5950x from antonline via ebay $630

There was someone on here selling a couple of 'em for $500 a few months ago. If I see that again soon, I'm gonna bite.

Are we expecting a substantial $$ drop as AMD competes with Intel 12th gen or are they just dwindling stock at set margins awaiting Zen4?
I was expecting something a little more aggressive by now.

Are we expecting a substantial $$ drop as AMD competes with Intel 12th gen or are they just dwindling stock at set margins awaiting Zen4?
I was expecting something a little more aggressive by now.

I doubt it. It's arguably not that much worse than a 12900k and is a drop in replacement for a lot of people.

As the highest end CPU on that socket, it will always have some value.

Why? Most of them fulfill through Amazon anyways. And when they don't, Amazon's purchase protection policies basically let buyers say whatever they want and get a refund.
I thought that if they were not fulfilled by amazon you had to abide by their return policies.

Sorta. It's certainly more difficult than returning Prime items.

But if you get shipped something other than what you ordered, getting Amazon to step in and reverse charges is a cinch. And if you want to return something just because you feel like wasting everyone's time, Amazon will still push it through even if the seller gives pushback.

I used to sell on Amazon for years, trying to get away from eBay, but got legitimately burned by fraudulent buyers. Amazon never gave any shits. Eventually just closed my seller account.

12 core 5900x is at Amazon for $450 today. Newegg has it for $440 after $60 discount code (93XSP27). 5950X is $599 at Newegg and Amazon.

Back