fallguy

http://www.evga.com/support/downloads/default.asp

Edit, their list of fixes;

Corrects problems with custom Direct3D profiles
Corrects problems with custom OpenGL profiles
Corrects problems with the game Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness
Corrects problems with Dualview secondary montior support
Corrects OpenGL issues with 3D Paint 2001, Maya 5.0, and Studio Tools 11
Corrected problem with setup where users could see the error message "error loading nview.dll; access is denied"
Corrected texture corruption issues with RenderWare Studio
Corrected problems with Command and Conquer Generals
Corrected problems with Armies of eXigo
Corrected problems with Command and Conquer Zero Hour
Corrected system crash problem with Final Reality
Corrected problems with full screen spanning in Windows 2000
Corrected antialiasing issues in Flight Simulator 2004
Corrected font problems in Jedi Knight 2
Corrected performance issues with NASCAR 2003 Season
Corrected various rendering problems on Digital LCD monitors
Corrected problems with Big Mutha Truckers
Corrected performance issues with Splinter Cell
Corrected image problems with Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Corrected overclocking/auto overclocking through the control panel

hmm, I didn't know that you werent (or shouldn't) supposed to use the 53.03 drivers with a 5200 ultra (or non-ultra for that matter, I hope)

Originally posted by Merlin45
they have a performance bug with UT2K4 though.
That was UT2K3. :p When hothardware tested 56.56, they didn't find that problem under the conditions they tested (bottom of the page): http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/det55(2).shtml

The 56.57 drivers are already available at guru3d.com. I've tried 56.55 and 56.57, but neither seems to have any advantages over 53.03. The nvidia control panel is newer, nView is updated and there's performance monitoring available, but I haven't noticed anything much better or worse in games than 53.03.

Originally posted by pxc
That was UT2K3. :p When hothardware tested 56.56, they didn't find that problem under the conditions they tested (bottom of the page): http://www.hothardware.com/hh_files/S&V/det55(2).shtml

The 56.57 drivers are already available at guru3d.com. I've tried 56.55 and 56.57, but neither seems to have any advantages over 53.03. The nvidia control panel is newer, nView is updated and there's performance monitoring available, but I haven't noticed anything much better or worse in games than 53.03.

the performance bug in 56.56 is with UT2004, not UT2003

Originally posted by Brent
the performance bug in 56.56 is with UT2004, not UT2003
LOL. I walked into that one. Even the link I gave shows UT2004.

Thank you, sir. May I have another?! :eek:

Originally posted by zoltan
im confused. are these new drivers better or not?
IMO, no. But if you were waiting for a particular fix, it might be worth trying it out.

Originally posted by Brent
yes, but in other ways

our article on them will be posted soon

Gotta say, I LOVE the 'application detection' game profiles.

ATI has had game profiles for the last couple Cat releases, but I never used them on my 9800 because...well...they kinda sucked. It was not quiet as easy as nVidia makes it here, and you had to remember to right-click on your little ATI icon and select a new game profile.

Not so with the nVidia profiles in 56.56. When you add one, you browse to the application .exe you want to watch for. When the driver detects the application launching, it applies the settings for it automatically.

You want to turn off FSAA and Aniso for 3dMark03? Done! Alt-F4 it, and double-click on Planetside....*poof* 4xFSAA and 8xAniso. Close Planetside and hop over to Sub Command....*taddah* 8xFSAA and 8xAniso.

Also, being able to right-click on the desktop and get right into the display settings with one click (instead of having to wait forever for all the damn Windows display pages to pull up)....

I just LOVE these drivers!

(Oh, and they fix the textures in Sub Command that were broken by the 53.03s. Errr....anyone get FSAA working in 'Raven Shield', though? I think these drivers broke it, now it's doing the same thing ATI cards did. Still, I'm ecstatic with my new card - can't believe I was so blind for so long. nVidia drivers really are much, MUCH better - especially with older games! Hell, I can play Tribes 2 again!!!)

I like these drivers *shrug*. The custom profiles are cool, and my GF3 is chugging along ok with them.

Originally posted by Merlin45
they have a performance bug with UT2K4 though.

I don't see it. Everything works fine here, and the game profiles are very cool.

they are supposed to drop about 10 fps compared with 53.03 with the exact same IQ

I don't know about dropping FPS with the 56:56, I don't see a drop, but I'm not seeing an increase either.

However, the 56:56 WHQL driver is MUCH better than any other driver I've ever used. This is not a driver for benchmarking madness, this is a driver for game players.

Anyone that says this driver doesn't have the best IQ and user friendly settings over any other nvidia driver ever - along with all new utilities (like game settings etc.,) - doesn't understand how to adjust their driver settings to their system.

Once adjusted correctly to your system with whatever amount of IQ, auto-overclocking, or manual o/cing, vsynch level or game settings etc., mip-map settings and vibrance control settings for your monitor, that you choose, it's great. I have found this driver to have the best game performance and stability I have seen in over a year.

It is not the fastest, it is the best. Honestly. It shows great promise for even future modifications.

I never disputed that, I simply said that there is a bug with one program, where that doesn't apply. that bug is the reason that these weren't released by nvidia on their website.

Back