56 Steve Ballmer Photochops in Honor of His Retirement

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Since Steve Ballmer announced a well-received message of his upcoming retirement from Microsoft yesterday, it was high time to break out a number of his memorable and well-deserved photochops of how some perceived the soon-to-be Microsoft CEO :D

LOL! Whatever the issues with Ballmer what a long, amazing career and overall successful career he's had. While Ballmer has certainly made plenty of mistakes it is interesting that a CEO that has seen a tripling of revenue and a doubling of profit is seen as a failure by many.

And when you're worth $16 billion it doesn't matter. Money covers a multitude of sins, particularly ugly baldness.

Actually you have it backwards...it doesnt matter how rich you are. If youre an ugly ass, youre still an ugly ass.

What movie is this from?

ku-medium.jpg

LOL! Whatever the issues with Ballmer what a long, amazing career and overall successful career he's had. While Ballmer has certainly made plenty of mistakes it is interesting that a CEO that has seen a tripling of revenue and a doubling of profit is seen as a failure by many.

Short term gains at the cost of pissing off your customer base is the exact problem with pretty much all businesses today. Doubling profit today doesn't mean anything if you don't have any customers tomorrow. Companies need to stop pandering to the day traders and focus on actually having a future.

"Photochops"? Is that what they call it when people use MS Paint to copy and paste someone's face onto another picture because they have no idea how to use Photoshop?

Short term gains at the cost of pissing off your customer base is the exact problem with pretty much all businesses today. Doubling profit today doesn't mean anything if you don't have any customers tomorrow. Companies need to stop pandering to the day traders and focus on actually having a future.

In Ballmer's case it was doubling profit over 13 years, not exactly a short term thing. What good is a CEO if the company isn't growing and making money? Many people look at Ballmer and consider him a failure. If Microsoft's next CEO is there for 13 years doesn't more than triple revenue and double profit then he or she would be no better than the failure than many consider Ballmer to be.

In Ballmer's case it was doubling profit over 13 years, not exactly a short term thing. What good is a CEO if the company isn't growing and making money? Many people look at Ballmer and consider him a failure. If Microsoft's next CEO is there for 13 years doesn't more than triple revenue and double profit then he or she would be no better than the failure than many consider Ballmer to be.

Where on Earth do you get that revenue has tripled in the last 13 years? Hell. Microsoft's stock peaked at $60/share in 2000 and plummeted shortly thereafter to roughly where it is now, which is roughly where it has not moved from in the last 13 years.

[im]http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4baff4207f8b9ab529630200/microsoft-operating-profit.jpg[/img]

Where on Earth do you get that revenue has tripled in the last 13 years? Hell. Microsoft's stock peaked at $60/share in 2000 and plummeted shortly thereafter to roughly where it is now, which is roughly where it has not moved from in the last 13 years.

[im]http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4baff4207f8b9ab529630200/microsoft-operating-profit.jpg[/img]

You do realize that stock price is a totally different entity from revenue or profit? At any rate the facts are the facts and are here: http://www.microsoft.com/investor/SEC/default.aspx

In 2001, the first fiscal year of Ballmer's reign as CEO , Microsoft's SEC 10-K filing stated $25.2 billion in revenue $7.3 billion in net income. Their latest 10-K stated $77.8 billion in revenue $21.8 billion in net income.

When Ballmer took over Windows had 96% of the OS market. Now they are down to 35%. Android is number one, and iOS is also predicted to pass Windows next year.

Ballmer took over a company that was number one and had a lock on the OS and office market, and the market was growing. Almost anyone could have done at least as well as Ballmer.

When Ballmer took over Windows had 96% of the OS market. Now they are down to 35%. Android is number one, and iOS is also predicted to pass Windows next year.

Obviously mobile devices are at the heart of the biggest problem for Microsoft currently. That said to say that a bunch of cheap mobile devices are the same as much more powerful laptops or desktops isn't exactly an oranges to oranges comparison. Windows devices still are the heart and soul of productivity and generate vastly larger amounts of web traffic. And in one of Ballmer's smartest moves Microsoft is making billions now in the licensing agreements with most of the worlds major Android OEMs.

Ballmer took over a company that was number one and had a lock on the OS and office market, and the market was growing. Almost anyone could have done at least as well as Ballmer.

If Microsoft's next CEO is at the company for 13 and simply matched Ballmer's revenue and profit growth percentages he or she would need to leave with Microsoft with annual revenues of $233 billion and net profit around $73 billion. So Microsoft's current revenue would need to become is profit margin in 13 years just to match Ballmer's growth. Those numbers are mind boggling. It's very possible that Ballmer's stewardship of the company has made this kind of growth impossible but nonetheless it will be the least that's expected of the next leader.

It's the questionable decision and management of MS re: Surface, Xbox One, Windows 8, and I love Windows 8.

Probably he got comfortable and allowed crackpots to test out their ideas

I think they should have a chair tossing game at his retirement party. :D

Will be interesting to see where the new CEO takes the company though.

Bill Gates only left Microsoft in 2008? WTF?

I feel like I'm in this weird time vacuum every day.

I've never understood these CEO people who have millions and billions of dollars and keep working. I have a small company that is growing, if it's ever worth a couple million I'm selling it and retiring (hopefully sooner than later). there are way to many tropical beaches to see and roller coasters to ride and other amazing things to do in life.

I've never understood these CEO people who have millions and billions of dollars and keep working. I have a small company that is growing, if it's ever worth a couple million I'm selling it and retiring (hopefully sooner than later). there are way to many tropical beaches to see and roller coasters to ride and other amazing things to do in life.

Yeah same, the worse is when these people somehow end up blowing it all and going in the hole. How the hell do they do that?

If I landed my hands on a couple million I'd probably retire so I can enjoy life.

Back