5600x max PBO boost lock.

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know why AMD has locked the maximum PBO boost to 5600x with AGESA 1.2.0.0 and the same with 1.2.0.1?

I mean, if I flash with these BIOSes, my maximum boost can't exceed 4850MHz never mind what settings I choose in the BIOS.

I asked in the AMD community site but still no answer :(

I know that I am not only one that have this problem.

Capture2.PNG

What maximum PBO boost lock?

i'm on Agesa 1.2.0.0 now and with PBO2 + 200mhz + CO

i'm doing 5.05Ghz Single core boost stock on the 5800X is 4.85Ghz.

If I flash with new BIOS higher than current I can't reach more than 4850MHz never mind what settings in BIOS I use.

I know a few people that experience the same problem as me on different motherboards.

Asus answer me that the CPU (5600x) work within AMD specifications 4600+200 PBO so everything is OK for them. And if AMD made any changes with AGESA they are not responsible for that.

So the problem is only with 5600x CPU.

I guess this is a "rich person" problem so to speak. I have bronze silicon on my 5600x and can barely do 4.6GHz without occasional BSOD.

How much CCX do you have in your 5600x one or two ?
You can check it in Ryzen Master.
This with 2 CCX it's possible to cannot go over 4.8GHz. Otherwise you can try the lastest BIOS with just auto voltage + PBO.

Or to try to lower your RAM speed to 3000Mhz because you use 4 sticks.
Or just to try with 2x8GB RAM.

At all, BSOD mean a problem.

And to be clear I talk about CPU PBO boost, not fixed clock by multiplier.

Yeah, I've tried everything. It's just not worth any more effort with silicon stretched almost to its limit at stock. I think at my current settings with PBO2 and tiny bit of curve, I get all-core boost in the 4.5GHz range with Cinebench. Best case scenario I keep fooling with it and get 8% more performance..sometimes. Not worth the time like old days of OC.

If the CPU do not work in it's specifications you can open a ticket and to try to RMA it maybe ?

Back