54 troubador, 38 warlock eq2 or wow?

zombix

[H]ard|Gawd
I have played both for a long time in the past but quit about 8 months back...

Now im thinking of returning. How big is wow now? How big is eq 2 now?

Which should i choose? Hmm....

I have never played eq2 but I had a friend that did and he left to play wow. Wow is huge, how big eq2 is I don't know but it's no where near wow.

Well if you are talking subscriber base, then yes wow has more subscribers, but if you are talking about game size, then EQ2 hands down. Most people will never experience half of the content in EQ2 due to its sheer world size unless you level 8 toons to 80 and you would still probably miss alot.
Alas, EQ2 has become more wow like to apease the masses, so basically its the same game.

I have played both for a long time in the past but quit about 8 months back...

Now im thinking of returning. How big is wow now? How big is eq 2 now?

Which should i choose? Hmm....

What do you mean by how big? Population wise I don't think anything comes close to WoW.

lol

the server play on is so full it once and while goes into lock down for people loggin in. lol

no contest wow !

wow is gonna be king for a very long time.

I quit WoW back last January most likely never going back. Started playing EQ2 in August and just bought the expansion Ruins of Kunark for it. WoW = a huge amount of Bnet babies.:rolleyes: My Server anyway on EQ2 seems mostly mature. :) They are both excellent games and both fun. I was burnt out on WoW after a littler over 2 years.

^^ I like how you throw a general statment blanketing the entire WoW player base, when you're just talking out of your ass. Find yourself a good "mature" guild.

As for the OP, at level 38 you will find the 20-60 grind much easier after one of the patches reduced the experience required to level and increased quest reward experience.

With a new expansion on the horizon, I would say it's worth jumping back into WoW. Maybe a Warlock was not your class if you quit at 38, you could try to reroll another class.

Well if you are talking subscriber base, then yes wow has more subscribers, but if you are talking about game size, then EQ2 hands down. Most people will never experience half of the content in EQ2 due to its sheer world size unless you level 8 toons to 80 and you would still probably miss alot.
Alas, EQ2 has become more wow like to apease the masses, so basically its the same game.

Have you ever played WoW, I can't imagine EQ2, or any game for that matter, having more content.

Oh and stick with the warlock, their high end damage potential is just sickening. I always lead raid DPS, always.

Have you ever played WoW, I can't imagine EQ2, or any game for that matter, having more content.

Oh and stick with the warlock, their high end damage potential is just sickening. I always lead raid DPS, always.

If your into pvp I would roll something else, my warlock is fun in pvp but usually I'm the first target and I go down easy. Warlocks are good in pvp when they aren't the target, but once you have guys on you, you go down so fast.

Actually I was talking about the general feel of the chat channels. WoW does have a huge amount of what are commonly termed Bnet babies playing the game. It's not a generalization. I didnt say everyone, thats a generalization, anyway, the general chat on the 2 servers I played on was so bad I turned off general chat. Got real old after 26 months. Sounds like you, Boshingtang are talking out of your ass ..... :rolleyes:
World of Warcraft is a fun game but the chat channels and topics were freaking horrendous most days/nights, again, on the servers I played on. I had both a 60 Hunter and 60 Warlock when I quit. Got tired of the having to raid all the time for good gear and weapons at endgame.

To the OP, they are both good games. Try both and stick with whatever one you like more. I love when ever anyone says any little negative thing about WoW some of the people that love it come unglued .......

Thanks for the feed back about both games.

I knew it would come down to eq 2 and wow, but i think i want to stick with wow abit more.

My only problem is this. I have never raided in wow... I have raided back in the days of regular eq and it was quite fun.

Now is it true that in order to keep up in pvp you need to raid everyday hoping that i will get warlock gear when there are like 20 warlocks in the raid? Also i really want to stay away from large guilds like with 200 members. Does it really take that many people to raid the best spots?

If this is true i think i might have to skip wow, which will make me sad because i really liked the atmosphere of wow.

Only thing i hate about eq2 is you raid for nothing (no pvp).

Oh yeah forgot to add, maybe i should roll a druid? Though i think druids are rare because they level so slow...

PSS Also i have recieved close to 450 gold from my cousin is this enough to make to 70? Or can i just quest for gear?

Why do druids level so slow? I would think they could level the fastest or at least equal to anyone else because they can shift from damage dealing to healing easily. I have played every class at least for a bit and I enjoy druid the most.

I like how CodeX is always in every WoW thread defending it. WRONG, WoW does not have the most content outthere. EQ2 is way bigger, Eve is Huge, LOTRO is getting to be bigger than WoW too.
Player base, yes, WoW is probably the biggest, but by all means it does not have the most areas to quest in. Dungeons I will not count, since you end up doing most of them 50 times over to get that 0.2% drop.

Wow is a grind, personally I have been really appreciating LOTRO as of late, great story, great graphics, fun quests, huge areas. I would give that a try.

An MMO does not need a subscriber base the size of WoW's to be successful. WoW's success is unprecedented in MMOs. There are many dozens of other MMOs out there, many of whom are successful. In spite of the often fanatical obsession WoW players often exhibit in defense of the *obvious" superiority of their realm, it's not all things to all people.

I never could stand the way the game looked, myself. I've been playing EVE Online lately, as a large group of my local friends have gotten into it. It's fun, and there is a huge free update rolling out today, including a new graphics engine.

My only problem is this. I have never raided in wow... I have raided back in the days of regular eq and it was quite fun.

Now is it true that in order to keep up in pvp you need to raid everyday hoping that i will get warlock gear when there are like 20 warlocks in the raid? Also i really want to stay away from large guilds like with 200 members. Does it really take that many people to raid the best spots?

PSS Also i have recieved close to 450 gold from my cousin is this enough to make to 70? Or can i just quest for gear?

WoW raids can be a ton of fun and are often hectic, for the most part the events are harder then those of EQ1/2 but they do not require the 72 man raids like Plane of Time back in EQ1.

WoW raids are size limited 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 30, 40 so the raid makeup will usually be set to no more then a few of any one class so I doubt you would see 20 necro's on a raid.

Big guilds are not ideal as it takes people much longer to gear up due to the item distribution spread. Idealy your guild should never really go over 80 ACTIVE people. You can get away with less if you have a good core of people who play every day and never miss a raid.

Ah you can live quite a long time off of 450g but really you don't need it, save 100g for your 40 mount and as you level EARN your gear from instances don't buy it, you will make 150-300g leveling 1-60 not farming a single thing which you should add to the remainder of that money to get your level 60 mount.

The only things I would suggest buying are bags, go get 4 neatherweave bags so you can loot whore the junk drops off of mobs for cash.

In order to keep up in PvP you will HAVE TO play a LOT of battlegrounds to get the season 1 arena gear. If you don't you will get completely destroyed. You do not need to raid in order to be competitive, but it can help a little (for example, Void Star Talisman is a fantastic choice for second trinket for warlocks in PvP).

Druids level very fast. There is very little downtime. They are also in somewhat high demand end game as tanks are rare and so are druid healers.

In order to keep up in PvP you will HAVE TO play a LOT of battlegrounds to get the season 1 arena gear. If you don't you will get completely destroyed. You do not need to raid in order to be competitive, but it can help a little (for example, Void Star Talisman is a fantastic choice for second trinket for warlocks in PvP).

Druids level very fast. There is very little downtime. They are also in somewhat high demand end game as tanks are rare and so are druid healers.

Druids can also do some amazing dps as boomkin, druid in my guild named dragonsin (gm actually) is the only person in my guild that posts higher then me on dps meters in raids. His gear helps, of course, but still he is usually significantly ahead of everyone, not just a little bit

If I ever reroll I am making a druid

Yes I have played WoW and have several friends that switch back and forth between the two games regularly and there is no comparison. EQ2 hands down has more content. I would say even a magnitude more over WoW at this current time. The problem is that with a world size being that large and so much to do, it can be difficult to find people working on the same stuff or in the same area's.
Now my question to you, is have you played both? If not, you should fire up EQ2 once and check it out. Or maybe even one of the other hundred MMO games out there, as some of them are much better than WoW imo...

No thanks, I played guild wars... its not an MMO. I played FFXI, it was incredibly terrible, even though I LOVE the Final Fantasy series, I played Eve, it was boring as hell. I played LOTRO, it was a giant piece of garbage, the interface sucked, the character controls felt really wrong, the graphics don't live up to the hype... EQ2 may very well be a good game, but WoW is king, and it is one of if not the best, most immersive, and most memorable gaming experiences I have ever had.

Thats too bad then. I have played both and raided in both, and I have to say that EQ2 is a better game, (right now anyways), than WoW, but that is just my opinion. I have not played those other games, (well played LotR but it sucked imo), so I cannot comment. I do think that EQ2 and WoW are also very much alike right now as far as gameplay.

Thats too bad then. I have played both and raided in both, and I have to say that EQ2 is a better game, (right now anyways), than WoW, but that is just my opinion. I have not played those other games, (well played LotR but it sucked imo), so I cannot comment. I do think that EQ2 and WoW are also very much alike right now as far as gameplay.

Well you have made me seriously consider trying EQ2 since it seems like we have the same taste in games... is there a 15 day trial or anything like that?

Well you have made me seriously consider trying EQ2 since it seems like we have the same taste in games... is there a 15 day trial or anything like that?

http://www.everquest2.com/

Trial download is to the right of the oval thing.

EQ2 is a great game, far better than it was at launch, I tried to play WoW and couldn't stand it at all.

Been playing eq2 last few days and it's alot more fun. I still play wow but as i never really played it hardcore, it's more of just having fun atm than playing it constantly to level up and get stuff..
I started playing EQ2 when it first came out, and it has been really revamped compared to what it used to be. Took me a month to get my monk to lvl22 first time out before i quit, but the one i just made took me like 2 days to get to the same level and it was more fun this go imho.
I'd reccomend EQ2 now more than WoW mainly because it's more involved imo or at least it seems like it to me. Can't really go wrong with either MMo tho. Just depends on what your play style is and what you want out of it.

Im gonna make a new character ;) What class hands down is the cheapest class to play?

And Im gonna go draenei or blood elf so i would like it to be in within those lines.

EQ2 is for the more generic RPG player and is a little slower pace. I really liked it but I keep going back to WoW because it is faster pace and I still have a lot of friends who play on Deathwing.

Im gonna make a new character ;) What class hands down is the cheapest class to play?

And Im gonna go draenei or blood elf so i would like it to be in within those lines.

I like Paladins, they are not as flashy, but if you beef one out, can take a ton of dmg, or heal if you want to.

I played FFXI, it was incredibly terrible, even though I LOVE the Final Fantasy series

I've played FFXI for a few years now. There is too much content to ever do. And what is terrible about it? The fact you are forced into playing with other people? It is called a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME. Do you know what that means? /sigh...

I've played FFXI for a few years now. There is too much content to ever do. And what is terrible about it? The fact you are forced into playing with other people? It is called a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE GAME. Do you know what that means? /sigh...

No, I don't, I do 10 and 25 man raids in WoW on a weekly basis, I know nothing about playing with other people :rolleyes:

FFXI is a piece of trash, play WoW, get to at least level 20, and tell me it isn't 100 times better.

*edit* also, its really funny you put massively in caps... what is the total population of FFXI compared to the 9 million in WoW?

Back