600m has dead pixel. $!#($!(^$!(@&

mugen

Weaksauce
yea so just noticed today. i have a couple of dead pixels (side by side) on the top right part of my lcd.

I've heard of some people GENTLY massaging the stuck pixels with a q-tip to unstick them..

Riley

<edit> Whohoo!! I've graduated to cheeze!!</edit>

1) Take a qtip
2) With the qtip gently "push" on the screen where the dead pixel is.
3) Repeat until the pixel is unstuck (If it's still stuck after 10 or so times, then I doubt it'll work)

Don't push too hard. You don't want to crack the screen. Some people have had success with the pixel becoming "unstuck".

Riley

Does CompleteCare cover this? How many pixels would it have to be?

Can you even see the dead pixels if you aren't looking for them with a flashlight and a magnifying glass?

Originally posted by DarkSoldier
Can you even see the dead pixels if you aren't looking for them with a flashlight and a magnifying glass?

wtf. obviously you can see it. one test is create a new powerpoint document, and slide show it (all white) if u see black dots then DEAD pixels.
mine is when i use IE, the blue bar on the top-left is light blue-white.. so i can see 2 black vertical pixels BLACK. so what can it be other than DEAD PIXEL... geez

Originally posted by KevC
Does CompleteCare cover this? How many pixels would it have to be?

i think it is covered by manufacturers warranty even if you dont have complete care.

but ive searched dells tech support forum and i found that you must have at least 10 DEAD pixels before they are replaced. this is Samsung's LCD warranty policy (i think only for laptops or depending on the size/resolution) but the guy at the forum that was asking had 600m too and he even called tech support only to be told the same thing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Originally posted by Skud
1) Take a qtip
2) With the qtip gently "push" on the screen where the dead pixel is.
3) Repeat until the pixel is unstuck (If it's still stuck after 10 or so times, then I doubt it'll work)

Don't push too hard. You don't want to crack the screen. Some people have had success with the pixel becoming "unstuck".

Riley

seems absurd, but still thought id try it. DAMNIT didnt work. shit......

o well, at least the pixels are on the top left corner. not in the middle of my screen:mad: :eek:

Originally posted by Skud
I've heard of some people GENTLY massaging the stuck pixels with a q-tip to unstick them..

Riley

<edit> Whohoo!! I've graduated to cheeze!!</edit>

Don't bother it rarely works. It will only scuff your panel.

Get it exchanged if it's in the 30 day return period or if it's not too bothersome just live with it, it's not uncommon but I do agree it is dissappointing.

i have a 600m as well.. when i got it, it had 0 dead pixels.. checked it with black, white, red, blue, green and yellow screens..

i left my laptop on the whole day today..with the screen on, under a/c.. when i came on..reboot.. a sub dead pixel, lit blue, on the left corner.. wtf..

does dead pixels just pop outta no where or what.

As for that rubbing on the dead pixel deal, it does work. I have tried numerous times on my Powerbook. I do not use a q-tip to rub it, I use my screen protector that I purchased for my latop from ShaggyMac.

However, it only works if the dead pixel is one of the bright ones, the colored ones. If it is grey, then you really have a DEAD pixel.

Just massage it lightly clockwise until it gets unstuck. Works like a charm.

Good luck with the screen.
Alex

I'm not sure how long you have had it, But if its within the 30 day mark or you have some kinda warranty im sure you could get them to swap out your computer. I had my 5100 swapped out three times before i got one without dead pixels.

Just tell them, there is a huge amount of dead pixels and let them know that you have to have a computer for work or something. I did that and they overnighted me a new laptop on 3 different occcasions until i got a good one. If you say i have 2 dead pixels they will automatically say thats below the limit. But if you say a huge amount or something like that they cant say much to you. I doubt they care anyway. Just thought i would let you know what i did. Good luck with it!

i just bought a emachine and have a stupid green pixel in the middle of the screen.........uuuggghhhh

Originally posted by spinky
i have a 600m as well.. when i got it, it had 0 dead pixels.. checked it with black, white, red, blue, green and yellow screens..

i left my laptop on the whole day today..with the screen on, under a/c.. when i came on..reboot.. a sub dead pixel, lit blue, on the left corner.. wtf..

does dead pixels just pop outta no where or what.

Had something similar to this on my Samsung monitor. Got it and it was perfect. After about a month, it developed 2 stuck pixels. Both blue. They only get stuck when black is displayed.

Other than that, the monitor is still working perfectly. I didn't bother with exchanging it for another one as I got a good deal on this monitor and it doesn't bother me much.

Originally posted by Shorty
So, have you guys named your dead pixels yet?

im debating taking this one back to bestbuy or naming this insignificant green spec

I had one on my eMachines when I opened it up at the store. I grabbed a piece of foam that was in the packaging and rubbed it on the screen. Lo and behold, poof! Dead pixel was gone!

Originally posted by mugen
i think it is covered by manufacturers warranty even if you dont have complete care.

but ive searched dells tech support forum and i found that you must have at least 10 DEAD pixels before they are replaced. this is Samsung's LCD warranty policy (i think only for laptops or depending on the size/resolution) but the guy at the forum that was asking had 600m too and he even called tech support only to be told the same thing. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Ah - I have a big spot in the center of my 600Ms screen with probably 25+ dead/damaged pixels. I have to wait till the summer to have it fixed though since I can't go without a computer during the school year.

Originally posted by Kendrak
If you just got it..... return, and rebuy.
If that's in reference to my post - I got it in september. I'm sure they'll cover it under warranty - I just doubt that they'll send me a new screen without me sending mine back.

Back