570X vs View 31

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
I'm going to swap my H440 for something with more wow effect, so after endless browsing of all the cases, I've narrowed my search to two things

1) Corsair 570X
2) Thermaltake View 31 RGB TG.

View looks iMO better, has more space, though for the RGB fully function with 240 radiator in front, I'd have to buy new Riing RGB fans. Also would be no issues to mount the pump/res combo between front rad and motherboard.

Corsair might have better build quality than Thermaltake, but from what I've seen it has much less space to work with, and might have a problem to mount the pump/res.

Thanks guys. Ordered view 31 and to save a bit on Riing RGB fans - I bought the Phanteks Halo RGB frames for my Vardar radiator fans. I'm thinking of something possibly stupid - to keep those 2 140 RGB TT fans in front as sort of "push" and then, to mount 240 rad from the other side :) will see how it works, when my case arrives on Wednesday

I switched from a 570x to a Thermaltake View 71. The 570x is definitely more "solid" but the View 71 gets the job done as well just fine. Neither one of them are Lian-Li cases, and I appreciate the huge amount of additional flexibility the View 71 gives me over the oddly half-baked 570x design. Also, I'm not paying for extra RGB fans I don't want--well, sort of, because the View 71 at minimum comes with 2 blue fans, but it's still cheaper than the 570x.

I had one annoying stripped screw on the View 71, and the sheet metal in places is pretty thin, but it feels like I got what I paid for and I'm happy with it.

I would hugely, eagerly await a Corsair 590x case that addresses all the short-cuts taken on the 570x, like adding a PSU shroud cover, allowing a 280mm rad on the top, and maybe HD120 fans in the front as an option (or no fans at all).

Went with 31. I'm quite happy with it - really lots of space. It could easily house 2x360 rads and pair of my 240s feel like home. No problem with pump placement either - screwed it easily to the floor

Issues? 1) glass panel on backside. Luckily it stands near desk wall, so I don't have to worry about showing cable mess there :)

Strange ssd/HDD placement on the back. Had to bend a small metal thingie to put pair of ssd so I could use single power cable from PSU. Also if you use three disks, you need to use 2 power cables - one won't reach all three spots.

Also those rgb fans are strange. At low voltages/rpm from mobo the lights won't show - I have to run fan calibration on my gigabyte board every time I power PC. Other solution is to put them through molex, but I want PWM and having them controlled by my motherboard.

Despite those things it's a lovely, well designed case.

Attachments

• 20171006_001156.jpg
    20171006_001156.jpg
    532.2 KB · Views: 54
Also those rgb fans are strange. At low voltages/rpm from mobo the lights won't show - I have to run fan calibration on my gigabyte board every time I power PC. Other solution is to put them through molex, but I want PWM and having them controlled by my motherboard.

Despite those things it's a lovely, well designed case.

I have a bunch of molex and SATA powered PWM splitters, the signal comes from the motherboard to control the fan and the power comes from the PSU. Had to get them for a similar type of LED fan.

Here is just a quick example of one of the types I have: https://www.amazon.com/Swiftech-8W-PWM-SPL-ST-Way-PWM-Splitter-Sata/dp/B00IF6R4C8

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm going to swap my H440 for something with more wow effect, so after endless browsing of all the cases, I've narrowed my search to two things

1) Corsair 570X
2) Thermaltake View 31 RGB TG.

View looks iMO better, has more space, though for the RGB fully function with 240 radiator in front, I'd have to buy new Riing RGB fans. Also would be no issues to mount the pump/res combo between front rad and motherboard.

Corsair might have better build quality than Thermaltake, but from what I've seen it has much less space to work with, and might have a problem to mount the pump/res.
I've heard tell that there's a second generation Riing fan available now that's legit RGB like everything else, but the original Riing fans are not. They have five-pin connectors, and use these little fan controller things to control the color. I think they're supposed to remember what color they're set to when you turn the system off, but this function is very flaky, and one of the controllers I have just flat doesn't remember, and reverts back to disco show mode every time.

I have them installed in a Core P5, so it's not that hard to just reach in there and push the mode button, but it'd be a pain in the neck if they were in a case. If I didn't like the way they look so much, I'd consider replacing them with more standard RGB fans, especially if I had a motherboard that had an integral controller.

I'll be keeping the original fans for a bit. Those RGB fans, bought separately have crazy prices and would spend more than I paid for the case on them.

I even left those front 2x 140 fans and screwed my front rads under them, while keeping the 2x120s in behind the rad.

Back