$6,000 for a preminum headset? The Varjo vr-1 for business, and deeep pockets

They really didn't thought this FOV = 85 thing at all imho
Waiting for something better... and 10x times cheaper :whistle:

Sweet this is awesome. Hope this helps trickle down to the consumer brands and making it more affordable.

Sweet this is awesome. Hope this helps trickle down to the consumer brands and making it more affordable.
I'm very interested in the 2 screen concept. I wonder if it would be possible to have 1 screen per eye, and then have a wire monitor mesh shaped like a fence to layer over the SDE between the pixels.

Last edited:
In reading the article it does not mention anything fast moving. It is a good concept but it seems to be for cad and other slow moving visuals. Which that part isn't even impressive. If it can play games and the FOV widened by a lot, then yes.
Like others said, it would be good for it to trickle down into a consumer product.

Guys this is intended purely for business and professional uses like medicine and architectural stuff. It's literally the equivalent of comparing a gtx 1080 ti to a Quadro. Totally different audience.

I do not think stacking displays is the way to go.
Firstly cheap (400$ tops for whole package) consumer headsets with eye tracking need to appear, then games need to add support for it and then resolution of displays need to increase enough to accommodate higher FOV need to be developed and only then improve enough to get to "retina" level of resolution by which time foveated rendering will be widely supported.

Also when we are talking about high resolutions and "like human vision" experiences I think we absolutely need varifocal displays and ray-tracing in games. Rendered games look terribly unnatural in VR, much more so than on normal screens. Thankfully ray-tracing unlike rendering is very well suited to use in combination with foveated rendering. Heck, I bet current GPU's are powerful enough to run ray-tracing on 4K screens at 90fps if combined with foveated rendering. We really need this tech!

Back