512MB Nvidia Quadro video card

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
For those who has the stomach of $2K or more, Nvidia high end Quadro FX4400 and 4400G is now available. It comes with 512 MB of RAM, and as fast as hell. Let's see how many of you has the $$ for this.

Cool, the 512mb 6*00 cards should be coming out sometime soon then. :) Then we can softmod em into Quadros for free :D

Probably not soft mod. The best right now is just getting certain drivers to work, but it still doesn't act like a real quadro.

That's going to be an awesome workstation card. I don't think it'll make a good gaming card. Full precision all the time, and additional features relating to excellent rendering quality are not going to allow it to run as "free" as the gaming variety. As far as the comment about this meaning that 512mb gaming cards are "coming out soon" all I can say is "don't hold your breath" and :rolleyes:
I wish people would stop openly pining for 512mb cards. They will come out when the economics is right. Which ain't gonna be anytime soon.

I have a profesional cards everything froma t2 to x2 256 and quadro 4 to quadro fx 3000.

To be honest with you for the most part performance isn't that important unless your doing lots of 3dsmax for engineer stability is the game and most engineers will and still use quadro 4 line. CPU power is the number one thing for cad stations.

Hey wrench, does the Quadro series card run well with games and office application software?

Happy Hopping said:
Hey wrench, does the Quadro series card run well with games and office application software?

An S3 ViRGE will run office apps :rolleyes:

And they suck bigtime at games.

lopoetve said:
And they suck bigtime at games.
not really true.

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?page=4&articleid=446&cid=2

The OpenGL driver when running on a Quadro is tuned for apps, not games, but there should be no difference in DX performance between the (modern) quadro 3000/4x00 cards and NV3x/NV4x cards.

Plus if you really wanted to, you could flash a Quadro back to a regular FX/6x00 card. But that's not really necessary since you can un-quadro it through the registry/nv4.inf much like the limited soft-mods work now.

pxc said:
not really true.

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?page=4&articleid=446&cid=2

The OpenGL driver when running on a Quadro is tuned for apps, not games, but there should be no difference in DX performance between the (modern) quadro 3000/4x00 cards and NV3x/NV4x cards.

Plus if you really wanted to, you could flash a Quadro back to a regular FX/6x00 card. But that's not really necessary since you can un-quadro it through the registry/nv4.inf much like the limited soft-mods work now.

Interesting. I thought they still ran at full precision and put out pretty bad numbers. Guess I was wrong :D

Oh yeah any profesional card does realy well at 2d stuff.

As for Profesional cards sucking at games, its a half truth. I found that ATI profesional cards look better and play games quite well but Nvidia cards aren't the same story quadro cards graphics in 3d games are very washed out and texture rendering sucks overall.

512MB cards will be more mainstream when 64-bit systems are more mainstream. Current 32-bit systems with even the max of 4GB of RAM will find themselves choked with such cards, as they tend to map two or more representations of their VRAM to system RAM. Plus you got your GART and your aperture, you're looking at about 1.5GB set aside.

I've got Quadro 980XGL's at work and they are just as fast playing UT2004 as thier Geforce equivalents.

They cost more because they do more. They use the same driver set. However for 3ds Max they've got a optimized render that boosts performance.

The Quadro is a Geforce with high end professional features for the graphics professional enabled.

Back