500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an A7V-8X back in the day, ran that poor thing into the ground. It managed to survive from 2003 until Fall 2009 [the audio chip went out, then the HD controller failed and I had to put it down Ol' Yeller style]. Still, good times - swapped the CPU once (2100+ to 3200+), really the first computer that I built and maintained myself.

I bought my first Asus before they got #1 in volume. But they were already the best in quality.

I still have fond memories of my A8N motherboards. Bought several of those during their run for various computers and enjoyed rock solid stability and appreciated the extra goodies ASUS always threw into their boards.

my asus board was one that a compulsive upgrader let go all the way back in october 2009; i only let it go at the end of last year and handed it off to my brother to use. the aforementioned compulsive upgrader was an overclocker as well; hed taken the trouble to crossflash the P5E deluxe to the rampage formula bios - norty norty! but i never had a single issue with the board, and with an e5300 chip under watercooling the thing was bulletproof. i never pushed the limits of the thing really; i was perfectly satisfied to up the ram speed from DDR2-800 to 1066 and run it that way - not quite a celeron 450 overclock but very nice, tyvm.

with a raid array (i never got to use it with an ssd) it proved to be a fast and capable system; it lasted through three GPU upgrades (7600GT>5770>7850) and two OSes in XP and windows7... only the advent of high res + AA and modern rendering features made it look long in the tooth. i think that guy made a mistake selling it to me, to be honest... :p ... five years trouble free service is something i am not sure i would fully trust any other maker on.

with any luck my brother can keep it going for just as long - that will truly be a testament to Asus quality!

Pretty much only used Asus boards in any of my builds... most memorable though would have been the P6T... had lots of good gaming time due to that board. Never had a real issue with any one of them I owned either. Good stuff!

I bought my first ASUS Motherboard, when I upgraded my PC for BF3. As its pre-predecessor was broken and the direct predecessor was not a dedicated gaming mobo, my expectations were high.

My choice was the MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z and it ist great (it's still in use). The only problem I had was to get my Creative Inspire 5300 5.1 set to 5.1. Somehow it always switched back to stereo and I didn't get the rear speakers to work. The 5300 was 10 years old at this time so that could be an issue too. ;)

Because of fullfilling my expectations I bought more ASUS hardware, like a ROG power supply unit and a ASUS 560GTX Ti.

As you see my system is outdated and BF4 and BF hardline only runs smooth with lower settings, so I'm in urgent need to win new hardware. :D

I build my very first pc in 2008. I was so unexperienced that time, so a friend of mine helped me with every part choice.
I was already awared about ROG, so I wanted to base my build on Striker Extreme badly. But somehow it turned out that my Core 2 Duo E8200 is not supported, and my friend proposed to pick P5K Pro instead. That mobo has all features and tweaking abilities I could ever needed. About 7 years passed and I'm going to upgrade my pc now. I was given an a Sabertooth 990FX by a friend of mine
but it seems that motherboard is faulty(cpu led red). Not sure if I can fix it, but it's still a very decent base for a new build.
The funny/sad thing in this history is that P5K Pro has impressive as for it's class oc abilities and features, andnit can oc my cpu up to 3.8 GHz, but I haven't managed to do a real deep and detailed overclocking yet, and it's already 2015 - time to build a new rig. So feel a little sad I never seen real power limits of my asus motherboard.
p.s. sorry for bad english, I'm working on it :)

First job out of college was as a PC Tech for a local computer company. Our custom built machines with generic motherboards always seemed to come back with wierd, random issues (random lock-ups, etc.). One day I ended up building a system with a ASUS P3V133 board and was amazed at the difference. The board felt/looked more solidly built than anything I'd worked with prior and amazingly I found that ASUS even offered BIOS updates online, something that was near impossible for the generic boards of yesteryear. I've been a fan of ASUS ever since and have always used them in my own builds, although I admittedly did stray once for an Abit, but soon found myself back with ASUS.

When I was a kid ASUS was always unattainable for me. Too pricey. My first ASUS motherboard was a CUSL2-C. It was great. Stable at over 160FSB I had some great Overclocks with it, including the Celeron 600 @ 1080mhz.

I tried many other manufacturers over the time, but ASUS beats them all in pure stability and reliabilty. Unfortunately their price point is still very high, forcing me to choose other manufacturers who offer much more features at the same price point. But as far as VGAs go ASUS is still my no1 choice. Since my V3800 Deluxe. I so loved those VIVOcards, too bad current vgas don't have recording functionality anymore.

Well, my first ASUS was an A7N8X-Deluxe, with the nforce2 chipset and great onboard audio. It was my main pc for 3 years and lived on in a server for another 5 years. My next ASUS was an A8N32-SLI Deluxe, which I think I got 5 years out of. Then I replaced that with an ASUS P6T6 WS, which I am still running (6 years old in february!). A few years ago I replaced the A7N8X-Deluxe in the server with an ASUS P8B WS, which is also still running strong. I've been impressed with the build quality, and stability, as well as overclocking features ASUS motherboards have.

Asus is on my list when I'm shopping for motherboards, I'm always happy when an ASUS board is on sale because I know I'm getting a good deal on a quality product. I've built 2 machines using ASUS boards and both are still running strong.

I never used to build my own computers until the last 6 years or so. My first few motherboards were another brand and they were OK but the brand seemed worse each year.

I moved to Asus about 3 years ago. I have been really impressed with them in all aspects (functionality, looks, features, etc). My first Asus board was a Maximus V Gene LGA (Z77). It's been rock solid. I'm actually using it in an HTPC right now with zero issues.

I also have a Z87-a board that has been great. Zero problems with that one too. That one is in my main gaming rig. That board did a great job of balancing features I wanted for a reasonable price.

Asus? I loved an Asus once. She was the only thing that kept me sane for a time. Everything in my life was a mess; I was broke, angry, and the warmest space I had to myself was the corner of an overcrowded bedroom. But Asus stuck with me, God only knows why.

We did what we could together, but there weren't a lot of options for a poor man that had been put through one-too-many ringers. Sure, we would occasionally wander scenic landscapes or pretend we were saving some alien world. And sometimes we would go out on the town to just to dream and window shop for things we could never have. But mostly all I could do was sit and stare at Asus, longing to give her more than I knew I could.

Like anything great in a tragic life, I forced her out of my life. Asus was capable of so much more than I could give. It was difficult for me to carry on, knowing that I was holding her back. It wasn't a good split, and it took its toll on me emotionally. I had to make sure that everything we had was forgotten and that Asus would never come looking for me. I sent her in to the arms of another man, a friend if you can believe a man like me could even HAVE friends.

He treated her great for a time, too. Better than I ever could have. They were constantly on new adventures together, and he told me all about them any chance he got, even knowing what it did to my heart. As they got comfortable though, things got worse between them. Asus started spending less and less time adventuring, and eventually was playing second fiddle to somebody else... She seemed less and less capable of handling the adventuring, and there were things that were just totally incompatible.

She's found a new life, though, and she's still with that same friend even though their relationship is totally different. Asus is helping him with all sorts of management. Everything from important documents to helping keep him entertained.

There's a part of me that misses her every time I see her, but we all have to move on eventually, don't we? If only I could have some time with Asus again...

The first Asus board I bought was the PZ68-V PRO - which has been running my 2600k at an impressive OC from day 1 with no issues. It has lived through 2 system upgrades (GPUs, RAM, HDD) and provided me with a very solid trust in Asus as a brand. Whichever way I upgrade in the future, I think the one thing that will remain a constant is that trust in the Asus seal of quality. So my next mainboard is surely going to be Asus-made. Here's to the next 500 million :)

I remember the old Asus P3V4X I think it was (old man brain). Was a VIA chipset on an Intel board. Back then it was the combination everyone wanted because you could OC your Pentium 90/100 to 133. The rawwwww powerrrrr

now, recently, these Asus monitors, oh yeah baby :D

My first experience with an ASUS board was the ASUS P3B-F. While I didn't know much about overclocking, I heard it was a fairly decent board. Unfortunately, while the board itself may have been good, the Pentium III 500 CPU I had paired with it was absolutely dreadful in the overclocking department! That board did last quite a while though - even if I did end up snapping off one of the brackets that kept the processor locked in its slot!

(Luckily I've learned to be a little more careful with boards ever since!) :)

Ah, the good old P3B-F. I had one back in the day...incredible board. Four DIMM slots, DIP switches and jumpers for making system changes...and rock solid stability. That board ran a Katmai P3-450@600MHz, and then a Coppermine P3-700@933 on a slotket that ran 100% flawlessly at default voltage.

My first Asus board was a Triton chipset running a P-100. 1.5x multiplier on a 66MHz bus. It's when I first thought, "what happens if I change the multiplier to 2.0x?" Presto...133MHz. I was hooked from that point on...;)

The first computer I built myself used a Slot A Athlon on an Asus motherboard. That computer was still working long after it was obsolete. Heck, I probably still had the motherboard manual until my most recent move, October 2010.

I first used an Asus board in 2009 to help a friend build his system. After having zero problems at startup, and it being rock solid for 4 years, I decided to use a Z87 Sabertooth in my new system. Had some problems with it after several months, and Asus took good care of me through the RMA process. Unless something drastically changes, I'll probably use only them on my future builds.

I thinked to build my desktop pc after 10 years i started from Rampage V Extreme.I m working at a firm.i will buy one part everymonth to completey x99 pc thanks.
(I bought 2 Rampage V Extreme from VatanComputer).

Once i had pc with P5PL2, now my father is using it for his radio contest. Even winning in world. Asus for me is good company that care about buyers. Well that's all, wish me luck :p

Very first motherboard I ever bought was an ASUS A8N-SLI Premium 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI.

Man was that thing a beauty and performed flawlessly!

Ever since they have been the only brand I have ever bought!

My first computer that I built for college used a lower end Asus socket AM2 motherboard. That computer got me through college, overclocking, and World of Warcraft raids, before being gift to my parents. That computer was plugged in for almost 8 years before it died last summer. Considering it wasn’t even an enthusiast grade model, speaks to the product quality.

Since that first computer I only have only used Asus brand motherboards for my personal computers or ones that I put together for friends or family, up to my current z87 Sabertooth. I have yet to have any motherboard issues with Asus and it will definitely be the motherboard brand for my next computer.

My first Asus board was the original Crosshair (Nforce 590), then moved to a Crosshair IV for my Thuban 1100T, was a great board until it took a 'power hit' (out of warranty at that time). I had no problem in deciding to upgrade to a Crosshair V formula as a replacement to the IV for the 1100T and later upgraded to an FX8350 CPU which I'm still running today. I've had great experiences with Asus boards. As much as I'd like to continue supporting AMD, I feel it's time to move on to an Intel CPU for my next upgrade.

My most fun experience with an Asus motherboard was running dual Celerons on a P2B-D, dual Slot-1 board in the late 90's. I used two Slot-1 to Socket 370 adapters and had to cut a pin and do some soldering on the adapters to get the motherboard to recognize the Celerons in dual CPU configuration, but it worked! Way cheaper than a dual Pentium II system (although not as fast, with no L2 cache) and hugely overclockable!

Lol, been building computers since the 90ies... I don't believe i've ever purchased an Asus board (vid cards - sure!) - i'd be willing to try though! :D

My first semester of college the AMD Thunderbird chips came out at 1 ghz. I bought an Asus A7V133 and 800mhz tbird and never looked back. The machine played allot of Counterstrike. I still have it under my bench at home and as far as I know it still runs. I've worked on machines with boards from every major manufacturer and OEM but my personal machine has had nothing but Asus boards.
1. A7V133
2. KT400
3. A8n nforce 4
4. A8V socket 939
5. Asus P5k
6. Asus P8P67 pro

The last four are still functioning in either my house or a siblings.

ive been using my b85m-g for 2 years now but due to my stupidity i some how destroyed the pins for the CPU while cleaning. After that my parents bought me the same chipset but with a pro gamer. It is a very decent motherboard because i am not the one who overclocks or anything

Bought a refurbed ROG Maximus IV this year, didn't work at all, found out the pins were bent, after a bit of hard work I now have an amazing motherboard to run my first build.

Started builds with ROG Maximus IV GENE-Z and that took things off. Never looked back at other brands of motherboards. Moved on to Z77 Sabertooth and right now using Z97 Sabertooth Mark 1. Love the TUF armor. Its TUF all the way from now on.

My first ASUS motherboard was a P2B Pentium II motherboard. It was also my first foray into overclocking. Since then, other than a brief side-track during college, every board I've ever purchased has been an ASUS, right up to my current Sabertooth X78.

Back when I started in tech Abit and Asus were the only real manufactures I considered. I think my first board was an A7V, which I bought with the money I saved after coming back from a deployment with the Army in 2001. I have used Asus boards since, mostly at the recommendation of [H]ardOCP ;)

My story mirrors many others. I started with a non-Asus board and it lasted about 9 months, and was trouble on a daily basis besides. Then I picked up a low end Asus board just to get by and... that PC is still going strong in a parent's computer. That thing is 9 years old now and still hums along fine.

I've yet to try an Asus GPU but I'd sure love the chance! :p

My first comp build was with an amd Barton 2500 paired with an Asus A7N8X deluxe. It was a glorious day when I put it all together. Asus makes awesome motherboards

Without a doubt, I won't stray away from Asus motheboards. I am on my 3rd one and can't see changing. Good luck to all!

First motherboard was an ASUS, had that rig for a good 5 years before I upgraded, wish I could say all the motherboards since were as solid.

I still have my A7N8X Deluxe and XP1700. Still kicking more than 11 years later. Not much of a story, but it's true. :p

o/

As per most, my first rig I built with my father used the ASUS P5Q Deluxe, sure it'll always be a special moment to me. Not to mention the back up bios, quality capacitors, and more which I spent probably half month ogling. Board saved me a few times.

I could really use an upgrade, both motherboard and gpu. I have enjoyed their stuff a good bit over the years... even their Asrock brand is pretty solid. My favorite asus gear has been my g60 laptop and the thing is as solid as a tank. I have had it for at least 4 years and still going strong with an i7 and 5870. With the amount of stuff I have done to it, I sort of feel ashamed. I've traveled all over with it, throwing it around airplanes, stepped on it when I was drunk, threw-up on it because I was drunk, spilled stuff all over it (probably because I was drunk), and some other things I will not go into (but I was probably drunk). I am still shocked the motherboard on it hasn't fried. Needless to say it has served me very well, and I am sure their products will do the same for others. And as for their motherboards, because of their Asrock brand, my last 5 out of 6 builds have been Asus motherboards. Their quality has been top notch and I have never had to RMA a single one. My next build will even be an Asus mobo... And I will probably be drunk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back