5870 temps & fan speeds

ann0yanc3

Gawd
what kind of temps are you guys getting during benchmarking and gaming? and how fast is your fan going at the time?

i ran through 3dmark06 demos @ 1920x1200 with 4xAA, 16xAF, everything else on max. my temps never went higher than 70C, and the fan never went faster than 30%. i have the case off right now, and it wasn't loud at all. barely even noticed.

system specs:

asus gene 2
core i7 920 (stock)
sapphire 5870
6gb corsair dominator @ 1600mhz

I run the fan at 35% and don't really hear it at all over other case fans. just to keep it cool it runs at 59c under load after running the crysis benchmark, I have to admit this card is fast, I have a final oc at 920core with default voltage, it runs higher but games lock up here and there, and 920 seems to be fine, runs crysis like a butter at 1920x1200 very high at 39.9fps, pretty damn good, I don't use aa in crysis because I really don't think I need it in that game since the scenery is pretty much trees and hills.

Ever since I got Triple screen Eyefinity functional my idle GPU speed is stuck at 400mhz

yep it does that. not a glitch. That's why they say the idle watt rating goes up with 3 monitors.

Back