60 waffles for 6.99 in store only costco

TheResidentEvil

[H]ard|Gawd
I went there yesterday and got them. They are store brand though. Still a good price i think! You know you need more waffles.

Made the mistake of buying a box of waffles like this before. By about the 20th one I never wanted to see a waffle again.

0.116 cents/waffle sounds like a pretty good deal.

I have celiac disease so i cant eat any wheat. Going wheat free is not a weight loss method. While I am sure heavy amounts of anything can cause problems with anybody, wheat is far from a body toxin unless you have intolerance.

in short, the book is mumbo jumbo

I have celiac disease so i cant eat any wheat. Going wheat free is not a weight loss method. While I am sure heavy amounts of anything can cause problems with anybody, wheat is far from a body toxin unless you have intolerance.

Great arguments, very convincing.

I buy the Kirkland brand waffled for myself and my kids. I've got about half a case left, but I think I'll go pick another 1-2 of these up. So good for a quick and easy meal!

Buy a bunch of these, will ya? These waffles are made by a company we just acquired. :) Good for the stock price.

"In store only?" In this day and age, who shops in store when we got amazon :p

I just buy the bag of mix at costco, you just add water, pour it in a waffle maker, or in a pan and get pancakes... SLI mode bitches!

I buy the Kirkland brand waffled for myself and my kids. I've got about half a case left, but I think I'll go pick another 1-2 of these up. So good for a quick and easy meal!

can't tell if joking or..

I make homemade waffles for less than or equal to that.

Easy Waffles (recipe is burned into my brain):

Mix together:
1-1/2 Cups Flower
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Sugar

In separate bowl, mix these:
1-1/2 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Make a "well" in the center of the dry mixture, pour in the wet mixture, and stir till combined. Cook in a waffle iron and you are good to go. It only takes me about 5 minutes to make the batter and then 5 minutes per waffle "sheet" (4 waffles) in my cheap GE waffle iron.

I make a double batch every other week and freeze what we don't eat so the kids have breakfast every morning until I make them again.

People have been eating wheat for thousands of years and ever since then they've been dying. Coincidence? No.

i hope this is real.. because i live 3 blocks away from a costco (literally) and is about to fun out and grab some waffles XD

Great arguments, very convincing.

More convincing than a book that claims that cutting out a single ingredient without actually reducing caloric intake or increasing expenditure is going to magically make you lose weight. It's just another quick-buck book that fools people into believing that there are easy fixes instead of steady, hard, long-term work to combat years of neglect.

It's called common sense.

Just got back from costco, $6.99 for 60 kirkland waffles XD

thanks for the heads up

People have been eating wheat for thousands of years and ever since then they've been dying. Coincidence? No.

It is worse than that. Notice how for millions of years the evolving human race has been dying, and they have been drinking water and breathing air. Coincidence? Obviously not.

More convincing than a book that claims that cutting out a single ingredient without actually reducing caloric intake or increasing expenditure is going to magically make you lose weight. It's just another quick-buck book that fools people into believing that there are easy fixes instead of steady, hard, long-term work to combat years of neglect.

It's called common sense.

It is called knowledge vs. ignorance, and you are obviously 100% correct. It has to do with the endless lack of understanding of even the most basic aspects of nutrition and weight. Still, it could be worse: the book could be recommending a fatless or extremely low-fat diet. That would have catastrophic health effects.

GirWaffles.jpg

Do they taste like cardboard?

so you can get Aunt Jemima Blueberry or Buttermilk 10 waffle packs for 82 cents a box at WinCo foods.... every day price. I cant tell a difference between the kirkland costco ones and those. WinCo foods

Last edited:
Nutritional equivalent of styrofoam

Well thats your "opinion" i suppose.... and now here are the "FACTS" ........ and besides.... they taste better than styrofoam....:D Calorie Count and Nutrition break down - Aunt Jemima Waffles..... *****VS***** Calorie Count and Nutrition break down for Styrofoam cakes... lol ok not ACTUAL styrofoam but if you have eaten these things they are damn close..... and who wins??? Aunt Jemima Waffles.... B...... Styrofoam cakes...... D+ LOL.

Last edited:
I'm about to go eat some waffles bc of this thread. Eggo buttermilk waffles that is. I've tried these Costco waffles and thought they were TERRIBLE for some reason.

I'm about to go eat some waffles bc of this thread. Eggo buttermilk waffles that is. I've tried these Costco waffles and thought they were TERRIBLE for some reason.
Wait, they're worse than fucking EGGOs?! D:

Ye ought to make your waffles from scratch. 'Tis but a trifle, as mavrocket pointed out.

Wait, they're worse than fucking EGGOs?! D:

Ye ought to make your waffles from scratch. 'Tis but a trifle, as mavrocket pointed out.
The trick to good waffles is to use a fruit like blueberries (be careful not to break them while stirring), and canned cream corn.

I make homemade waffles for less than or equal to that.

Easy Waffles (recipe is burned into my brain):

Mix together:
1-1/2 Cups Flower
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Sugar

In separate bowl, mix these:
1-1/2 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

Make a "well" in the center of the dry mixture, pour in the wet mixture, and stir till combined. Cook in a waffle iron and you are good to go. It only takes me about 5 minutes to make the batter and then 5 minutes per waffle "sheet" (4 waffles) in my cheap GE waffle iron.

I make a double batch every other week and freeze what we don't eat so the kids have breakfast every morning until I make them again.

yeah, waffles are WAY better fresh than frozen, and it takes VERY little time to make them.

Only downside is needing a waffle iron :p (and cleaning said waffle iron, which can be a pain)

Agreed.

There is no magic bullet to weight loss. Anyone promising that one diet or another is going to magically cause you to start shedding pounds is full of shit. It's snake oil, plain and simple.

There is only one way to lose weight. Consume fewer calories than you expend.

Calories in - calories out. = net calories. Make net calories negative, you lose weight.

It takes a deficit of 3500 calories to lose a pound.

Monitor everything you eat in a day and keep a log. Monitor all of your workouts and keep a log. (there are online tools, like Livestrong that help with this)

Simple.

Calories in = what you eat

Calories out = Basal metabolic rate + Calories expended from physical exertion.

The only thing that complicates this is the BMR, which is not fixed. Working out, and building muscle actually increases the BMR in addition to burning calories during your workout. Working out too much, or starving yourself - on the other hand - is also counter-productive as it kicks your body in to alert mode and lowers your BMR significantly, making weight loss near impossible.

Best way to avoid this is to work out, but not too much, and continue eating a normal mixed diet, including tasty fatty things on occasion. If you notice a stop in weight loss. Take a week off to let your body recover, and try again.

Worst thing you can do, when weight loss tapers off, is to take it as a sign you need to
work harder, as it just exacerbates the above.

Also, alternate workouts. Try to avoid steady state cardio, instead do high intensity interval training. Strength training is also key. alternate weight training and interval training.

Body building type weight lifting (having an "arms day, back, day, legs day, etc. and focusing on low reps high weight) is less helpful. Instead try circuit training, in which you do a full body workout the same day, with high rep counts (10-12), lower weights, and little to no rest inbetween to keep the heart rate up.

Try to target 1lb per week, and at the very most 2lb per week (but this is mostly unsustainable long term)

I've lost 40 lb in the last year, 32 of them since early December. I did this by busting my ass at the gym, and watching what I eat.

Turns out when you hit 30, bad shit happens to your body causing inevitable weight gain, unless you do something about it. Ignoring it for 3 years was a bad idea.
I was used to not having to work out, messing around with my computer all day, eating whatever I wanted, and staying in reasonable shape doing so. My 30s put an end to that...

Anyway,

EAT LESS MOVE MORE!

This is the ONLY way to do it. Any other method WILL fail. Any book promising weight loss without eating less, and moving more is snake oil.

That wheat avoidance book is just a bunch of bunk. Wheat and glutamate are good for you! (Just try to get more of the wholegrain stuff, and less of the white refined stuff). (That is, unless - as mentioned above you are either celiac, or have a wheat intolerance)

Back