5970 In Full Stock @ Newegg

If I had the money I would buy one... but home renovations/repairs are sucking me dry right now.

I'd rather give up my first born than pay that much for a video card. But that's just me.

I am waiting until the price gets down to $500.
Maybe with some luck I will be able to find one at this price in January.

Got the sapphire for $525. I was thinking about the other two but they went out of stock while I was debating. Ultimately the bundled DIRT 2 is worth $25 to me.

If you have a paypal account, try to pay with it and see if the bill me later promo comes up during checkout. You can save $100 that way in exchange for a hard pull on your credit report. Definitely worth it for me since I bought a townhome and a 350z not too long ago so my credit can go to shit for all I care.

No problem. They're still in stock.

Price? Ouch. I know.

Got the sapphire for $525. I was thinking about the other two but they went out of stock while I was debating. Ultimately the bundled DIRT 2 is worth $25 to me.

If you have a paypal account, try to pay with it and see if the bill me later promo comes up during checkout. You can save $100 that way in exchange for a hard pull on your credit report. Definitely worth it for me since I bought a townhome and a 350z not too long ago so my credit can go to shit for all I care.

LOL

Good strategy. I told my clients the same. After you make to large purchases like that, you're taking a hit always. Car dealers rape credit pulls if you're not careful.

They're actually all OOS now. When you click on the individual video card it'll show you a grayed out button and the dreaded 'auto-notify' option.

I am willing to predict Asus, XFX, and Visiontek later tonight. What do you guys think?

I am willing to predict Asus, XFX, and Visiontek later tonight. What do you guys think?

Yeah your right, I would rather wait for the XFX brand anyways, their killer warranty owns. And maybe they will get the special "Black Edition" version :eek:

Also just got off the phone with Fry's in Chicago_land, and the geek salesman said they will get them in next week by the 26th to have plenty for sale Black Friday

Yeah your right, I would rather wait for the XFX brand anyways, their killer warranty owns. And maybe they will get the special "Black Edition" version :eek:

Also just got off the phone with Fry's in Chicago_land, and the geek salesman said they will get them in next week by the 26th to have plenty for sale Black Friday

Black Edition? Explain.

They are all the EXACT same card. Only the warranty and support are different. As long as your card works, then there are no worries. I didn't want to take a chance on XFX just to watch them sell out in 10 seconds and be out of stock for the next three months.

XFX 5970 Black Edition is also the card I wanted but... if it won't be out till after Thanksgiving, I'll just make do with what I've got, which isn't bad. :) I'm guessing the XFX 5970 BE will go for at least $100 more than the regular edition.

He's talking about special editions of the cards...The Black Edition has extra shaders/etc..There are no special editions of the 5970s right now, they are all reference boards,

That's incorrect. The XFX 5970 BE will not have any more shaders or memory than a stock 5970. However it will have higher binned parts that supposedly will allow it to reach more extreme overclocks. For example they suggest that 1ghz core and 6ghz memory could be possible with the BE. Thats 1000/1500. Wow. I'm not sure any card would be able to do that but it would certainly kick ass if it could approach those stated goals. Here's the official data from XFX themselves.

http://www.xfxforce.com/ecms.ashx/1...rdSeries_RelatedGraphicCardModels1/HD5970.pdf

I hope you're right.

Right now, I have a XFX 5850 constantly being refreshed in my Newegg shopping cart. I'd rather have the 5870, but I'm not sure how long I can hold out...

LOL! Man, that is so much like me!

It's rough man. I have a massive steel case in an unopened box, a D0 i7 920, 6 GB DD3, Windows 7 Pro, a 300 GB Velociraptor, and a 950 watt PSU all itching to be used.

The mobo I want is going to be cake to get; I need a video card now!

It's rough man. I have a massive steel case in an unopened box, a D0 i7 920, 6 GB DD3, Windows 7 Pro, a 300 GB Velociraptor, and a 950 watt PSU all itching to be used.

The mobo I want is going to be cake to get; I need a video card now!

Lol I was in that exact boat 3 weeks ago. I had my i7 920 D0, 6gb ram, 1050 w psu, case, mobo, 2x500gb hds, new 23" monitor all sitting in a pile waiting for the 5870 to come into stock somewhere...I also had the 5850 in my cart multiple times. Don't do it! I got an auto notify from newegg while in class taking a test, I excused myself went to the bathroom and ordered my asus 5870 from my blackberry in the stall and went back to class happy as can be!! It was a great feeling to hold out and get what I REALLY wanted!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll wait for the 5870 to come in stock.

I was strongly considering the 5970 until the poker hall flipped me upside down and shook everything it could out of my wallet. :rolleyes:

I wonder why the Sapphire 5970 is not even listed on Newegg anymore. Any thougths?

I wonder why the Sapphire 5970 is not even listed on Newegg anymore. Any thougths?

They deactivate an item when they know they're not going to get anymore for a long while.

This briefly happened to the XFX 5870 for example.

What I can't figure out is why the price of the HIS 5970 rose by $55 compared to other 5970s! I mean is there a hidden winning lottery ticket in one of the boxes? =)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161311&cm_re=5970-_-14-161-311-_-Product

They deactivate an item when they know they're not going to get anymore for a long while.

This briefly happened to the XFX 5870 for example.

What I can't figure out is why the price of the HIS 5970 rose by $55 compared to other 5970s! I mean is there a hidden winning lottery ticket in one of the boxes? =)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161311&cm_re=5970-_-14-161-311-_-Product

Supply and demand? I got mine from the egg for 624 i believe. this is crazy, lol.

Back