6,000 RIM Jobs On The Line

hmmm... I can see it now.

Front desk: "are you here for RIM job?"
candidate: "....."

It's going to suck when the company finally folds and has to take a dump on all those RIM jobs. The whole situation will really stink for the employees that are getting the shaft because management didn't see it coming even though it was flopping in front of their faces the whole time. Had they leaned forward and bitten it, they might have ended up on top. Instead, they couldn't perform and are dealing with flaccid sales in and are trying to limp along on two instead of three legs. I'd say no one is going to get aroused unless they pull out something really big and juicy really soon.

That blows. Not really. I have a BB for work and I hate it. Can't stand it. I'm moving to an iPhone, and I don't like iPhones. But, I HATE BlackBerries.

I just hope my BB doesnt stop working before I am able to get a new phone.

It's going to suck when the company finally folds and has to take a dump on all those RIM jobs. The whole situation will really stink for the employees that are getting the shaft because management didn't see it coming even though it was flopping in front of their faces the whole time. Had they leaned forward and bitten it, they might have ended up on top. Instead, they couldn't perform and are dealing with flaccid sales in and are trying to limp along on two instead of three legs. I'd say no one is going to get aroused unless they pull out something really big and juicy really soon.

+1000 :D:D:D:D

+1 internets

My God.....Its full of WIN!!!

I agree, they need something to properly compete against the iPhone and Android devices. They can't just rely on security.

That blows. Not really. I have a BB for work and I hate it. Can't stand it. I'm moving to an iPhone, and I don't like iPhones. But, I HATE BlackBerries.

Still using my 8900 Blackberry after almost 3 years.
Battery still lasts 2-3 days on a charge, meanwhile everyone else is plugging in thier phones to charge after lunch.

Most my users have switched to Android or iPhones, but we still have several BB users, including somone who switch back to a Blackberry after a month of using an android phone (They found the BB email interface and keyboard much easier to use)

LOL, that is exactly the situation.
i-see-what-you-did-there-rage-face-meme.png

I hate to see one of few Canadian tech companies have such a hard time, but sadly, it's the reality of this company. I can't say even I would buy a blackberry given the other options out there. I'd probably buy an Android.

And yeah title made me lol.

The very few that use BB's where I work were not to happy when we moved our E-Mail system to Google Apps.

Yeah, Google Apps does not support BB at all. The app they once had was nixed back in NOV. Only way to use Google Apps on a BB is through the web browser as the built in mail application supports Gmail, but not Google Apps.

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I hate BB's useless POS, any one ever deal with RIM tech support for a BES server, its a fucking travesty and an expensive one to boot.

My wife has to have one for her work. Something to do with the way the email is tied in. hehehe

I suppose a Blackberry could be compared with a Haemorrhoid, as apposed to an Android, then. :eek:

Still using my 8900 Blackberry after almost 3 years.
Battery still lasts 2-3 days on a charge, meanwhile everyone else is plugging in thier phones to charge after lunch.

Most my users have switched to Android or iPhones, but we still have several BB users, including somone who switch back to a Blackberry after a month of using an android phone (They found the BB email interface and keyboard much easier to use)

I'm in the same situation. Love my BB, tried the iPhone and the Android and when it comes to comunication, BB is still tops. Like you, my battery lasts a couple of days while all the others need charging once or twice a day. Should RIM die, going to have to find an android with a proper keyboard. :rolleyes:

90% of my work's BB users has switched to iPhones. Our Telco guy only permits BB and iPhones on our exchange server so I am stuck with an iPhone. I foresee us canning our BES here in the next 6 months.

You sir deserve Cake!

And on topic, I saw this coming a long time ago. I hope they don't fall, cause believe it or not, this will most likely drive prices up for other phones. Maybe not, time will tell.

Considering that the non-farm job growth was expected to be 151K and ended up being 69K, RIM's aren't the only jobs that are hurting.

Back