5850/5870 deals at super biiz

groebuck

2[H]4U
Gigabyte 5850 or 5870 - Bing cashback is 5% use coupon code HAUNT10 for an additonal 10 off -

5850 234.80 after coupon + 5% bing CB = 223.06

5870 369.99 after coupon + 5% bing CB = 350.99

http://www.ewiz.com/

Should read powercolor for the 5850 and checking the site - shipping kills the deal 12 for ups ground?? lol

sweet! I bought a 5870! I've been looking for a deal like this. Everyone was jacking up the prices on their cards to $400+.

Last edited:
Got a 5850 ordered, still shows Order Processing so hopefully they don't have any stock issues.

And FYI, the Powercolor 5850 just got jacked up to $288. Guess they got a lot of orders :/

Here's the only 5850 they have in stock, the Powercolor, but like I said earlier, that deal isn't so hot anymore now that it's been upped to $288.

Still decent if you're getting tired of waiting for it to show up a Newegg I guess, the HAUNT10 code basically gives you free shipping.

(PS, forgot to say in my earlier post, Thanks OP! Been looking for awhile for a 5850.)

i bit on the gigabyte 5870. reputable brand at the regular price for a 5870, free shipping, the coupon and bing made this a no-brainer :D

But were are these so called "Gigabyte 5850" ?

They don't even have those listed.

Original poster corrected himself in his second post. There's no Gigabyte 5850, only a Powercolor (that's In Stock at least). "Gigabyte" refers to the 5870.

FYI CA residents a 5850 from newegg will run you $290 after everythings all said and done

I might bite. How reliable are the PowerColor? Just a one year warranty kinda sours the deal.

Power Color is good shit. been around since before most of the manufactures out there.

I might bite. How reliable are the PowerColor? Just a one year warranty kinda sours the deal.

It is 2 years but i would get a GA or MSI they don't require you to hold the invoice or make you go through hoops. Of course XFX would be my first choice but those cards are elussive.

Gigabyte 5850 or 5870 - Bing cashback is 5% use coupon code HAUNT10 for an additonal 10 off -

5850 234.80 after coupon + 5% bing CB = 223.06

5870 369.99 after coupon + 5% bing CB = 350.99

http://www.ewiz.com/

I ordered the Gigabyte 5870 which they showed as in stock. I got an email from them about an hour later that said they were out of stock and didn't expect any more in until early November.

Don't bother with this unless you expect to wait. I bit on this deal on Friday when it was $244. Order as been on processing since. Just got off the phone with customer Rep and she indicated that they don't have the item in stock and have no ETA on when they will be in stock.

Drives me crazy when companies do this. Don't sell products you don't have in stock.

Don't bother with this unless you expect to wait. I bit on this deal on Friday when it was $244. Order as been on processing since. Just got off the phone with customer Rep and she indicated that they don't have the item in stock and have no ETA on when they will be in stock.

Drives me crazy when companies do this. Don't sell products you don't have in stock.

Damn, I was seriously going to buy, But if they're going pull a Dell (list low price and delay delivery until you cancel) on me then I rather not bother.

Just got this e-mail response.

"Dear Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that the item you ordered, PowerColor PCI-Express Video Card with part number PC-5850, is currently out of stock due to an unanticipated manufacturer shortage. At this time we do not have an exact time of arrival for this item, but we are hoping for a new shipment in 2-4 weeks.

Please let us know if you will wait for the item to come back in stock or if you would like to cancel the order. Your order will be placed on hold until we receive further instructions. Please contact us at 408-934-2500 or respond to this email with your decision.

Best Regards,

SuperBiiz Customer Care"

So lame.

If the item is not available then why do they still list it on their WEB site but at a higher price? :confused:

I've ordered 5870's from 2 places (Superbiiz, and Mwave) that showed them in stock only to get cancelled the next day. I'm hoping we'll see more very soon....

Prices jacked up on both the 5850 and 5870 now and all OOS.

Blah... dead deal basically. Rats.

Great. How come these guys "ewiz" always do this? Bait and switch in many forms. This is the third time they offer a deal, claiming they have stock only to cancel it on me.I read many times before about them misadvertising shit that I didn't jump on as well. I got in on that deal pretty much minutes after the guy whome listed here posted. Wonder if anyone got the deal or it was a flat out deception from the beginning.

Well, I learned my lesson. ewiz is going on the do not ever buy from again list for me. Seems a hit....usually miss process with them. I don't care what deals they offer, since I know it is just bait for them to tie my $$ up as they send me yet another email proclaiming they are too stupid to know their own inventory. What they get out of that, I don't know, but they seem to like to do it on a regular basis to me and from what I read here and other places, everyone else.

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry to inform you that we have to cancel your recent PC-5850 PowerColor PCI-Express Video Card order. We had an unanticipated sales increase for this item over the weekend which depleted our entire stock on-hand and we do not have an estimated time of arrival for our next shipment due to severe manufacturer shortage.

Regretfully yours,

SuperBiiz Customer Care

Great. How come these guys "ewiz" always do this? Bait and switch in many forms. This is the third time they offer a deal, claiming they have stock only to cancel it on me.I read many times before about them misadvertising shit that I didn't jump on as well. I got in on that deal pretty much minutes after the guy whome listed here posted. Wonder if anyone got the deal or it was a flat out deception from the beginning.

Well, I learned my lesson. ewiz is going on the do not ever buy from again list for me. Seems a hit....usually miss process with them. I don't care what deals they offer, since I know it is just bait for them to tie my $$ up as they send me yet another email proclaiming they are too stupid to know their own inventory. What they get out of that, I don't know, but they seem to like to do it on a regular basis to me and from what I read here and other places, everyone else.

The worst part about this is that they jacked up the price and continued to take orders after people had ordered with a lower price.

i had this happen to me on a hd projector. waited nearly 3 months for it... the problem is these retailers get promised by manufacturers time windows when things will ship. they get told "2 or 3 weeks" and so 2 or 3 weeks later they list the items for sale. then, the manufacturer delays and they dont have anyone to answer to so they dont care. in the end, the customer is the one really burned but it doesnt matter because theyre just the bottom feeders.

i had this happen to me on a hd projector. waited nearly 3 months for it... the problem is these retailers get promised by manufacturers time windows when things will ship. they get told "2 or 3 weeks" and so 2 or 3 weeks later they list the items for sale. then, the manufacturer delays and they dont have anyone to answer to so they dont care. in the end, the customer is the one really burned but it doesnt matter because theyre just the bottom feeders.

You know how some retailers get around that? They sell stuff they have stock on, not stuff that they expect to have stock on. How does newegg do it? I have ordered 50+ times from them, I have never gotten a "sorry, we don't have stock of the item" email from them. How about Provantage? They have stuff they list as in stock and show you how many, they have stuff they list as "special order" as in, they don't have stock, but have some on the way from the manufacturer, but you can place an order now.

ewiz, they do this "oh...we didn't really have stock"...."oh, we mis-labeled the price" shit regularly. H should have a shit list for retailers and ewiz should come with a warning for all of us stickied at the top of this page because obviously their bussiness practice is less then honest.

You know how some retailers get around that? They sell stuff they have stock on, not stuff that they expect to have stock on. How does newegg do it? I have ordered 50+ times from them, I have never gotten a "sorry, we don't have stock of the item" email from them.

Just as a further example, the PowerColor 5850's were in stock in NewEgg for a few minutes this morning. I had one in my cart and spent a couple minutes looking for something else to add, and when I went to checkout there was a notice in my shopping cart saying they had to remove it because they ran out of stock. They wouldn't even let me order an out of stock item when I already had it in my cart.

Seriously, all these stores should be taking notes.

I got my 4890 from ewiz. Got to me within a week. MSI has still not sent me my rebate though. Card is fantastic though.

Just as a further example, the PowerColor 5850's were in stock in NewEgg for a few minutes this morning. I had one in my cart and spent a couple minutes looking for something else to add, and when I went to checkout there was a notice in my shopping cart saying they had to remove it because they ran out of stock. They wouldn't even let me order an out of stock item when I already had it in my cart.

Seriously, all these stores should be taking notes.

Yep... there's really no excuse for not having real-time stock status on a many-million-dollar company nowadays: the systems are not that expensive and they do wonders for customer service & customer satisfaction. Software support is very simple, the hardware can be done with simple internal barcode systems & handheld scanners, etc.

Retailers like this and RipBoomLie (ZZF) however know they can milk extra cash by selling things not in-stock, so like Monarch Computer used to do they float orders hoping some stay and they use the rest as free loans.

screw these people. I sent them this email.

I am just emailing you to express my disgust with these sorts of business tactics.

If the item would have honestly ran out of stock then I wouldn’t have a problem. But shortly after the “HAUNT10” promotional deal stopped you jacked up the price and continued to take orders, and then sent me this email which leads me to believe you shipped the cards you had to the people who bought it at the higher price. AKA bait and switch. I understand you are a business and I understand you need to turn a profit, but there is a difference between that and using dishonest tactics that waste people’s time. It’s very clear to me you never intended to sell this card to anyone at that price. I am glad you refunded my money, and I am just writing to inform you that I will never again purchase anything from superbizz.com and I will give you a bad recommendation to anyone who asks.

-Jon

Yep... there's really no excuse for not having real-time stock status on a many-million-dollar company nowadays: the systems are not that expensive and they do wonders for customer service & customer satisfaction. Software support is very simple, the hardware can be done with simple internal barcode systems & handheld scanners, etc.

Retailers like this and RipBoomLie (ZZF) however know they can milk extra cash by selling things not in-stock, so like Monarch Computer used to do they float orders hoping some stay and they use the rest as free loans.

Ugh, he had it in his cart. He hadn't bought the darn thing yet. Someone else bought the card. The system notified him that stock was out. Hmm, doesn't that sound like upto date stock status? WTF, are they supposed to reserve any stock you put into yore cart until you buy it?

It's a friggen HOT video card right now, you see it, you want it, buy it before its gone. Geez.

Ugh, he had it in his cart. He hadn't bought the darn thing yet. Someone else bought the card. The system notified him that stock was out. Hmm, doesn't that sound like upto date stock status? WTF, are they supposed to reserve any stock you put into yore cart until you buy it?

It's a friggen HOT video card right now, you see it, you want it, buy it before its gone. Geez.

I think you misread my post: I'm referring to that kind of real-time stock being a GOOD thing, and that companies have no real excuse for not having accurate stock tracking nowadays. RipBoomLie does not, and eWiz from the sound of it sells more than they have and does not stop you from ordering if it went out of stock while you were in the process of ordering, instead leaving you to find out unhappily later that your order was never actually going to be shipped soon.

I went ahead and orderd two of these at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q4U5EY/ref=ox_ya_os_product

They do not have stock....no one has stock. It is not a time crunch for me to have the cards. No build is waiting on, more of an upgrade on a currently running system and it's not even my main. Ordered stuff from Amazon before where they didn't have stock and gave fair warning upfront that I was "pre-ordering". The stuff was mailed to me pretty much same day or before every other place...including Amazon started showing stock. So hopefully when someone here goes..."quick, Amazon has stock...order now!" My 2 XFX 5850 will alredy be mailed out.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I went ahead and orderd two of these at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002Q4U5EY/ref=ox_ya_os_product

They do not have stock....no one has stock. It is not a time crunch for me to have the cards. No build is waiting on, more of an upgrade on a currently running system and it's not even my main. Ordered stuff from Amazon before where they didn't have stock and gave fair warning upfront that I was "pre-ordering". The stuff was mailed to me pretty much same day or before every other place...including Amazon started showing stock. So hopefully when someone here goes..."quick, Amazon has stock...order now!" My 2 XFX 5850 will alredy be mailed out.

I did the same thing as you, ordered the XFX 5850 from Amazon with no tax or shipping so we're getting it for a straight $259.99 OTD. I would like to get my 5850 ASAP, so at the same time I have this on pre order, I'll continue to look and see if I can get the 5850 elsewhere for a similar price. (I doubt it)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
bizz pulled this crap on the 4870 when it first came out. Bait and switch IF they have anything to sell..
That place is FAIL

they are worse now then they wiz days....I think the wizz was what they did to the customers.

So, I get the e-mail from ewiz yesterday asking if I want to keep my order open. I responded back to the e-mail to keep the order open and ship when they are back in stock.

I checked online status of the order today...they canceled the order. I proceed to call customer service for an explanation. I get a ummm errrrr we canceled it because we did want you to wait. Huh? On top of that they charged my credit card.

Bottom line I won't ever do business with ewiz again.

if people are that worried about stock status and shipping, i wonder why they are digging for the lowest price possible...

if people are that worried about stock status and shipping, i wonder why they are digging for the lowest price possible...

Huh? What are you implying? I was shedding some light on ewiz's business practices. When did I state I was worried about stock status and shipping?

So, I get the e-mail from ewiz yesterday asking if I want to keep my order open. I responded back to the e-mail to keep the order open and ship when they are back in stock.

I checked online status of the order today...they canceled the order. I proceed to call customer service for an explanation. I get a ummm errrrr we canceled it because we did want you to wait. Huh? On top of that they charged my credit card.

Bottom line I won't ever do business with ewiz again.

They sent me an Out of Stock email yesterday I told them I would cancel it on the website, which I did.

I guess I better check and make sure they didn't charge my card...

These guys have a pretty good rating on resellerratings.com. I wonder how, as this does seem they were trying to sell cards they did not have by making it look like they had stock.

Back