5800X at Microcenter for $200 + $25 coupon for new customers

https://www.microcenter.com/product...ore-am4-boxed-processor-heatsink-not-included

25+ in stock at Fairfax store.

1667589926617.png

The price is insane, I’m really contemplating but I am on a 5 year old X370. So I will miss out on PCIE4 and a few other goodies.

What's the best way to create phone numbers that aren't voip and will work with is. Used mine and the old lady's numbers on prior deals.

Don't sleep on this. Once 5800x's are gone, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass
Absolutely. That system even with a x370 would rip. Benchmarks show there isn't much difference between x370 and x570. Mem speeds matter a little but you'd get a huge boost.

Pcie bandwidth will matter in a couple gpu gens.
When Pcie 4.0 gets saturated, and Pcie 5.0 is a must, that’ll be where I start my next build.

If they would just build one in Orlando, I'd drive the 2 hours to get to it. Nearest one is 6-7 hours away in Atlanta :(

Absolutely. That system even with a x370 would rip. Benchmarks show there isn't much difference between x370 and x570. Mem speeds matter a little but you'd get a huge boost.
I agree, but my 3700x is going strong. I will be doing a full rebuild once zen 5 drops hopefully the 3d version. So I am weighing if dropping another $200 on a 5 year old build is worth it as it will be replaced no matter what.

Great CPU, and it can be overclocked unlike the x3d

Even a golden-sample 5800X with a world-record overclock isn't going to compete with a 5800X3D in games. The 5800X3D is the only Zen3 chip that can go toe-to-toe with Zen4 and Intel 13-series in most gaming benchmarks. So if you truly want to get the most out of your AM4 platform, there is really only one chip that you should consider. If you are working within an ultra-tight budget then the 5800X, or even the 5700X, are both fine chips.

I agree, but my 3700x is going strong. I will be doing a full rebuild once zen 5 drops hopefully the 3d version. So I am weighing if dropping another $200 on a 5 year old build is worth it as it will be replaced no matter what.
Ah, I assumed based on your sig that you are running a 1700. 1700 -> 5800X is a huge jump, but probably not worth it if you already have a 3700x.

Even a golden-sample 5800X with a world-record overclock isn't going to compete with a 5800X3D in games. The 5800X3D is the only Zen3 chip that can go toe-to-toe with Zen4 and Intel 13-series in most gaming benchmarks. So if you truly want to get the most out of your AM4 platform, there is really only one chip that you should consider. If you are working within an ultra-tight budget then the 5800X, or even the 5700X, are both fine chips.
What I’m saying.
Just spend on the 3d once instead of cpu creeping away $

The cautiously gpu upgrade until bandwidth truly is constrained by the platform.

Maybe work the $ you’d would burn on incremental cpu or gpu upgrades on a truly nice panel.

Ah, I assumed based on your sig that you are running a 1700. 1700 -> 5800X is a huge jump, but probably not worth it if you already have a 3700x.
Yea got to update it. Now to remember how to do that.

My original plan was to go straight to 5800x but back in 2020 AMD was BSing on X370 getting the bios update so just got a 3700x on sale.

Yea got to update it. Now to remember how to do that.

My original plan was to go straight to 5800x but back in 2020 AMD was BSing on X370 getting the bios update so just got a 3700x on sale.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. I congratulate everyone who held on, but for a long time, the BIOS situation for upgrades was looking bleak. Wasn't the excuse at the time EEPROM space so they could only support so many processors or some other BS?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. I congratulate everyone who held on, but for a long time, the BIOS situation for upgrades was looking bleak. Wasn't the excuse at the time EEPROM space so they could only support so many processors or some other BS?
Yea it was pure BS. I think it was to force more 570 adoption. Either way I have been happy with the MB I am just worried about it dying as all my others have last 4 years or less.

Sure, we all know its the king for gaming. But for everything else other than games, clock speed wins. Depends what you're planning to do with it. For only $200 it's a bargain.

Back