60'' LED Sony TV at Best Buy, $999

Hummm that is the biggest that my entertainment center could hold.. but no.. the 55 inch we have will do. ;)

Great price. Walmart has it for 1200, and Amazon has it for 1500.

So this would be a great deal.

How is the quality of this tv? I'll rather have quality over size but if the quality is great I might get it for the man cave.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A word of advice from someone who never really owned a large tv.

I bought a 55" inch tv earlier this and and it's awesome, but god damn.. I didn't think of how hard it would be to move it. It's literally impossible to do by yourself. Good luck selling it too, unless you have a truck or a large SUV there is no way you will be able to get it rid of it unless you are tossing it in the trash.

I bought a 55" inch tv earlier this and and it's awesome, but god damn.. I didn't think of how hard it would be to move it. It's literally impossible to do by yourself. Good luck selling it too, unless you have a truck or a large SUV there is no way you will be able to get it rid of it unless you are tossing it in the trash.

I bought a 70" led about 6 months ago, only weighs like 80 pounds.. but definitely need 2 people just because of the size, not weight. I replaced my 55" sony 1080p tcos projection with the new one, weight again was not to bad, could actually move it by myself, put it on craigslist for 300 dollars and sold within 24 hours, person came in an extended cab pickup and fit in the back seat no problem.

Word of advice: If the weight of an LED gave you nightmares, dont ever go near a plasma.

My 55'' Sony fit in my wife's Honda Fit. You are either a tiny person, or bought a very fat TV.

Can you stream video files (avi, mkv, mp4) from my PC to this TV? I could not find a clear answer on that. I know it works well on my Samsung.

I have a 55" Sony LED (NX810). I picked it up by myself easily, and put it in the back of my car easily. It's only like 65-70lbs with the stand...

Word of advice if you want a large TV, don't be a girl (unless you're a body builder).

Just bought a motorcycle... I think I might lose my wife if I make this purchase.

Do you even lift bro? Are you seriously trying to start some kind of dick waving contest?

Whoa -- if there is a contest for waving dicks, i want in. I've been practicing all my moves in front of the mirror for just this occasion.

My signature move is the helicopter -- but in my version I actually lift off.

Skills!

My 47" Sony is just small enough that I can get a good grip around both edges (sides) while moving it. I would probably just grab it top and bottom if I had anything larger. Weight really isn't an issue as others have said. 2 people would make me feel better moving it though.

My Sony is 3D but I never ever use it, so I'd rather get a better quality TV than one with a feature I'll never use. Such a gimmick.

Is this dead??? Tried to do ship to store and I cant ship to any stores in Nevada or even anything within 2 hours of me. Tried 6-7 stores ;/

why is it everyone always refer to wife as a buying requirement/check box ... not how it works here. AND she has been asking for another big screen.

why is it everyone always refer to wife as a buying requirement/check box ... not how it works here. AND she has been asking for another big screen.

because for some weird reason, a lot of couples end up with a "power" situation like that.

Guys just have three checking accounts, one for you, one for your wife and a joint account. It's not that complicated. This way if you want to buy a $700 GPU or a $1,000 lens and she wants to buy a $1,000 purse you can't tell the other person not to.

Guys just have three checking accounts, one for you, one for your wife and a joint account. It's not that complicated. This way if you want to buy a $700 GPU or a $1,000 lens and she wants to buy a $1,000 purse you can't tell the other person not to.

Then you just move the debate to who puts how much in the joint account :p

I still have a 36 inch Sony Wega HD TV from 2002. It's 235 pounds and still sits exactly where I put it 11 years ago.

Fuck those fucking things. A friend if mine had one and I helped him move 3 times in a little over a year. If the weight was evenly distributed it wouldn't be so bad moving the fucker around. As it was, it felt like the damn TV was actually trying to tip over while we carried it.

What's even worse, it is fairly common for people to refer to girlfriends as checkboxes.

Guys doing that need to run..

I'm not married and even I know that having separate account with a wife that wants to control all of your money is the same as having one account. Another word you're just wasting more time getting the same result. I believe this sums it up best: What's yours is hers and what's hers is of course hers :D

Because your money is her money as well.
Only if you're a puss. My boy and his wife both work and have separate checking accounts, his and hers, and they don't even bother with doing a joint account and instead just split the bills. He pays most of the bills, but at least he doesn't have to justify anything.

Personally, I avoided that trap all together, so I don't have to deal with that or slap a bitch for touching my thermostat. :D

Back