5850's available anywhere?

Anybody see the normally ships in 2 to 4 weeks thing right below the description? Thinking they are pre selling those now or ran out of stock and just didn't put it on the site.

Anybody see the normally ships in 2 to 4 weeks thing right below the description? Thinking they are pre selling those now or ran out of stock and just didn't put it on the site.

That was put up after we ordered.

Yeah there was 5 available per their description just after I ordered mine. Still shipping soon per their website. My last email from CS(which is definitely ESL) said I'd be getting an email with my shipping information "soon". Here is a repost of the last email I got:

"I am sorry for the inconvenience this had caused.

I've checked your order and see that there was an unexpected delay in obtaining "Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card 100282SR."

However, we have now obtained this item and are currently preparing your order for shipment.

It looks like we'll be able to ship your package earlier than the revised date estimated on our website. We'll send you an e-mail shortly to confirm the date of shipment. I expect that your order will arrive within one business days of the shipment date.

Please contact us again by visiting http://www.amazon.com/contact-us if you don't receive a shipment confirmation by October 7, 2009."

So now it looks like they're not getting stock to ship them until tomorrow. Sigh. JIT inventory makes for dissapointed customers when you don't deliver on your claim of stock.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[L]imey;1034717503 said:
Yeah there was 5 available per their description just after I ordered mine. Still shipping soon per their website. My last email from CS(which is definitely ESL) said I'd be getting an email with my shipping information "soon". Here is a repost of the last email I got:

"I am sorry for the inconvenience this had caused.

I've checked your order and see that there was an unexpected delay in obtaining "Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 1 GB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card 100282SR."

However, we have now obtained this item and are currently preparing your order for shipment.

It looks like we'll be able to ship your package earlier than the revised date estimated on our website. We'll send you an e-mail shortly to confirm the date of shipment. I expect that your order will arrive within one business days of the shipment date.

Please contact us again by visiting http://www.amazon.com/contact-us if you don't receive a shipment confirmation by October 7, 2009."

So now it looks like they're not getting stock to ship them until tomorrow. Sigh. JIT inventory makes for dissapointed customers when you don't deliver on your claim of stock.

Yeah really. If they don't have them on hand in their warehouse they should bloody say so on the product page.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly. I wouldn't have canceled my 5870 order from ZZF if I knew that.

Oh, and now, even though it hasn't shipped yet, I've been charged and I can't cancel my order. That is bullshit. I shouldn't be charged until it's out the door on the way to me.

[L]imey;1034717571 said:
Oh, and now, even though it hasn't shipped yet, I've been charged and I can't cancel my order. That is bullshit. I shouldn't be charged until it's out the door on the way to me.

Amazon does this when you order 1 or 2 day shipping, though.

It's only a few more days man, won't kill you.

Before they've even gotten stock on your item? That's poor. If it isn't shipped already, cancellation should still be an option.

You can always return it for a full refund and order it elsewhere.

[L]imey, you aren't missing much. My ram order from ZZF is still at processing two working days after I ordered it. Almost makes me think I messed up with my payment info or something, or perhaps ZZF is really this slow.

I guess that would make me even more pissed off LOL. Thanks Snuggly.

Hah, my 5850 just shipped, so yours must be on the way as well :)

LOL I JUST looked at my email, and there it was. Coming from Reno, should arrive tomorrow... now have to get the day off work so I can be here to sign for it.

Mine has shipped as well. I wonder what time FedEx comes here, hopefully not too early. I'm going to rush home after my morning class, hopefully they don't come before that.

Boss told me I could telecommute tomorrow so i can be here for fed ex. Love my job :)

I haven't seen the XFX 5850 listed for days at newegg, but the other cards sell out almost immediately.

I snagged an xfx one from the egg and it arrived today! I cant wait to put it in my new h50 cooled i7 on my 28" Hanns G! I'm finally in gamer heaven!

I pre-ordered the XFX one on Amazon and it hasn't shipped. Been at least a week or so.

Torn between waiting for it (no tax, free shipping) or camping Newegg (would like to have it before Borderlands comes out).

Got my 5850 LOVE IT!!!! Make sure you spend the money to upgrade your PSU otherwise you wont know the full potential of the beast.

I pre-ordered the XFX one on Amazon and it hasn't shipped. Been at least a week or so.

Torn between waiting for it (no tax, free shipping) or camping Newegg (would like to have it before Borderlands comes out).

I preordered XFX 5850 from Amazon on the 30th and it shipped on the 7th so Amazon is getting them in.

The only problem is that it refuses to show up on POST with Gigabyte ep45-ud3r when cold booting. I have to reset before it shows up.

I preordered XFX 5850 from Amazon on the 30th and it shipped on the 7th so Amazon is getting them in.

The only problem is that it refuses to show up on POST with Gigabyte ep45-ud3r when cold booting. I have to reset before it shows up.

got sick of camping and hunting, at least i've locked in the retail price at amazon, if i find anything cheaper i will cancel the preorder. :)

Back