60 second Halo 2 TV trailer!

Man, I'm DEFINITELY gonna get this game, especially because I ENJOYED Halo like no tomorrow. Halo was undoubtedly one of the best FPS shooters of ALL time, and I have really high expectations for Halo 2. Man would it be awesome for the begining of Halo 2 to have the Master Cheif do a one man siege of a Covenant mothership (those big gray floating things with the blue tractor beam) and then crash it into another mothership while escaping from some kind of Covenant dropship to a battletorn city on earth.....Oh man! The possibilities! :D I think I shall play this on easy mode because I really enjoy knocking up Covenant with my melee attack :D That was one of my favorite parts of Halo, and I hope they revamp the melee combat.

Noodle, that scenario might not be far off...

EGM let it slip that the Master Chief might be taking the fight to the Covenant homeworld in the beginning of the game...we'll see ;)

Game does not impress me. Halo was trash, same level over and over again, and got very boring through most of the game made me want to stop playing altogether. The only part that saved it was co-op. PC users got screwed big time, with no co-op. I will not be buying it.

looks good, but its more suited to pc though.
FPS's on consoles suck!

:eek:

That video was excellent!! Too bad it won't be coming to PC anytime soon if at all. :(
No way in hell am I spending the cash to get an Xbox or any other crap console.

I heard this game would not be doing co-op over xbox live or network. Is this true? If it is, does this mean that there is no split screen co-op either? Man that would truely suck if there is no co-op whatsoever.

Noodle Boy said:
I heard this game would not be doing co-op over xbox live or network. Is this true? If it is, does this mean that there is no split screen co-op either? Man that would truely suck if there is no co-op whatsoever.
Don't worry, there is still supposed to be split screen co-op. :D
And yes... I think that is Keith David's voice near the begining of the 60 sec clip. Bad ass! :cool:

That video was excellent!! Too bad it won't be coming to PC anytime soon if at all.
No way in hell am I spending the cash to get an Xbox or any other crap console.

But somehow paying 4-5 times as much for a videocard that plays games that aren't half as good as Halo 2 makes sense...

Halo was trash, same level over and over again, and got very boring through most of the game made me want to stop playing altogether.

You must not had read the direct quote from EGM after they had a chance to play-test the game...

looks good, but its more suited to pc though.
FPS's on consoles suck!

Sorry, but no. Halo was far too easy on the PC. The game was designed for a controller. The combined tens of millions who loved games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Halo beg to differ.

Akuma said:
Well the original Halo looked damn good when it came out and we all know how that turned out.

I admit that this one does look a lot better. I just hoped it's not another dumbed down FPS after you get past the glam.

are you implying that halo did not do well? have you been locked in a cage or are you just so biased you do not even want to give a shred of credit?

the game did extremely well, and was the best game at the time. :rolleyes:

edit... just watched that last little video...

where all the hot bitches playing halo2 at? :(

WickedAngel said:
Sorry, but no. Halo was far too easy on the PC. The game was designed for a controller. The combined tens of millions who loved games like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and Halo beg to differ.
correct me if im wrong but...
I thought halo was made for pc, then microsoft brought it and stuck it on Xbox.

I myself found Halo to be very boring, and I didn't even get to the part where everybody says that it get's repetative level-wise.

I just foudn the area's to be un-imaginative and boring to play though.

Halo 2 on the other hand, looks like it might have something, I just finished watching this video It is 150+ mb so don't plan on watching it if you have dial-up. The game looks like it will be more fun, but I still get the déja vu feeling with the textures afer one minute, it all looks the same. But the gameplay itself looks nice.

correct me if im wrong but...
I thought halo was made for pc, then microsoft brought it and stuck it on Xbox.

Will do.

Microsoft bought Halo when it was still in the transition between MAC and PC. It didn't even have a finalized genre at the time. When they bought Bungie, the idea of keeping it an RTS was still being thrown around.

It wasn't even finalized as an FPS until development for the Xbox began. They trashed most, if not all, of the code that once existed for the Mac/PC Halo when they took it over to the Xbox.

Enrickey said:
I myself found Halo to be very boring, and I didn't even get to the part where everybody says that it get's repetative level-wise.

I just foudn the area's to be un-imaginative and boring to play though.

Halo 2 on the other hand, looks like it might have something, I just finished watching this video It is 150+ mb so don't plan on watching it if you have dial-up. The game looks like it will be more fun, but I still get the déja vu feeling with the textures afer one minute, it all looks the same. But the gameplay itself looks nice.

Ah...and here come the people who find the graphics in a game much more important than the gameplay, story, character development, or writing...consequently the same people who criticize Doom 3 for not having enough story or character development. Anyone else notice a trend?

Anyone else notice lindsay lohan in the behind the scenes' multiplayer thingie?

Some people really need to get over this whole anti-xbox anti-halo thing.

superthrawn said:
Ah...and here come the people who find the graphics in a game much more important than the gameplay, story, character development, or writing...consequently the same people who criticize Doom 3 for not having enough story or character development. Anyone else notice a trend?
doom 3 is a pos with no story, just graphics that will make most systems cry.
with that being said. I do agree, too many people play games by how good the graphics are.
its all about gameplay

HL2 has been over rated since the day it was announced 18 months ago. I am sure it will be a great game but not like it will be the second coming or anything. Halo 2 will probably be just as great.

I love all the Halo haters around here, wouldn't know a good game if it bit them in the ass. They say, playing the same level twice. Apperently they have no regard to the story which explains why let alone that part that part that makes the game a masterpiece. Something tells me that a bunch of anti Halo are angry PC fan boys that are upset that MS bought Halo so it was delayed for PC for two years. These people are ridiculous. They say that the early screen shots looked great and that the graphics were pushed back because of the Xbox. I dare anyone to show me an early screen shot that looks equally as good as the game running on Xbox.

FPS, the point I was getting at is that people like to complain. They judge games too harshly, don't let them speak for what they are.

Now, personally, I liked Doom 3. Was it the greatest game I've ever played? No, but it was a good game. Since when do games need a story to be good? Painkiller, Serious Sam and Will Rock all lacked serious stories, and they were great FPSes. Doom 3 was good at scaring people, and I was scared by it. Tack that on to the fact that it came bundled w/ my 6800, and I don't have any problems with the game. Well...other than the fact that people don't understand its multiplayer mode...but what can you do about that?

In addition, I just checked out the video, and I will say this. The gameplay is almost exactly what I expected, and I'm happy to see that I'll be getting some more Halo fixishness for a while. :) As for the graphics...I wouldn't count on those being the final images you see in game. Those textures looked like they'd been slapped on in order to make the level playable for E3, and not final textures...I would expect that Bungie has done a bit of revamping on that one. If not...again, it's not all about graphics.

It really isn't that amazing when you realise that the resolution is only 640x480

I feel the gameplay vs graphics argument coming on. Does it really matter? Both Halo 2 and HalfLife 2 will be great games, can't we just leave it at that?

No...PC loyalists won't rest until they've discredited consoles and popular console titles as much as possible. Afterwards, they may have more time to masturbate to the Doom 3 graphics engine and hope that it may one day be applied to a game that isn't mediocre.

WickedAngel said:
No...PC loyalists won't rest until they've discredited consoles and popular console titles as much as possible. Afterwards, they will may have more time to masturbate to the Doom 3 graphics engine and hope that it may one day be applied to a game that isn't mediocre.

lol this is true. No PC game really made me go "Wow!" in terms of gameplay. Everything is about graphics and what engine is the best. Oh well....I hope HL2 turns out good.

HOLY FUKTARDS!!!!!! I just saw the e3 2003 movie...the ~9 min one...I have decided to screw the PC version and actually buy an XBox...I know I vowed not to but this just did it...I WANT HALO FUKING 2!!!!!!!

It made you so excited you forgot english. Always swear properly - fuck has a c in it :D

I'm somewhat impatiently waiting for it too, i've got my preorder at EBgames and they'll be opening at midnight on the 9th... cant wait.

WickedAngel said:
No...PC loyalists won't rest until they've discredited consoles and popular console titles as much as possible. Afterwards, they will may have more time to masturbate to the Doom 3 graphics engine and hope that it may one day be applied to a game that isn't mediocre.

Most aren't loyal... just bitter.

I just wish more of these games would release on PC. But oh well. Guess I will finally have to buy an XBOX.

WickedAngel said:
No...PC loyalists won't rest until they've discredited consoles and popular console titles as much as possible. Afterwards, they may have more time to masturbate to the Doom 3 graphics engine and hope that it may one day be applied to a game that isn't mediocre.

*coughquake4cough*

I don't think anyone said this yet, but did anyone catch that double-meaning in the end?

"There are those who said this day would never come, what are they to say now?"

You know...People said that the game would never come out...The humans (and covenant?) in the game never thought it would be brought back to earth...Didn't know if anyone caught that.

pbguy434 said:
I don't think anyone said this yet, but did anyone catch that double-meaning in the end?

"There are those who said this day would never come, what are they to say now?"

You know...People said that the game would never come out...The humans (and covenant?) in the game never thought it would be brought back to earth...Didn't know if anyone caught that.

Yeah i got that...........heh

Doesn't look like anything special to me...just like the first Halo. Can't the xbox get another game for people to obsess over? Its funny seeing all xbox owners drooling over the flagship game once again.

To the guy who said halo 2 owns hl2: We'll just have to wait and see in a couple of weeks...but as of right now, Bill Gates pwns you!

megawzrd said:
Doesn't look like anything special to me...just like the first Halo. Can't the xbox get another game for people to obsess over? Its funny seeing all xbox owners drooling over the flagship game once again.

To the guy who said halo 2 owns hl2: We'll just have to wait and see in a couple of weeks...but as of right now, Bill Gates pwns you!

What do PC gamers get? Doom 3? Half Life 2? Doom 1 &2 were flagship games, so was Half Life. Atleast Halo 2 is going to be good, unlike 90% of the PC games out there. But you can wack off to Doom 3's graphics all you want, cuz thats all they give pc gamers.

yea far cry was a shitty, horrible, doom3esque tech demo wasnt it :rolleyes: same with call of duty, unreal tournament 2k4, these are only FPS's too

circuitbreaker, may i ask how many posts you make a day? you joined in july and are already a [H]ardGawd.....

halo didnt exactly make me go "Wow!" in terms of gameplay either. i had more fun blasting mercs and trigens in Far Cry than i did blasting covenants in co-op in halo

TVs are for the most part not as sharp and clear as monitors, you dont need AA for TV's since the picture is blurry and you are so far away from the tv.

it will be a good game though, i may pick it up when it comes out for PC but it may be a bullshitted version like halo was for PC

HALO2 kicks ass
halflife 2 will die by the hands of halo2....hl2 is trash compared to halo2...

i made a wet spot in my pants from the halo2 teasers......my left nut tickles :D

retardedchicken said:
yea far cry was a shitty, horrible, doom3esque tech demo wasnt it :rolleyes: same with call of duty, unreal tournament 2k4, these are only FPS's too

circuitbreaker, may i ask how many posts you make a day? you joined in july and are already a [H]ardGawd.....

halo didnt exactly make me go "Wow!" in terms of gameplay either. i had more fun blasting mercs and trigens in Far Cry than i did blasting covenants in co-op in halo

TVs are for the most part not as sharp and clear as monitors, you dont need AA for TV's since the picture is blurry and you are so far away from the tv.

it will be a good game though, i may pick it up when it comes out for PC but it may be a bullshitted version like halo was for PC

You've been here since November 03' and you dont know how to check? Guess you really do live up to your name

Back in 2001, when Halo 1 was released, it did make a lot of people go "wow!", simply because there was no game at the time quiet like it. The game had really cool vehicles, great graphics, awesome sound, great story, and best of all, AWESOME multiplayer. Back in 01, we didn't have Far Cry, Doom 3, Half Life 2 etc..So its not really fair to compare Halo 1 and these new age PC games ( which really arn't that great after you get over the eye candy ) There hasn't been ONE pc game yet that really kept me into it, i'm sure HL2 will be good, but I dont see myself playing it more than once. And c'mon....they're using CS:S as its main multiplayer?! We get a 5 year old game with a new coat of paint...yipe. :rolleyes: I can tell you right off the bat, Halo 2 MP will totaly kill CS:S MP. HL2 SP and Halo 2 SP might be neck to neck, but MP would be night and day. It all narrows down to what you think is cool though....here is my little comparion...

*based on footage i've seen on both*

Half Life 2

Vehicle(s): Stripped down buggy with a water gun on top ( plasma gun :p )
Some hover device that looks like it was built by a drunk homeless man

Main weapon(s): Crowbar ( !.....not ) ; Antigrav gun ( this looks cool..i'll admit that )

Main Character: Gordon Freeman ( nerd with a gun & armor )

Enemies: Slow zombies that have a womens part in the center of their stomach
Head Crabs
Combine ( they look cool )

Level Design: Looks good, but its pretty flat...

Halo 2

Vehicle(s): 12 different types this time around ( warthogs, ghosts, etc.. )

Main Weapon(s): Plasma Sword ( way cooler than a crowbar ); Dual Weilding :D; Assault Rilfe, and that mystery gun in that one scan

Main Character: MC ( looks way cooler than that point dexter )

Enemies: To many to name

Level Design: To awesome to describe

So it really narrows down to what you think is cool, letting a half dead zombie scratch you and wack him 10 times with a crowbar, or having 3 hunters gang up on you and slice all of them in half with a plasma sword.

the only games since halo that have kept me engaged (until the very end) are homeworld 2 and warhammer 40k: dawn of war. both by relic, both badass RTS's...

The humans (and covenant?) in the game never thought it would be brought back to earth.

The Covenant knew it would only be a matter of time before they discovered the Earth home world. In the Halo universe, they were notoriously good at cracking Earth-based codes and transmissions (Which is why many of them knew English, including the seemingly weak-minded Grunts). We, on the other hand, were just learning the basics of their language...let alone their code-systems. The humans were grossly outmatched.

Can't the xbox get another game for people to obsess over?

You're right...we haven't seen a good game since Halo...assuming you don't count;

Splinter Cell (Had it MONTHS before PC users)
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
Burnout 3: Takedown
Ninja Gaiden
Fable
Top Spin
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Challenge 2
Soul Calibur 2
Jet Set Radio: Future
Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
MechAssault
Full Spectrum Warrior
Dead or Alive 3
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Had it MONTHS before PC users)
Colin Mcrae 2003
Guilty Gear X2: Reload
NBA2K3
NBA2K4
Gun Valkyrie
Madden NFL 2002
Madden NFL 2003
Madden NFL 2004
Moto GP 2
Moto GP: Ultimate Racing Technology
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2