5X1 Enhanced HDMI Switch with built-in Equalizer (REV.2.1) $38.46

Good price, good company. What does the "equalizer" do? I don't see anything about it.

Good price, good company. What does the "equalizer" do? I don't see anything about it.

The HDMI Switcher allows access to multiple HDMI devices, such as DVD players and Satellite set-top boxes to one HDMI display.
It's a best choice for home theater systems and dual computer users.

does that

The 4x switch would not work with the PS3 for me. The 5x switch does, on the fifth port. I actually have both models right now (4x rev 3 and 5x rev 2.1) because I ordered the 4x initially and it wouldn't work, and Monoprice dropped the ball on the RMA request (I gotta fix that). They're functionally identical.

I have a REV2.5 4x that worked with the PS3 for me and Series 3 Tivo. Now I use my Onkyo Receiver.

I have a REV2.5 4x that worked with the PS3 for me and Series 3 Tivo. Now I use my Onkyo Receiver.

Does it work on any port or just one? On mine, the 4x will pass through the PS3 image but it has all sorts of multicolored pixel static 'noise'. If it doesn't do that on the 2.5 rev, then I wonder if the 3.0 one broke something. On the 5x, it does the same thing on the last port but it goes away after a couple seconds. Everything else works just fine.

Does it work on any port or just one? On mine, the 4x will pass through the PS3 image but it has all sorts of multicolored pixel static 'noise'. If it doesn't do that on the 2.5 rev, then I wonder if the 3.0 one broke something. On the 5x, it does the same thing on the last port but it goes away after a couple seconds. Everything else works just fine.

I had it plugged into the 2nd port, as far as I can remember. No multicolored static noise or anything.

Back