented hot-linking. Here's the page through Google Translate.

Latest from the rumor-mill is around May 2012 for Kepler.

ATi is rumored to be releasing October'ish

But with that, what game cant your GTX 570 run? Besides Metro 2033...(and even that it can run fairly well)

What "latest from the rumor mill" are you reading? I've heard it's 2012, but more like late Jan through mid-Feb, not May ;). Dunno that ATI/AMD will have theirs out that early, either (your quote of October), but we'll see... :D.

MAY? no way. I would say anywhere from the end of Dec to end of January for Nvidia and Nov to Jan for AMD 7xxx.

But that all depends on TSMC

thanks everyone for the information, looking forward to see when it comes out

I might be getting another 570 when the 600 comes out if the price drop is good enough for my wallet

I enjoy my 570 right now so it wont be going anywhere soon but who knows then the 600's come out

I hope my 470s can hold out until kepler.. if I don't turn on AA I am usually good to go but I am just teetering over the edge of acceptable for my tastes a lot of the time... might break down and get a pair of 580s at some point but would rather wait until the next gen comes out.. and I forgot how much having water cooling gear on video cards makes me not want to upgrade. oye.

Anybody else think they may be releasing these things a little too close together?

My beloved 5870 for example was the top dog not even a year ago, now its mainstream. So what? I paid $200 for it back in January instead of the usual $400 and I can still max anything at my resolution. Ive looked at maybe a 6970 but for only a few fps increase and $350 price tag, I cant really see a reason.

So if the higher end 6000's arent that attractive, and my 2 year old card will play anything out today, it just seems a little soon to be tossing out some 7000 cards.

Anybody else think they may be releasing these things a little too close together?

My beloved 5870 for example was the top dog not even a year ago, now its mainstream. So what? I paid $200 for it back in January instead of the usual $400 and I can still max anything at my resolution. Ive looked at maybe a 6970 but for only a few fps increase and $350 price tag, I cant really see a reason.

So if the higher end 6000's arent that attractive, and my 2 year old card will play anything out today, it just seems a little soon to be tossing out some 7000 cards.

No.

The 6000 series was just a rehash of the 5000 essentially. The chip became a bit more efficient but it's still on the 40nm process. For the 7000 series they're skipping 32nm entirely and going right into 28nm, on top of a new architecture. It should be a giant leap in performance over the current cards.

THE GTX 680 WILL BE AT LEAST 2X FASTER THAN A GTX570.
AMD's 7xxx series will suck because its basically gonna be a refresh of the 6xxx series which was a refresh of the 5xxx series and yet again a refresh of the 4xxx series. Actually the strongest shader performance was from the 4xxx series., a 800 shader 48xx killed a 800 shader 57xx and the 800 shader 6xxx series sucked too..

AMD's 7xxx series will suck because its basically gonna be a refresh of the 6xxx series which was a refresh of the 5xxx series and yet again a refresh of the 4xxx series. Actually the strongest shader performance was from the 4xxx series., a 800 shader 48xx killed a 800 shader 57xx and the 800 shader 6xxx series sucked too..

That's not true at all. Read this:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1617238

Besides, the strongest point to the new cards is that PCIe gen 3.0 is approved. The new cards will likely fall under that spec and be backwards compatible to gen 2.0.

The Gen 3 PCIe doubles the rate as well as increases the power available, from 75W up to 150W(? cant remember exactly) The new card would need to have a power connection for gen 2 slots, but maybe not for gen 3. Reduced cable clutter!

And yes, I am aware that current cards dont max the bus, but think about it. A 128 bit that would be as fast as a 256 bit is now.

Have some facts when you make a statement like that..

I smell sarcasm...

If not, HD 5xxx series a refresh of the 4xxx series, rofl my damn copter. an HD 5870 wiped the HD 4870x2. The 6 series added more Vram and much better crossfire scaling.

I wonder if this will be another 8800GTX type of card/series or a GTX 4xx type, hoping for the former.

The 69xx series was not a refresh of the 58xx series, they completely changed shader architectures. However it was not the full-fledged product originally envisioned as they had to cut it down to fit 40nm as TSMC's 32nm node, which it was intended to be produced with, was cancelled.

The 7000 series should be significantly faster than the 6000 series.

All companies typically release a new product, revise / refresh it, and then release a new architecture, more or less. NVIDIA's 400 and 500 series, for example.

The 69xx series was not a refresh of the 58xx series, they completely changed shader architectures. However it was not the full-fledged product originally envisioned as they had to cut it down to fit 40nm as TSMC's 32nm node, which it was intended to be produced with, was cancelled.

The 7000 series should be significantly faster than the 6000 series.

All companies typically release a new product, revise / refresh it, and then release a new architecture, more or less. NVIDIA's 400 and 500 series, for example.

Or sometimes they just Rebadge them like they are new...

infact we haven't seen any rebadging lately, i wonder if Nvidia will start again or maybe to try and catch up to ATI (if they do release in october) they will skip the 600 series and goto 700 :)

I smell sarcasm...

If not, HD 5xxx series a refresh of the 4xxx series, rofl my damn copter. an HD 5870 wiped the HD 4870x2. The 6 series added more Vram and much better crossfire scaling.

I wonder if this will be another 8800GTX type of card/series or a GTX 4xx type, hoping for the former.

At least someone got it. :)

No.

The 6000 series was just a rehash of the 5000 essentially. The chip became a bit more efficient but it's still on the 40nm process. For the 7000 series they're skipping 32nm entirely and going right into 28nm, on top of a new architecture. It should be a giant leap in performance over the current cards.

If that's true, awesome. I just ordered two GTX 570's for $500, though. Those two will last me a while until I need to upgrade, so I'm not really worried about getting the 7000 series.

I mean, the 6000 series just came out, if they release the 7000 series before 2012... That's just way too soon IMO. I think Holiday 2011 at the earliest, June 2012 would be a good time, though (for my wallet anyway).

We'll see what the performance increase is, though. The 6000 series wasn't a very big jump over the 5000 series, the main reasons why I got a 6950 and unlocked it was due to the fact that I was using a 5770, and the 5000 series wasn't great with DX11/Crossfire, like the 6000 series is. If they come out with the 7000 series before June 2012 I'll probably get one or two of them next summer, and sell my 570's.

... As long as my two 570's can handle BF3 on max settings :p

Or sometimes they just Rebadge them like they are new...

infact we haven't seen any rebadging lately, i wonder if Nvidia will start again or maybe to try and catch up to ATI (if they do release in october) they will skip the 600 series and goto 700 :)
Someone must have been sleeping through the Radeon HD 6770 & 6750 launch. :p

Hopefully they'll support HD audio support this time. There's no real reason the current 500 cards shouldn't have it, but Nvidia doesn't seem very interested in adding it.

Long live Nvidia! DEATH TO AMD!!!!111

We can only pray it's 2X performance.

That is a bit of a bummer indeed that Nvidia's cards are being pushed back to 2012. I have been on a bit of an upgrade binge lately, and my ageing 285 gtx's in SLI are just clamoring to be replaced. I have sorted out the CPU, now am about to sort out the SSD purchase, and was thinking that by Christmas I would have the cards sorted out. But I guess good things come to those who wait and Q1 2012 it is then.

Besides, the strongest point to the new cards is that PCIe gen 3.0 is approved. The new cards will likely fall under that spec and be backwards compatible to gen 2.0.

The Gen 3 PCIe doubles the rate as well as increases the power available, from 75W up to 150W(? cant remember exactly) The new card would need to have a power connection for gen 2 slots, but maybe not for gen 3. Reduced cable clutter!

And yes, I am aware that current cards dont max the bus, but think about it. A 128 bit that would be as fast as a 256 bit is now.
I would expect to see a lot of PCI-E 3.0 motherboards with additional molex or other 12v power connectors to the motherboard so that 3x/4x loaded cards don't burn out the 24pin connector. Some already do this, but I bet it will become more common if future cards try to draw 150w from the slot.

I would expect to see a lot of PCI-E 3.0 motherboards with additional molex or other 12v power connectors to the motherboard so that 3x/4x loaded cards don't burn out the 24pin connector. Some already do this, but I bet it will become more common if future cards try to draw 150w from the slot.

Oh I definitely expect that. Or just move the PCI plugs to the motherboard. Near the PCI slots.

Back