6 Monitor Question for Mancave

Hey Guys,

I am either going to sell these 3 Dell 3007wfp's or perhaps raise them up higher. I have 3 more LG 27GL380's coming tomorrow. See Picture of Mancave construction below.

QUESTION: I have (3) GTX 780 Ti's - Can I connect each to two monitors (totals 6) and drive 6 monitors for a monster desktop? Can I even think of gaming on them or just the three LG's? (LG's not shown, coming tomorrow) No monitors were injured during the shooting of this photo...(screensaver flash)
Going to put a desk in here maybe to place the LG's onto then have the other monitors raised above...

tempImagewwtGvh.jpg

6 should work fine for desktop but i not sure aboot gaming on 6, if the gpus can handle it. it gonna be 5760x3240, thats a lot...
3 should be no prob. except for newest games.

6 should work fine for desktop but i not sure aboot gaming on 6, if the gpus can handle it. it gonna be 5760x3240, thats a lot...
3 should be no prob. except for newest games.
I'm probably just going to get rid of the Dell Monitors and keep the new LG's. Too many, it won't look good with the Dell monster bezels. Plus my gpu's only have 3gb vram anyway so hope the new monitors work better until I can find a gpu or replace my system with a new one with a new gpu lol 🙄

Last edited:
If you are going to just use 3 monitors, then you should be able to keep your SLI config intact at least. You should be able to hook all 3 monitors to the outputs of your first card, which is how it works when you use SLI. The outputs on the 2nd and 3rd cards won't be used in SLI. Once you start connecting monitors to the 2nd and/or 3rd card, you have to disable SLI in order to make that work.

I'm still using 3x GTX680 in SLI in my backup computer, which is connected to all 3 of my primary displays. I just game using the center monitor, with the side monitors performing other tasks. With that computer I'm in an even worse situation with regards to VRam, being limited to 2GB. In most games (especially the ones that still support SLI), it's still workable if you don't use MSAA and go easy on things like view distance settings. If you're trying to do surround gaming though, gaming on all 3 monitors... good luck. Resolution sucks up VRam more than just about anything. I definitely felt it on my 2GB VRam GTX680 cards when I switched from a 1080P monitor to a 1440P monitor.

Back