57ºC on Idle help going extreme

EvilNando

Limp Gawd
Im using a QX6700 at 3.2ghz

but temps are driving me mad.. so my question is:

will a phase change cooler like the VapoChill help me out?

what are your recommendation of phasecooler brands and finally .. do you know a good guide on how to keep the cpu free of condesation?

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but I think a vapochill will get you into the negative.

It took me a bit of time to find a phase change capable of keeping up with the 200W of heat output from a QX6700 running on the limit. Ive heard of people frying their phase change kit with the quad core CPUs. I went for Prometia Quad Killer, as far as i know not many others can cope. It idles at around -40degC, and fully loaded its around -29degC.

It would kill a vapo quickly. If you want a phase unit, head over to XS and go to the cooling section, PM one of the mains guys in the phase change section. You will have to get a custom built one to handle a quad. You will be looking at $800 to cool 300w's at -30 or colder.

It would kill a vapo quickly. If you want a phase unit, head over to XS and go to the cooling section, PM one of the mains guys in the phase change section. You will have to get a custom built one to handle a quad. You will be looking at $800 to cool 300w's at -30 or colder.

Why go to XS when the motherload of information on extreme cooling is here. Use the search function. :)

wait what cooler are you using? stock? I think there's less extreme things that would help you out.

Even something like a higher-end air cooling solution would drop your temps.

the tuniq tower on my q6600 g0 oc'ed to 3.2ghz keeps it at 61C under load (in my Antec 900 case)

well the vapochill Lightspeed aint to good for quad and seriouse overclocking from stock,
i've got the vapochill like a year ago and just had it modified for quad usage.

from stock when we tested it at 230W heatload it held it at -20 for about 3-4 minutes but then it rose to +10 degrees and we shut it off. (well the guy that modified it did). after modifications it holds 230W at -26 for hours.

Back