500w modular psu w/lcd $38 +ship

Nothing about 80+ or active pfc, but claims to have lifetime warranty. That's got to count for something... right?

Not bad, but I don't know how good the quality of the psu is.

Don't know about you guys but $15 shipping killed it for me. That gets it pretty close to the price of a good psu. I was tempted to pick one up for my media server.

$11 for me but im waiting on an x750 rma from newegg so I don't really need this.

the company's website is quite a bit out of date. My guess is that these things were manufactured 4-6 years ago...

or these really aren't new and are refurbs since it's 90 days and says supported by geeks.

lol hats alot of copper.. Might be worth buying just to salvage the HS

Nothing about 80+ or active pfc, but claims to have lifetime warranty. That's got to count for something... right?

Was 80+ even around when ATX 2.01 was the standard?

This PSU being modular is countered by the fact that it's HUGE. The extra length takes up as much space as the extra cables bundled up.

Here is a review of what I believe is the same power supply from 2005. http://www.overclockersonline.net/reviews/5000302/ I personally wouldn't take this for free, but for those who like to gamble with their hardware this is a good opportunity.
The build quality looks pretty decent for a PSU from 2005 based on the limited amount of information that review provides, but I wouldn't use something like that myself, especially not knowing the OEM or any real performance characteristics.
Was 80+ even around when ATX 2.01 was the standard?
No.

one thing is for sure, people are eatin' that shit up, it's listed as "almost gone"...lol

Back