560Ti 2GB - EVGA or MSI

lukx

Limp Gawd
Last edited:
The MSI will cooler and quieter for the most part. If you do multi cards the blower style cooling like on the evga typically works better in more confined spaces. But if you're doing only one card I'd probably choose the MSI card.

EDIT: I was looking at the wrong EVGA card, I would choose the MSI card over the EVGA.

Last edited:
Yep I read that with SLI I might have problems with MSI... hmm...

Msi has the better cooler but will dump more heat in your case.

I like my MSI, it does 1GHz easily for DX9 games 65 max temps I'd say.

For DX11 I have to clock it down some to keep temps/stability. Loves to go in the mid 80's.

294gq6o.png

vfwgf7.png

I just make 2 profiles in Afterburner one for DX9 games and one for DX 11 games.

ieq8h0.png

21lqu13.png

Pleased with my EVGA 2gig. Stock cooler is a little loud at 90% duty cycle (full load), but wtf do you expect from a single fan! Keeps temps around 70-75 max gaming. These clocks are rock solid for hours in every recent dx9 game and bench, but bf3 multiplayer and batman AC dx11 prefer a little less core speed also...havent tried anything above 1.125v yet.

52560ti1000core.jpg

PS2 emulator can need alot of graphics card memory, depends on how much you want to upscale the resolution in the PS2. 1920x1080p internal in GT3 goes 1.5GB-a bit under 2.0GB.

1798MB in this pic.

2qc01.png

imo, MSI wins in everything except the warranty.
MSI uses high-grade components that don't wear out, so you'll be good for OCing.

Also, the cooler will keep the GPU at much lower temps than the EVGA will.

There's a BIOS update for MSI cards that improves DX11 stability. It helped with my Battlefield 3 artifacts, but I still get corrupted colours on the US Assault dude and RU Engineer dude with the spec ops black camouflage.

My MSI 560 Ti was faulty, I got it RMA'd and had it back the same week (Australian repair centre in the same state), no questions asked, no pointless troubleshooting.

In a system without adequate PCI-E spacing the bottom MSI card will kill the top one unless you use water. Blower fans with rear intakes are much better for those kinds of setups. I have 2 MSI 560 Ti's with the Twin Frozr II and I can't SLI them, the top car runs over 100C under load in SLI and eventually throttles (but hey throttling is better than exploding).

Back