50mw High Powered Green Laser Pointer (military grade) $24.99

Bladestorm

[H]ard|Gawd
50mw High Powered Green Laser Pointer (military grade)

Quick Overview

Add a little precision to your stargazing with the 50mw High Powered Green Laser Pointer. The 50mw green light stands out much better against the night sky than a standard red laser pointer and has a range of over 12 miles. The 50mw High Powered Green Laser Pointer runs on 2 AAA batteries and won’t last long at this price. Get yours right away.

$24.99

http://dillyeo.com/50mw-high-powered-green-laser-pointer

I got mine from amazon for $10 I believe, plus a couple shipping. It's a decent laser that I bought to keep my cats entertained. They love it, and it's crazy bright.

$25 is a little too high...

Here's the link: looks like it's $9 bow..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Guys

lasers from ebay, amazon, etc, are all pieces of shit

they nearly ALL say <50mw, meaning, can be less than.. and 9 times out of 10 they are well below it

also, for a decent 50mw green laser you're not going to want it in the pen style since they then have a duty cycle since they cannot remove heat from the diode quick enough

www.o-like.com if you want quality, cheap lasers

Unless you're buying from a source known to test and reliably bin their diodes you're just taking a shot in the dark with anything in the 20-50mW range. Could be a 15mW, could be 80mW. Either way chances are there's no IR filter, so in addition to the green, you're also tossing out lots of 1064nm IR that you can't see, but can still blind you (even faster than the green, since your pupils won't dilate when hit with it). Be careful!

I got mine from amazon for $10 I believe, plus a couple shipping. It's a decent laser that I bought to keep my cats entertained. They love it, and it's crazy bright.

$25 is a little too high...

Here's the link: looks like it's $9 bow..

Thanks Demon!!! Got one $12 with shipping

Is the 20 mw difference worth the $15 extra?
edit: http://www.amazon.com/532nm-Astronomy-Powerful-Green-Pointer/dp/B000Y3N41U/ref=pd_bxgy_e_text_b
same laser but the 50mw version for $11.95

Max Output: <= 25mW 532nm on Professional Grade Chip

less than or equal to

I am willing to bet it is probably around 5mw.

avoid.

edit: read what kueller said

also, www.laserpointerforums.com

read up on o-like and other sellers.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

They won't ship the to US though.

I got a 50mw pen style green for $25, and the beam is quite clear and distinguished in the dark, not much point in going higher power for practical use. Beam is visible in the daylight indoors, but not outdoors. This one is popular for the cost on laserpointerforums and candlepowerforums. It is certainly NOT a 5mw laser.

http://www.ledshoppe.com/Product/ledp/LP1076.htm

As far is it being pen style this is fine for my usage (Astronomy) I also don't care if I can't leave it on for a long period of time, or lock it in the on position.

We used to use them to warn oncoming cars in convoys but we drooped that due to too many friendly fire lasings.

If you think Deal Extreme will ship that to you, you haven't learned how to read. This is posted on every single page which advertises a laser >5mW.

dealextreme said:
United States Customers Only: due to new regulations enforced by the US FDA and PayPal, orders of >5mW lasers units shipped to the United States are no longer accepted. Orders that were previously accepted and unshipped will be cancelled and refunded to customers. This affects United States orders only.

Important FDA Warning for all >5mW Lasers: FDA advices all customers that these lasers may be purchased only if you are NOT a citizen of the United States and you are NOT currently living in the United States.

What does the military do with 50mw blue lasers?
Military grade doesn't mean the military uses it. It most likely means some components used to build the laser pointer pass one of the thousands or diffrent military specifications out there. A lot of products labeled military grade or millspec are not used by the military. Hell, MSI even list several of their high end video cards including the GTX 480 as being millspec due to the capacitors they use.

Back