55 Inches x 3 Nvidia Surround Gaming

QuadDragon

Limp Gawd
(UPDATE)

The tvs are in. I have uploaded the pictures here

I also want to say that there is a little input lag with the Haier tvs. None with the Samsung. There doesn't appear to be any video lag though using them as the extra monitors.
So 98 out of 10 i guess. not perfect due to a little input lag but well worth the 1k i gave for both tvs.

I also have another Asus 590 coming. I am looking forward to getting that put in.

Can't wait Just ordered myself 2 more 55 inch TVs looking forward to getting some triple monitor action going on, I will be posting pics!

BTW should this need to go in a different thread please let me know. Or if a mod go ahead and move it :)

Last edited:
Nice! I've been thinking about a setup like that if I had a house. Ironically, it would be less demanding that 3x1440p, but I think it would look more impressive. What are you using to hold the screens?

The center tv is wall mounted. The other 2 will be to either side on a couple of tables

enjoy the 1"x1" pixels :(

Honestly, I thought like this too until I watched my buddy play BF3 on his 50" TV. From the couch about 8 feet away it looks pretty damn good. He obviously doesn't care about text and input lag though.

Heh, have fun. I had my pc hooked up to my 73" complete with bass shakers for the chairs. Mechwarrior has never been so much fun. I couldn't miss a shot in BF3! lol If I had room, with the death of Rear Projection DLP TVs now, I would get two more for surround.

Make sure to post pics of your setup!

I think 3x 1080p projection would've been a better use of the mullah (no bezels, same resolution, MUCH bigger potential size), but I still can't wait to see pics/vids on this.

That would be awesome! But you need lots of empty wall space for that.

very cool. i wanted to do this with three 40" samsung commercial displays in portrait mode; the ones with the 11mm thick bezels. good luck op.

Sounds awesome. Don't listen to haters about pixel size, modern TV's can look very good in PC profile with enough AA imo.

I suppose I should post a bit about what I'm going to use to drive these :)
Recently my Z68 motherboard died on me an Asus Gene-Z and a 2500k.

I replaced it with a Maximus V Formula and a 3770K. Added 16 gigs of Ram and about 7TBs of harddrive space. Needless to say I went from a Micro ATX case to a full tower.

I am currently using an Asus 590 GTX. About the only real problem I've had so far is trying to figure out the sound portion of this mess. So if any of yall know about Receivers and onboard sound Please see my other post here.

Currently I have been using only my Samsung 55 inch TV for my main monitor now for about 2 years.
Here are a couple of pics of my current set up. One is of the wall where the other 2 TVs will be going.
http://s212.photobucket.com/user/Quaddragon/library/new build?page=1

well have fun running at below average res just to compensate for the input lag the mouse brings in, unless you enjoy xbox controllers.

what are next gen console's ever going to do about that concerning having different inputs when the displays cannot handle a mouse over a certain res unless i assume you want to put down a stack of cash on a real good TV ( does that even fix it? ) , I think that's why they force feed all that acceleration on your mouse input these days with new big titles, its all this push for HDTV age and bigger and better screens.

well have fun running at below average res just to compensate for the input lag the mouse brings in, unless you enjoy xbox controller

what are next gen console's ever going to do about that concerning having different inputs when the displays cannot handle a mouse over a certain res unless i assume you want to put down a stack of cash on a real good TV ( does that even fix it? ) , I think that's why they force feed all that acceleration on your mouse input these days with new big titles, its all this push for HDTV age and bigger and better screens.

I've been using my samsung tv for over 2 years now as my main display. I don't have any input lag so I'm not real sure what your talking about.

As for below average rez, I thougt 1920 x 1080 was pretty standard these days.

I've been using my samsung tv for over 2 years now as my main display. I don't have any input lag so I'm not real sure what your talking about.

As for below average rez, I thougt 1920 x 1080 was pretty standard these days.

Text on large tv's is terrible also, its not just the lag. And 1080P is standard for most23-24" monitors. Stretching that on 40" plus can look pretty bad if you are close to it.

Text on large tv's is terrible also, its not just the lag. And 1080P is standard for most23-24" monitors. Stretching that on 40" plus can look pretty bad if you are close to it.

Who sits two feet in front of a 40" TV?

Never fails. Someone posts about going bigger screen or using a TV, and the anti-1080p crowd and the anti-TV crowd unite to troll.

Why don't you guys just make a White House petition and see if you can find 100k people who care as much as you about tiny pixels? There is no "right way" to play games, so long as you're happy with your method. Quit trolling others for playing their way.

Although input lag on a tv may or may not be noticeable, my biggest concern would be the difference in input lag between the two models of tvs being used. Hopefully, they're similar enough to not be distracting. Otherwise, sounds like it should be pretty sweet.

Never fails. Someone posts about going bigger screen or using a TV, and the anti-1080p crowd and the anti-TV crowd unite to troll.

Why don't you guys just make a White House petition and see if you can find 100k people who care as much as you about tiny pixels? There is no "right way" to play games, so long as you're happy with your method. Quit trolling others for playing their way.

just saying be careful with that shit and your choice because its not cheap, and some crazy widescreen res might introduce input lag TV's seem to have issue's with lag in my past experience and I had to drop the res to compensate, if it works and your aware those issues exist ok whatever.

Personally I'd love to just game on a massive TV instead, I am not concerned about the little graphical nuances with text but just the money i need to put into it so it can keep up with the lag, my current cheapo big screen TV ( $400 AUD ) is not so great for gaming, sucks how you can't just cheap out on that option because $1200 would probably at least get me 3 x 2560 capable monitors or 3 x 55" TV's 1920's with lag.

at the very least please put the brand "input lag" res and video card into the same sentence into Google.

just saying be careful with that shit and your choice because its not cheap, and some crazy widescreen res might introduce input lag TV's seem to have issue's with lag in my past experience and I had to drop the res to compensate, if it works and your aware those issues exist ok whatever.

You run at a TV's native res to reduce input lag. Anytime you run at a res different from native, you use the TV's built-in scalar, which introduces input lag. Case in point, many advertised 720p HDTVs are actually 1366x768. Run at 720p and you'll have significant input lag.

Also, you should be using Game Mode (greatly reduces input lag), or HDMI/PC input (near zero input lag, treats HDTV as a monitor) for HDTVs that support it. Both of mine support the latter input, and I actually use it for my Xbox 360 and PC (won't work properly with PS3).

People that just try to plug and play will experience serious input lag on almost any HDTV.

I use a 42" Panasonic LED backlit LCD with an S-IPS panel, and it is one of the best displays I have ever used...I sit ~7.5ft from it in my comfy recliner which has a desk I built for it..I have ZERO issues with input lag via HDMI and "Game" Mode, and text looks just as sharp as it does on my 23" Samsung LED LCD...

I personally feel sitting back from a quality big screen makes things way more realistic, but that's just me...I also have 20/15 and 20/10 vision in my left/right eye respectively, so I can see even 8 font text without straining..

Forgot to add, my Panel runs @ 75Hz with Toasty-X's custom program, which is nice with V-Sync enabled...

have you all looked at the wall the other 2 tvs will be on? Personally im psyched. i think the cheaper tvs for side pannels should be just fine sine all commands will be done on the samsung.

I do a lot of gaming on a Vivitek D950HD 1080p project and I used to play on a Westinghouse 1080p LCD TV. Both have been just fine compared to desktop LED displays, with the chief difference being that I can recline on the couch to play with the bigger screens. There's no lag that I can see, and I'd have no trouble recommend TVs and/or projectors for gaming as long as you get the right one. Just use displays where post processing is either not present or can be disabled and it should work great. I'm betting the OP's setup will rock.

Well I hate to say it, after one day of use I have called Amazon and arranged to have the TVs picked up. I am however going to replace them with something with less input lag.

I have been checking out http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

I found http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096FBBK8/?tag=dislag-20 which are pretty close to the same price range.

The thing I noticed most about the Haier is the soft feel of the mouse when I move it that I just don't get on the Samsung TV.

My wonderful Naga Epic feels imprecise and laggy on the Haier. I have also noticed visible lag mostly vertcally. Say I have a window open and I am dragging it down and its split between one monitor. The samsung will move part of the edge down then the Haier will hurry up and play catch up.

So for all you input lag people talking about monitors vs tvs, What are your thoughts on the LG? Do you think I will see better results or am I just wasting my time?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sell it all and go with 3 matching 120Hz DLP projectors. Nothing comes close. I'd like 1080p (or 1200p) projectors but they're not available at a reasonable price point yet. 3840x800@120Hz is the current sweet spot for price/framerate/resolution. Seriously.

The Heair TVs have gone back to Amazon, they didn't give me any issues taking them back.
The new Toshibas will be delivered today! Sadly I belive it will be this weekend before I can get em setup.

Back