5870 (and crossfire) win7 WEI graphics scores?

FranklyShankly

[H]ard|Gawd
First of all, I know this number doesn't matter, but I'm just curious what scores people are getting, especially anyone with 5870's in crossfire.

I am getting a 6.0 in graphics and gaming graphics (my single gtx 285 got a 5.9 in vista, didn't run 7 until release so I can't compare).

I checked during the assessment, and it doesn't seem like the second card is waking up from its 2D clocks. Obviously the card wakes up in games so it doesn't matter, it just irks me I guess.

Ha! Clearly my 4670 is faster than your 5870 CF, as I get 6.8! ;) In all seriousness, one can but wonder how the heck it actually measures anything.

I ran into this myself with my 5850. On successive runs, I'd get either 6.0, 7.0, or 7.7 graphics scores. The WEI (in my case) did some weird throttling to my core and memory speeds - locking them at 400/900 during and after the WEI test was done. I'd have to restart my system to get back to the default 725/1000 speeds (even if I tried to manually re-set them in CCC).

Open GPU-z and watch the core and memory speeds. See if they do weird things (as mine did) while the test is running. This happened on both the 8.660 and 8.661 drivers.

(p.s. by throttling, I'm not referring to the normal 2D desktop mode where my speeds correctly drop to a power-saving 157/300 - the 400/900 thing just seems bizarre.)

5770 score 7.4 in Graphics and Gaming Graphics, surprisingly my mem score went from 5.9 to 7.4. after I installed the 5770.

Rig in sig gets 7.4 on everything but HDD, which gets a 5.9. This is with it running the graphics test with my 4850.

6.0 even for evan a single 5870 is way too low, I would expect at least a 7.8 or 7.9... easy.

What does it get when you disable X-fire? What drivers are you using?

I turned off crossfire and ran it on both cards, got a 6.0 on both. I'm using the 9.10 release drivers, and running them I got a 24,655 in vantage so I'm just gonna chalk it up to a stupid test on windows' part I guess.

WEI and Catalyst have a bug. Check your clocks via MSI Afterburner and you will notice that WEI downclocks the card for no reason.

My HD5850 gets 7.7, or 6.0 when it is downclocked.

ATI drivers are a headache.

Also does anyone know how to turn off WEI from RUNNING RANDOMLY in the middle of the night?

I have to restart after it runs because it ruins the clock speeds.

I ran into this myself with my 5850. On successive runs, I'd get either 6.0, 7.0, or 7.7 graphics scores. The WEI (in my case) did some weird throttling to my core and memory speeds - locking them at 400/900 during and after the WEI test was done. I'd have to restart my system to get back to the default 725/1000 speeds (even if I tried to manually re-set them in CCC).

Open GPU-z and watch the core and memory speeds. See if they do weird things (as mine did) while the test is running. This happened on both the 8.660 and 8.661 drivers.

(p.s. by throttling, I'm not referring to the normal 2D desktop mode where my speeds correctly drop to a power-saving 157/300 - the 400/900 thing just seems bizarre.)

^ This. ATI needs to fix this crap now.

This is a pretty well known bug. I get 6.0 also. I got it with one card and with two. Ive gotten it with three different drivers.

I really honestly don't know why anyone cares about any vista score, it is just as pointless as any frame over 60, lol.

hmm I get 7.8 with them crossfired..
winscores.jpg

Also does anyone know how to turn off WEI from RUNNING RANDOMLY in the middle of the night?

I have to restart after it runs because it ruins the clock speeds.

Check your Task Sheduler. Win7 has a metric ass-load of pointless scheduled tasks set up after an install. I remember when XP came out it maybe had one or two tasks set up in the scheduler after an install. I checked out the scheduler in 7 last night and there must have been at least 40 tasks set up.

Check your Task Sheduler. Win7 has a metric ass-load of pointless scheduled tasks set up after an install. I remember when XP came out it maybe had one or two tasks set up in the scheduler after an install. I checked out the scheduler in 7 last night and there must have been at least 40 tasks set up.

Did you disable them all?

Did you disable them all?

No. There are a few that sound quite important, but I disabled the plainly obvious ones that didn't do anything really important. I'm seeing if there's a guide about tweaking it yet, so your best bet is to look for one too to make sure you don't disable anything important.

WEI only uses one card from a Crossfire\SLI setup. If you click on the detailed information link, you'll see a notice at the bottom. For the record, my 5870 scored a 7.8.

it breaks the card? what?

More accurately, it gimps the card :( It locks you into 400/900 speeds until you restart the computer.

And I don't think anyone who runs the WEI is really that concerned with the scores they get - but at the very least, it shouldn't be temporarily changing the clock profile on your card.

Back