6 finalized threaderipper boards

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
GN has a quick run down on 6 finalized threadripper boards. some nice boards but they all look the same...

Expensive but nice looking boards though. I'm going to just keep my Ryzen 8 core.. Too much to upgrade to this platform for me.

But where are the TR4 coolers for Threadripper?....that is a whole lot of chip to keep cool and nothing showing up yet.

But where are the TR4 coolers for Threadripper?....that is a whole lot of chip to keep cool and nothing showing up yet.
Most of the Asetek water coolers support it, Threadripper will ship with the bracket. 20 or so work, ex corsair 100i, 115i, kraken x62

I'm not sure how the measurements line up, but wouldn't the heat sinks on existing coolers be gimped somewhat since they are so small relative to the TR4 heat spreader?

I mean it would only need to worry about the inner part but i guess we will have to see the benchmarks on cooling
amd-epyc-delidded.png

I'm not sure how the measurements line up, but wouldn't the heat sinks on existing coolers be gimped somewhat since they are so small relative to the TR4 heat spreader?

with them being soldered to the heatspreader it may not be as much of a concern since the heats being directly transferred to it so any contact to it should cool it fine but i'm sure people will test the heck out of that with the AIO coolers in their reviews.

or maybe the bracket that it comes with puts the heatsink directly above the 2 active dies instead of directly over the middle of the cpu?

Back