55" LG EC9300 OLED $1499 at Fry's

Yeah, I'm going OLED on the next TV for sure.

SOOOO TEMPTING

My Kuro still kicks ass, but I've craved an OLED TV since like 5 years ago when sony teased us with that 20in oled screen.

Doesnt help that I am currently at work which is a 10min walk to frys, and my tax return is sitting in my account :p

MUST...RESIST!!!

I wish I had a frys or a microcenter here in Florida, I would be all over this.

I'd buy two if a frys was local. You people are crazy, very hot deal.

After reading reviews I think I'll wait for black Friday. Might as well go for a high end model if I'm going to use it for 5+ years

Best Buy was closer, but wouldn't price match the local Fry's, so I drove 20 miles extra and bought mine from Fry's in Tempe yesterday.

Personally I prefer this OLED TV over most of the 4K TV's out there, the quality of the image is much better IMO. At $1499 out the door (they paid for sales tax as well) for a curved 55" OLED TV, it's too [H]ot to pass up.

Even if I end up getting a 4K OLED down the road, it just means I get a kickass TV in my bedroom. Works for me!

Best Buy was closer, but wouldn't price match the local Fry's, so I drove 20 miles extra and bought mine from Fry's in Tempe yesterday.

Personally I prefer this OLED TV over most of the 4K TV's out there, the quality of the image is much better IMO. At $1499 out the door (they paid for sales tax as well) for a curved 55" OLED TV, it's too [H]ot to pass up.

Even if I end up getting a 4K OLED down the road, it just means I get a kickass TV in my bedroom. Works for me!

Congrats on the purchase :)

Similar thoughts here. This OLED looked better than any 4K LCD I've seen, and I sit 7-8ft away, so the 1080p res is not an issue for me.

Honestly I would be fine with this being my last TV, it's that good. I bought it at $2K and do not regret it. I may go 4K at some point but if I do it'll be with a very large set, like 75". It'll probably take 4-5 years before OLED gets affordable in that size anyway.

No Fry's or Best Buy near me with any in stock.

Sad I couldn't go see one in person. :(

Relieved I didn't have to make a new, on the spot, purchase decision. :p

I'm with those who will choose OLED over 4K for their next TV. In fact, I'm much more interested in 4K for my next monitor.

No Fry's or Best Buy near me with any in stock.

Sad I couldn't go see one in person. :(

Relieved I didn't have to make a new, on the spot, purchase decision. :p

I'm with those who will choose OLED over 4K for their next TV. In fact, I'm much more interested in 4K for my next monitor.

Why not go 4K OLED? Granted LG just released them and they will be crazy expensive for the next year or two but they're available.

Why not go 4K OLED? Granted LG just released them and they will be crazy expensive for the next year or two but they're available.

For me it's mostly the image quality. 4K just isn't standard enough yet to warrant an buy from me especially for the price premium. I tried an upscaled 1080p movie on 4K and it just doesn't look that great and considering my game consoles still run at sub HD levels anyway, it's not worth it.

Last edited:
Too bad it's in store only. Then again even though I want it, I have no good place to put it and just bought a pair of Samsung displays.

For me it's mostly the image quality. 4K just isn't standard enough yet to warrant an buy from me especially for the price premium. I tried an upscaled 1080p movie on 4K and it just doesn't look that great and considering my game consoles still run at sub HD levels anyway, it's not worth it.

It really depends on what the source movie, the upscaler, and the display TV all are. Both my blu-ray player and Samsung 65HU8550 have good upscaling, though at that point it's redundant.

Spaceballs did not show that much of a difference (though you can now very clearly see that Lord Helmet's desert speeder is sitting on top a badly joined mirrored box); Pacific Rim on the other hand looked amazing and with the active glasses some of the 3D effects were on par the effects when I saw the movie in the theater.

Upscaling output to a Seiki is not so hot.

Crazy expensive is right. Actually, anything over $2000 is more than I'm willing to spend for any TV. The only reason I even stopped to consider this OLED was its outrageously low price. But, it was $1500 once. It'll be that price again, probably before year's end. I'm in no rush. My LG 47GA7900 is doing a fine job for now.

Crazy expensive is right. Actually, anything over $2000 is more than I'm willing to spend for any TV. The only reason I even stopped to consider this OLED was its outrageously low price. But, it was $1500 once. It'll be that price again, probably before year's end. I'm in no rush. My LG 47GA7900 is doing a fine job for now.

They are getting rid of stock for new models.

Probably very unlikely.

Back