5G Will Be A Game Changer, Generating Trillions By 2035

Oh goodie, another useless number for the providers to tout to the idiots who don't know how technology works.

4G has been around how many years now? Number of times I've ever even hit 50% of its capability much less full capability? ZERO. They can't even deliver the current promised speeds, why should I give a rats ass about a new network? Besides even if they could it would just be data capped so low it would be completely irrelevant.

5G, no cap then, so it will compete with land line ISPs?
I was hoping (years ago) this would happen in the future.. right now that future seems farther and farther.
Only thing left is for Amazon Google or Starry to rescue us from this shit.

Wireless sucks.

If I was offered 100 mbit symetrical ethernet or 1gigabit symetrical wireless (of any variety), I'd take he 100 mbit wire every single time.

The only thing 5G will do is provide better utilization of bandwidth.
This should make things using it faster. The faster you download whatever you're downloading the more it frees it up for other people.

IoT is a bunch of crap. If you really believe you need a hairbrush, oven, refridge, washing machine, cup all connected to the internet to make your life easier, think again. No one wants this shit. It's just the idiots in marketing who can't think of new features for products that are jumping on board blindly.
Now i can get adding smarts to appliances. If i had a refrigerator that could detect when things are spoiling or even keep track of expiration dates without me having to enter anything and by using sensors, sounds pretty cool. But why the fuck would i want that information on the internet for any reason?

The only thing 5G will do is provide better utilization of bandwidth.
This should make things using it faster. The faster you download whatever you're downloading the more it frees it up for other people.

IoT is a bunch of crap. If you really believe you need a hairbrush, oven, refridge, washing machine, cup all connected to the internet to make your life easier, think again. No one wants this shit. It's just the idiots in marketing who can't think of new features for products that are jumping on board blindly.
Now i can get adding smarts to appliances. If i had a refrigerator that could detect when things are spoiling or even keep track of expiration dates without me having to enter anything and by using sensors, sounds pretty cool. But why the fuck would i want that information on the internet for any reason?
Because as your nosy neighbor, if I run out of sugar or milk for my coffee, I don't want to waste my time banging on your front door for something you don't have.

I think the other problem I have with the IoT, is that somehow I get the feeling that everything that can possibly be monetized will be.

Perhaps this is a bit extreme, but, "sir, we are denying your warranty claim on the refrigerator door because we see that you've opened the door 24,348 times more than the typical user".

Back