51% of US Households Own an Apple Product

Here's what I actually wrote

And I was replying to this quote

To clarify.

He told me that ALL digital music had DRM on it. That's False. As you point out not even itunes does anymore. He said that in response to me saying that Amazon Music doesn't have DRM on it either.

He also told me that his iphone couldn't play MP3's. It could ONLY play AAC files. That's False. At least I would hope it's false. I don't actually own an iphone but my 3rd gen Ipod would play mp3's just fine.

This was all in reply to JoeUser who said that "ipod" has become synonymous with mp3 player. My point was this just didn’t know that the ipod/iphone could even play mp3s. My coworker told me this when I mentioned he could buy an album on sale at Amazon music instead of itunes.

Hey as much as I dislike a lot of Apple products for various reasons if something works for you then hey, have at it. I think most "Android" people are more in disbelief on how Apple could release a brick and write ibrick on it and people would be lined up the night before to buy it. They are masters of marketing but hey it's working!

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. With that in mind, I went back and re-read what you said and it makes sense.

And how many of these disputes have been successful?

Apple's seen as a great target for frivolous lawsuits because of their monstrous cash reserves. No other company in the U.S. is a greater target.

Several actually.

Famous examples including banned ads in the UK for lying and misleading its trusting customers with false information, and a few more like that. This isn't other companies suing them.

I have a 1st and 4th gen ipod nano, both were gifts from my parents. Both are sitting under my monitor at work collecting dust as my evo3d has a 32gb card full of music and doesn't require toting a second device around.

I was going to say I don't have any Apple products in the house at all, but their is a first gen Iphone sitting on the shelf. It was abandoned for a GalaxyS.

I wonder how many who answered the poll had a Granny Smith apple sitting on the table and answered YES because they didn't even know the difference :D

I was going to say I don't have any Apple products in the house at all, but their is a first gen Iphone sitting on the shelf. It was abandoned for a GalaxyS.

Sell it. I still got $175 on eBay for one last Xmas, paid for a replacement phone for my daughter. It was friggin 4 years old!

Apple products in general have excellent resale, I rotate out my electronics on a regular basis. iPhones I typically make money on. MacBooks or iMacs might cost me a couple hundred bucks after 1-2 years use. My pc's depreciate like a goddamn car, how much is that $500 video card or $300 worth 2 years later? Somewhere between jack and shit. The used pc market is crap, sure I can still sell it but a 17" dell laptop only gets me 30% of purchase price when I put it up for sale after a couple years.

Call apple users sheep all you want, I like the market as is.

That's like asking how many homes have a nokia phone so I'm not even sure how that's relevant. I'm not an apple fan but even if have had two ipods. Actually considering how many people are in one household and the range of their products I'm surprised it's only 51%. If you were here and we're to ask the same question about nokia, it'll be only one product range but it's likely at or close to 100%.

so we spend billions and billions of dollars on a government just to to figure out how many people actually live the country, but apple can assure as that the majority own their devices

Back