555 success!

GetFunk01

Gawd
Just to toss out a little good info. Got 3 555 Mbox c3 CPUS from a microcenter and all 3 unlocked all 4 cores and oc'd them to 3.9 @ 1.475-1.485 volts primed for 5 hours at 44c. Non would hold 4g up to 1.535. I wont go higher then that for 24.7 voltage. So 3.9 is very good. I did get them to post up to 4.5g. Havent tested to see if they are at least bench stable up that high yet though. These 555 c3's look to be a killer deal. BTW, im using Asus M4A79XTD EVO mobo with newest bios.

wow.. 3.9ghz is friggin awesome for an unlocked chip.. nice buy.. if the thiban x6's dont end up having a DDR2 IMC then i may grab one of those to replace my phenom II 940 since my current motherboard is starting to die due to the much higher wattage requirements.. either that or get a new motherboard.. not sure though..

nice oc man. its nice when things turn out better than you thought.i understand the excitement in unlocking cores.

That's awesome. A Phenom II Quad Core @ almost 4Ghz for only $104! That's crazy! When I get enough money, I want to build a system with either this chip (or the 550) or the Athlon II X4. I'm really tempted to get one of these because of the success of unlocking the fourth core (not to mention the great gaming performance), then again, if I buy the Athlon, I'm guaranteed 4 cores right off the bat.

These AMD chips are pure gold. I managed to get my 550 (which isn't as "good" as a 555) up to 3.4ghz on stock voltage with all 4 cores unlocked. I've been thinking about upping the voltage to shoot for that magic "4" but I'm not quite that ballsy yet.

Congrats on those chips, man. Stock they're great, but that performance for $104 is freakin sweet.

Just to toss out a little good info. Got 3 555 Mbox c3 CPUS from a microcenter and all 3 unlocked all 4 cores and oc'd them to 3.9 @ 1.475-1.485 volts primed for 5 hours at 44c. Non would hold 4g up to 1.535. I wont go higher then that for 24.7 voltage. So 3.9 is very good. I did get them to post up to 4.5g. Havent tested to see if they are at least bench stable up that high yet though. These 555 c3's look to be a killer deal. BTW, im using Asus M4A79XTD EVO mobo with newest bios.

What stepping and date codes

Back