5930K w/ Asus X99 Rampage V Extreme OC

Having some issues doing everything manually. I have no idea where I stand with this and was seeking input, advice, and tips from anyone with a similar build. This board offers so many more options than I'm used to, and with the newer chipset and Haswell-E I'm starting to show my age. I let it do the auto overclock, then started making adjustments from there, because I had little to no luck starting from scratch for some reason.

b0yHORch.png

Additional Comment:

Dropped the voltage down to 1.275v to reign in the temps a little.

3zu3voQ.png

Dropped again to 1.265v; seems this is the lowest it'll go in order to turn over on boot. Any recommendations for maybe stabilizing it at lower temperatures by adjusting other settings? Additionally, does this seems remotely on track for this mobo/CPU? Additionally, I'm conflicted whether or not power savings or C state settings being disabled would help.

f6nwjKJ.png

is hard to get 4.4GHz stable at 1.265V.
if you are not overclocking cache and memory the only other parameter that you should tune is VCCIN and LLC.

LLC6 is the base for such overclock and 1.92V is the VCCIN where to start.

Thank you, it appears stable and is running preliminary stress tests great excluding temps. Would like to lower, I think I'm goign to have to move to water to feel satisfied with the temps. Will try and tune those voltages and report back.

The VCCIN I assume is CPU Input Voltage, which is running at 1.85v currently.

Thank you, it appears stable and is running preliminary stress tests great excluding temps. Would like to lower, I think I'm goign to have to move to water to feel satisfied with the temps. Will try and tune those voltages and report back.

The VCCIN I assume is CPU Input Voltage, which is running at 1.85v currently.

1.85V is too few for quite every overclock, so yes, raise input voltage (VCCIN).
1.3V is doable with a good AIO, over 1.3V is dual big radiator territory.

Will do! My industrial 3000RPM Noctua fans arrived, now we wait...

I don't think you'll be needing those. That EK AIO comes with the EK Varder F4-120ER fans, supposedly they are about the best fans currently available for noise vs. airflow.

Back, load at 4.5 GHz 1.265v is in the low 70s, idles under 40. Doing IntelBurn, had a BSOD here and there at 4.6GHz 1.29v or lower, decided better temps were worth it and I'm backing it off.

Over all, a solid AIO for sure.

0a9bolS.png

Back