5700xt flicker, wattman sucks, etc..

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Is anyone else's 5700 or xt flickering on the windows desktop?

Wattman is anemic as fark for this card. Cant modify states of power and cant manually turn off the setting that keeps the card from dropping to 6mhz on windows desktop.

I have seen screenshots, youtube videos, etc... of people changing the super low power state to something a little higher and flickering is solved. Not this card or software at least. Bout to return the son of a bitch.

I'm sick of it flickering. How have you guys solved the flickering issues if you have them.

Brand new install of windows 10 and running 3900x x570 board.

Have you tried connecting just 1? Maybe a reboot is in order after unplugging one.

Mine won't be here until Monday since AMD apparently didn't ship it until Tuesday (despite me ordering the minute they went live on AMD.COM) via packmule from MN to Oregon.

Hopefully AMD is going to push out a new driver later today or this weekend. I'm 100% sure they are going to be pushing as many as they can.

I hope your issue get resolved. Sounds like ULPS is dropping the Core clock too low. I used to disable this back in my xfire 7950/290 days but with Vega it wasn't an issue that I remember.

I did hate that damn lag issue thst was caused by multiple displays connected but with only one on it would cause system lag. They would fix it and then break it in the next release. I skipped all of 18.7.x until 18.10.2 or something due to that issue.

Mine won't be here until Monday since AMD apparently didn't ship it until Tuesday (despite me ordering the minute they went live on AMD.COM) via packmule from MN to Oregon.

Hopefully AMD is going to push out a new driver later today or this weekend. I'm 100% sure they are going to be pushing as many as they can.

I hope your issue get resolved. Sounds like ULPS is dropping the Core clock too low. I used to disable this back in my xfire 7950/290 days but with Vega it wasn't an issue that I remember.

I did hate that damn lag issue thst was caused by multiple displays connected but with only one on it would cause system lag. They would fix it and then break it in the next release. I skipped all of 18.7.x until 18.10.2 or something due to that issue.

I think 6mhz core is way to low for even 2d windows desktop. Its flickering as its changing power modes. Ulps wont even disable in registry. It's hard set and wattman is ANEMIC af compared to the rx cards. Its like AMD rushed the drivers for launch day. I hope they include far more power control in wattman in next driver package.

I'll have to hook up my freesync display and see if it resolves. I just didnt feel like.playing musical chairs with my monitors right now. But I might have too.

ahem I was using afterburner to monitor stuff. Now I will not use it. Maybe that will solve the issue.
need to wait for an AB update and im sure AMD is on it with the drivers, might take a couple updates to work out the kinks though...

edit: there is a 19.7.1 optional, are you on that one?

Last edited:
Yeah, I had the same black flicker problem. It was Afterburner.

I'm using Wattman and the AMD overlay now and that works fine.

need to wait for an AB update and im sure AMD is on it with the drivers, might take a couple updates to work out the kinks though...

edit: there is a 19.7.1 optional, are you on that one?
yes using that version

wattman for Navi still sucks (for now)

Back