56k Voice Modem Windows 10

kensiko

Limp Gawd
I've had my answering machine on my computer for 20 years for my landline phone.

Now I'm not able to find a good voice modem anymore. The one that I had (PciE 1x) only has a Win8 driver and it was preventing me from upgrading Win10 to 20H9. I've removed it and plugged back a USB modem (Zoom) that we can't hear much what people say in the message.

My wife likes the computer answering machine instead of a standalone one, so I'm looking for solutions, othewize I'll have to have another computer running Win7 or 8 just for that.

Try webmin with the voicemail module (uses vgetty)? Might need to find a good serial modem. https://doxfer.webmin.com/Webmin/Voicemail_Server

Could use any distro with vgetty, but that was the first I found with something somewhat made to use. You could setup a rpi or small apu system with a serial modem and you should be set.

Which PCI-e 1x modem? I have one I pulled from a eMachine years ago it works on Windows 10 20H2 I use PhoneTray for many years now (with an expired "shareware" notice on every launch LoL) I also have a small USB modem Zoom I think? I only use it for the Caller ID popup so I never used the voice part
Does anyone know a better program that is free?

Back