And its partner
IMG_0444.jpg

Replacing the 295
IMG_0445.jpg

Size comparison
IMG_0447.jpg

New home
IMG_0449.jpg

I know only one connector is needed but I used both since I didnt want to throw the other one out
IMG_0458.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a 5 month old perfect condition 295 :p
IMG_0448.jpg

Impressions and bench coming later this week when I find some time

Very nice. 5870 CrossfireX. Show us some benchies!
Actually I believe that [H] said in some cases that having both crossfire bridges installed fixed some graphical glitches, so they recommend using both.

Geez, I'd go nuts over just a 295, and you have TWO 5870's in CrossfireX. WOW. :eek:

All that money in GPU's and you can't afford dust filters/compressed air?

(serious, but still insanely jealous)

Here it is :D
IMG_0442.jpg

And its partner
IMG_0444.jpg

Replacing the 295
IMG_0445.jpg

Size comparison
IMG_0447.jpg

New home
IMG_0449.jpg

I know only one connector is needed but I used both since I didnt want to throw the other one out
IMG_0458.jpg

Anyone wanna buy a 5 month old perfect condition 295 :p
IMG_0448.jpg

Impressions and bench coming later this week when I find some time

And how much are you selling the GTX295 for? (Merely curious, as I don't have enough PSU or CPU for that monster as of yet.)

Very nice.

Should totally blow that case out though. The dust bunnies are nesting and multiplying :eek:

Very nice.

Should totally blow that case out though. The dust bunnies are nesting and multiplying :eek:

I was just going to say, all that money on GPU's and you can't afford a can of air duster? :p

Awesome cards however, enjoy the crossfire greatness and the awesome xfx warranty and support.

damn I didnt even realize how much dust collected in there. I took it out to the garage and used some air to blow it out. I dont actually game much. I only really play wow and waiting for CoD MW2 :D

I'm selling the card for around $300 cnd (so about $260US). Someone might as well make use of it rather than gather more dust :p

Cleaner than before
IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

You "don't game much" with that system??!?!?! :confused:

Nope. I get motion sickness playing FPS so I can tolerate maybe 10mins tops. I play wow about 2hrs a week. Trine has been keeping me busy lately though.

Rampage II mobo... you suck! :D So stop gaming already and tell us your impressions!

how does the air get into the top card ??

randy

The little red rectangles on the front end of the 5870 are air intakes.

Doesn't look like there's a ton of air getting directly into the impeller, but there's still a decent amount of airflow.

Received my single 5870 to replace my 4870X2 today as well. Man this thing rocks so far. Quite a bit higher minimum FPS in 2560x1600 in what I've tried so far (just Crysis and TF2 so far). Able to crank Crysis up a bit further and don't have nearly the same range of FPS fluctuations. Using the 9/18/2009 leaked 8.66 drivers. I may actually play Crysis all the way through this time. Fan is definitely quieter than my 4870X2 and the temps of course much lower. Very happy so far.

Man gratz on your cards & thanks for the pics finally someone with good quality photos! ;)

Btw can you disable one card (running a single) and tell me how does it compare with GTX295? faster/slower/smoother.minimum fps etc. And yes the price for the 295 is really nice ;)

Omg there is no space at all between the cards.
Does Asus P6T Deluxe V2 (or P6TD, they have exactly the same design) also have such short distance between the PCI-E ports as Rampage II Extreme have?
Because i'm thinking of buying a rig with 2 5870's and a Asus P6TD, but if the cards will be that close eachother i will stick to just 1 5870..
That little space between the cards is totally unacceptable, the motherboard manufacturers should improve on that part..

5870 CrossfireX for WoW? Hehe. That's just funny. But I guess it's on a 30" so maybe it's a little more demanding then I'd think, but damn. LOL, it's like using my 5870 to play Sims 3, which I just did a little while ago. Average framerates over 200, never drops below 75 fps, and the problem is that sometimes I get framerates 1000+ so it overheats the video card and makes the fan kick in! LOL.

how does the air get into the top card ??

randy

The case has a front 120mm fan that draws cold air straight into the card's intake. HP..err Voodoo designed the case and split them in zones hence the dividers.

As far as benchmarks goes Im holding off until I get my OCZ Agility SSD sometime tomorrow then reinstall Windows 7 64. I did run do a quick Vantage (performance), I cant remember the scores but the 295 was faster than the 5870s. I ran a timedemo with Crysis and the 5870s were 10 fps faster than the 295. I will try to run in single card mode as well to "feel" the difference. I'll run a more detailed test later during the week. On a positive note WoW hardly ever dips below 60fps now where as before it would be around 60-49. :D

5870 CrossfireX for WoW? Hehe. That's just funny. But I guess it's on a 30" so maybe it's a little more demanding then I'd think, but damn. LOL, it's like using my 5870 to play Sims 3, which I just did a little while ago. Average framerates over 200, never drops below 75 fps, and the problem is that sometimes I get framerates 1000+ so it overheats the video card and makes the fan kick in! LOL.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3650&p=7

WoW for some reason is fairly rough to run, I'd consider an avg fps of about 70 FPS to be smooth and CF 5870's at max settings puts out a measly 105.4, pretty damn low if you consider how old it is and how the GFX look.

Nice setup! I'm happy to see that the 5870s are shorter than the GTX295!

It didn't seem so long ago that I bought my GTX260 core 216 - and thought I was the sh**! I had to shoehorn that thing into a Antec Super LanBoy! >_< Thankfully, the aluminium case is very soft and have a lot o give for me to wedge it in there! I since upgraded to a HAF 922 though.

I'm going to wait for the next wave of technologies before I do another major upgrade (PCIE 3.0, SATA-III, hexacore CPUs, etc).

Get some benchies for us! What's the rest of your rig like?

Yes, how hot does that top card run? no air getting to that fan...I just looked a my mobo, and it has 1 more slot between cards than yours, to allow top fan to suck up some air. I just ordered a 2nd xfx 5870 to tryout.

Last edited:
Back