5650M and modern games.

Stardusted

Limp Gawd
How much workload could this one handle? You think it would be able to play crysis 3 at low/medium?

Also, how is the performance in other not so state of the art titles?

Anybody who knows -preferably first hand- how it performs?

Not very well. I used it mostly for World of Warcraft during Cataclysm but tried to run the single player campaign for BF3 and it couldn't cut it on low at >30fps @ 1600x900. For steam games and older games it was ok on medium ish settings, but its still a very underpowered card. It wasn't much of a step up from the Intel HD4000 that I got in my next notebook.

Some of that might be the cpu too though, it was an AMD triple core and wasn't helping the situation. There aren't many benchmarks out there

Grab MSI Afterburner and overclock the snot out of it. I have a 6550M (also 400 shaders) that I overclock from 600->780MHz core and I can play BF3 multiplayer, GW2, and other games at medium-high settings and good FPS (40-60). BF3 was more limited by my dual core than anything (which I also ended up overclocking).

Grab MSI Afterburner and overclock the snot out of it. I have a 6550M (also 400 shaders) that I overclock from 600->780MHz core and I can play BF3 multiplayer, GW2, and other games at medium-high settings and good FPS (40-60). BF3 was more limited by my dual core than anything (which I also ended up overclocking).

I wouldnt recommend overclocking on a laptop due to overheating

Back