500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had three separate ROG boards (Crosshair III, V, and Maximus Formula V), loved em all, rocking a ZPE-D6 now, and quite enjoying it, a new GTX980 STRIX would make it feel less lonely :D

from the first system I build (it was when the Pentium 90 was just released! It cost me $400 for 16MB of ram! lol) to my last system (Using a P5Q Pro) - Asus motherboards (and current monitors) have been a part of my life! Every system has always lasted as long as needed! I would be honored to win these to awesome ASUS prizes!

Good luck all!!

When trying to choose between the many suppliers out there for motherboards, I always use ASUS as a defacto baseline of "how it should be". Then it is up to me to decide where to go from there. But having that pin makes life easier. Thanks ASUS!

Since 1995, I have used Asus Motherboards, Sounds Cards and Video Cards and I have no desire to change now. The only problem I ever has was with my P5KC board that had a memory slot issue after about 3.5 years of use. Other than that I have purchased around 14 boards through the years and I have no plans to change now...or for a long time. Please do not change how your build you boards Asus.....If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The 1st Asus board I recall using was an A8V-Deluxe back in late 2004. I started with an Athlon 64 3500+, then switched to an Opteron 185 a few years later. The system is still running to this day. I've used nothing but Asus motherboards for my personal machines and those I build for family and friends since.

From the ASUS P4P800SE to my current Z87 Pro Asus has giving me great results in my motherboards I have used .Never had one fail .When you use a good brand,you stick to that brand .

I had an Asus P5E for my Q6600 that I had overclocked to 3.4ghz. It has been running since 2008 at that speed without any issues, the friend I sold it to still has it and is still running it to this day. Asus is the reason my last 2 motherboards have been ASRock. I know they aren't affiliated as they once were, but things like the UEFI bios still share a lot with Asus.

Once upon a time there was a young computer enthusiast. With a history of gaming on Commodore 64, Amiga and Atari ST machines he dreamed of the holy grail of gaming, a PC!!

At the time PC's were pretty weak, he had to suffer for many years gaming on Intel 386, 486, Pentium 133, Pentium 266, Celeron 400 and the list went on. During these years of trepidation, failed builds and many hardware mistakes, our intrepid computer enthusiast kept working away at honing his hardware skills. He dreamed of gaming nirvana, he wanted to become a proud member of the....

QQo8Lr2.png

Years went on, however being that he was in Australia at the time, all he had to build with were inferior brands like Gigabyte, MSI, WinFast and other no-name companies that blew their capacitors the moment any hardcore graphical game was ran. Oh no, none of those wonderful Japanese hard-caps for him, it was the bottom of the barrel components only fit for a cheesy console!

Then the day it happened. Looking to build his next rig, as rumours of a new game was on the horizon that would bring existing computers to their knees. In hushed tones the word "Crisis" was whispered through his local gaming community, followed by the creaking of opening wallets and cries of discontent as his fellow gamers attempted to upgrade their gaming rigs for this graphical beast to arrive on their hard drives.

What was our intrepid PC hero to do?

Where would he turn of quality parts to take on the challenge this... "Crisis"... was to present?

Things looked grim. He knew that his current gaming rig was not up to the task. Even with his experience with Voodoo 2 SLI set-ups and rudimentary water cooling, he feared he was not going to enjoy the promised bliss this "Crisis" had been reported to offer.

Trudging into his local computer store, with a heavy heart and wallet to match, he looked to see what was on offer. Then it happened... he looked up at a poster on the wall, it had a motherboard splashed across the image with a name he never saw before. "Aaasuse"? "A-Suse"? What was this funny four letter word, he pondered. However the spec's on the poster did look good, but he was burned before with hyped up product spec's and market puffery. How would this funny little, 4 letter brand deliver the power he needed to take on "Crisis" and come over victorious with 30+ frame rates?

There was only one way to find out. With a shudder of mix of excitement and fear, our hero bought his first ASUS motherboard, a ASUS P5E Deluxe. He heard the X48 chip set could deliver the goods, but could the build quality the ASUS poster promised matched up? Only time will tell... along with a bunch of new components which included a ASUS EN6800GT/2DT/256MB video card, which at the time costed a pretty penny, I can tell you.

About a week later, no thanks to Australia's slow shipping and lack of readily available components, the rig was ready. Taking to moment to ask the PC gaming gods for a smooth boot up, he pressed the power button. The POST beep echoed through out the house, like a triumphant horn of victory, as everything sprang to life. Fans sped up, the CRT screen flickered to life and he was bathed in the warm glow of the Windows Vista logo... OK, OK, I know what your thinking, but yes he was sort of a risk taker but hey, he got Windows ME to run for a year without crashing, so how hard could this be?

The next few hours were a blur of progress bars, install files, set-up options, to culminate with the final, epic step... Installing "Crisis"!

With everything installed, updated and ready to go, our intrepid PC gamer clicked on the "Crisis" icon. Hard drives whined, GPU fans sped up and all the glory that was promised for the many months leading up to this moment, erupted in a spontaneous nerd-gasem of wonderment and joy as the ASUS components delivered the goods in keeping up with this demanding game.

Hour after hour, shot after satisfying shot, the game cranked away the ASUS motherboard and video card never skipping a beat. It was everything our brave PC game dreamed about and hoped for.

In the years that followed, our PC gamer grew into a software engineer, who now lives in the USA and swears by the components from that company with the funny four letter word for a name... ASUS!

Since I've been building PCs I've only ever deviated from Asus once. That board bit me in the butt and had to be replaced with another Asus board. To be cliche Asus is generally the only board I trust in my PCs.

I've been using almost exclusively Asus motherboards in all my builds. Tried other brands and they gave me nothing but trouble.

When I first started building my own systems, I did try some other brands that cost less, but I always seemed to pay for it with weird, quirky incompatibility problems. After that, I switched to Asus and haven't looked back. I also build systems for friends and family and know that using Asus boards helps get rid of the bizarre "the system just died" or "why doesn't x work with my system" calls.

I've used Asus boards with i486, Pentium, Pentium III, Athlon XP, Phenom, and Nehalem processors over the years. The reason for upgrades have always been that I needed more speed/power, not because the system died.

I built my first system with the Asus z87 pro. It was a great experience! The features are excellent and it was easier than I ever expected. I will never buy a pre built system again. My son needs a computer. This Asus mother board would be a perfect place to start.

The best/fastest computer i've built was with the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. Mated with the i7 3960x, it was a monster of a build. I just love how ASUS pay attention to such detail with just the retail box alone and the content. Everytime i look at the motherboard, it screams quality.

There's no real story. Only this: Buy an ASUS, never go back. :) Not only the designs are beautiful, but in my experience, they're the toughest, most durable mobos (etc) on the market. That little extra money compared to the other brands is worth it. I currently have a Z87 and loving it. ASUS makes it possible for me to be the best. :3

I have had several asus boards through the years. All served me well. Starting with the P3 era. P2B for desktop and a P2B-DSdual board for server/workstation which lasted me over 10 years. PC-DL was my first overclocking board with overclocked low voltage xeons which was my workstation for like 4 years till I build a Tyan dual core 2 processor machine. Also built a server on the A7m266-d dual athlon mp board. That was running till a couple years ago when I replaced with a dual opteron Super Micro 24 bay rackmount I bought off ebay for cheap.

I have owned many Asus motherboards in the past. Currently running a Asus Z9PE-D16/2L for DC computing projects.

I have a asus sebertuth R2.0 fx990 use fx 8350 for over a year , and I'm happy . It's great , but I have a problem with the graphics card . It would be nice if I turned out to be the lucky winner

I'm running a Maximus IV Gene-Z and I've built PCs with the M4A78 Pro, P5N-D, and P5N32-E SLI Plus in the past (that I recall, anyways). My next build will most likely include an Asus board from their ROG line.

I have tried MSI and Abit motherboards but had trouble with them. Have used Asus motherboards for several years now and have had only one that I had to RMA which went very well and was up and running in about a week with no problems.

I've been building gaming (& other PCs) since I was a kid, so for almost 20 years now. For a while, I had been using an Apple Mac Pro (running windows 7 only :) ) because it was the only machine I had.

A couple of years ago, I built the first "modern" gaming PC I had built in about 5 years, and chose the P9X79 PRO ASUS board as the heart of the machine, along with an ASUS GTX 680. I was BLOWN AWAY by how easy it was to build (compared to previous builds), and how automated the overclocking was. Plus the featureset overall (HW & SW) is great.

Alas, though, I no longer have that beautiful P9X79 PRO, because of crappy wiring in the condo I live in - lets just say that more than one device has been fried by the wiring at my house before I got a good UPS. So I'm back to my old PC, which has a good graphics card, but that's about it. I'm desperately trying to get the funds together to get a new ROG ASUS mobo again so I'll be back at the top of the line...

My first PC was a Pentium 200. I don't know or care what motherboard it had in there because I was 16 and had other...objectives. The first PC I put together myself had some bargain brand motherboard. I do recall vividly that it had a VIA Apollo Pro 133 chipset though. It was a nightmare, but it taught me a valuable lesson.

My ASUS story starts in 2003 when, after long hours of reading reviews, and weeks of contemplation I bought my first high end motherboard; the P4C800-E Deluxe. Getting the ASUS board was an accident of the moment. I'd narrowed it down to two boards, and the one I preferred was a competitors' because it was a little cheaper. When I went to the PC store (remember those?) it turned out the lead-time for getting the one I preferred was longer, and I was too excited to wait. This turn of events began an 11 year (and counting!) affair with ASUS.

3aiV9qu.jpg

About six months later I was actually working at the PC store I bought the motherboard from. Over the next two and a half years I sold, built and repaired what must have been thousands of PCs. This cemented my view of ASUS as generally more reliable. Believe it or not, you didn't earn much money working in a PC store, so I couldn't afford a big upgrade. AMD had pulled away from Intel in a big way with Athlon 64. That's when people figured out the Pentium M could actually beat AMD, and when I got my CT-479.

CSxaM0n.jpg

I ran that Pentium M 760 at 11*[email protected] for years.

It was around this time that I noticed how our excitement and love of some new PC part fades alarmingly quickly, and can even turn into concept like some sour relationship, as you remain shackled to the thing looking longingly at upgrades. It seemed sad, so I started acquiring the more interesting cast-offs from friends who upgraded, and sometimes customers at the PC store (I'd pay a equitable sum!). My pride and joy from this time is my end-of-an-era themed PC.

fy9LyvS.jpg

Pentium 3 CU, Voodoo 5, Aureal Vortex 2, Quantum Bigfoot. Bringing it all together, a TUSL2-C. The motherboard doesn't fit in to the theme so well, but I did want it to actually go.

I also managed to get hold of a P4T and a 423 Pentium 4, but I left the PC business and didn't complete the system.

5l82f3g.jpg

That's 1.5 GB of RAMBUS-800 there. Imagine how much that cost the original owner.

Decent AGP graphics cards were getting rare and expensive, so I "upgraded" to a P4GPL-X

GZVwxo0.jpg

Unfortunately I could only get one second hand, and the X-series were the mainstream/budget boards. It didn't have the overclocking features of the P4C800-E.

Around 2006 the system became intermittently unstable, which I narrowed down to the CPU. It was time for another big upgrade anyway so I went for the P5B Deluxe. Sadly, I don't have any pictures from this time thanks to a hard disk failure.

Soon after it was time to upgrade my HTPC. I was concerned that I was becoming an ASUS fanboy, so I got a board from a competitor. It wasn't low end, but it oozed cheap from the poor quality firmware down to the badly translated manual. Hardware incompatibilities and growing instability caused me years of periodic pain.

After a CPU upgrade, I picked up a cheeky P5Q and built a better PC for the wife. I wanted something that would just hum away and not cause me any maintenance pain, and the P5Q was just that for years.

By 2011, the poor old P5B based system just couldn't keep, so I got me an P8Z68-V. That system, armed with a GeForce GTX TITAN, is still my workhorse to this day.

6leiui5.jpg

Finally tired of the badly behaving HTPC, I upgraded it again. I decided not to let my last experience colour my opinion of that particular manufacturer, and got another from them. It's better, but detter is a relative term. From that point forward, I decided that it was definitely going to be ASUS all the way.

Last year I looked at the calendar and realised it had been years since an upgrade, but the P8Z68-V was still pulling its weight without any complaint. So this time I went a different route: form over function. Enter Rampage Iv Impact.

dMTNJy3.jpg

With an AMD R9 280 nestled in there, the wife can play her Dragon Age Inquisition on a system measurable better than mine but about half the size.

Since the next gen of gaming arrived, my P8Z68-V is starting to sweat a little. It's hard to justify right now, but it won't be long now and I'm going to need a upgrade.

Wonder what brand of motherboard I'll get this time.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I started using Asus motherboards starting with the P67, then, Z77, and now the Z87. Overall I like everything about them. Quality, UEFI/Bios, and board layout. Overall i'm very pleased with them and look forward to using them again on the next upgrade I take.

I've used mobos from a wide variety of vendors but the two most memorable ones are the Asus Maximus Extreme and the Asus Maximus IV Gene-z. The Extreme was used in my first DIY watercooled system using Danger Den blocks. I had an overclocked Core 2 duo q6600 running solid at 3.2 ghz. The gene-z is my current pc still running strong with an i5 2500k overclocked at 4.5 ghz. However, it does run solid at 5 ghz but i dialed it back because my H80i is not suited for the high temps at that speed.

This is a very sad tale--a tale of a man who has yet to own an Asus motherboard, a man who has never owned (and may never own) an Intel system, whose sole nVidia graphics card was a Zotac GeForce 7100 GS...this is a tale about Nobu. </prologue>

D:

I've had my ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution now for quite a few years. I have it coupled with an i7-2600K. This motherboard has been rock solid from day 1. When I look for new motherboard technology, I start with ASUS and end with ASUS.

My p5q pro died, I sent it in, they sent me another one, which died a couple months later out of warranty.

With my first mobo I had, I decided to upgrade the cpu cause it was soo slow. I tries to do it for hours and was starting to think I was an idiot until I e a mined it closely... 2 pins were bent flat :) oops

My first experience with an ASUS board was the ASUS P3B-F. While I didn't know much about overclocking, I heard it was a fairly decent board. Unfortunately, while the board itself may have been good, the Pentium III 500 CPU I had paired with it was absolutely dreadful in the overclocking department! That board did last quite a while though - even if I did end up snapping off one of the brackets that kept the processor locked in its slot!

(Luckily I've learned to be a little more careful with boards ever since!) :)

My first Asus board was from Microcenter. I got it as a bundle with a AMD X2 5000+ Black Edition.
Ran solid for several years until I upgraded.
Held is resale value nicely too ;)

I would like to make this board my 2nd.

From my first Asus Motherboard to my current Z68, not a single problem occurred.
They kept their promise. Motherboards are reliable, durable and of high quality.
If I want another mobo, I will choose Asus only. (Same in the case of monitor, GFX cards and now Zenfones!)

My P5K-E Wifi motherboard with E6750 have been run most every day for the past 7 years. Still a very solid system for what it's for. Other systems have come and gone, and yet this one I keep around.

I think I've always used ASUS motherboards, ever since my original E6550 build. ASUS was my top pick for my i7-2600k build. The P8P67-Deluxe. It's been a rock solid performer for me. I'm sure when I upgrade to canyonlake, I'll pick asus again.

My first built and my first board was an ASUS P4C800-E combined with P4 3Ghz chip. I had been playing with computers since I was young with the old 486. I really started to enjoy the concept of building around 16 or 17, and finally made that leap in 2004 which is the same year I joined [H]. I've had many years of enjoyment with this hobby, and have many more years to come. I'm currently in need of a new build right now, my rig is hugely out dated and starting to show its age. Winning the draw would be sweet and help me complete this new build.

While my first mother board was an Abit KT7A back in the day, since then its been pretty much asus motherboards and video cards. Haven't run into a bad one yet, and I really enjoy that stability.

I never had the confidence to overclock a PC until I purchased my first ASUS motherboard. As such I have now realized that I should have bought their products long ago. Installation and wiring my ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe LGA 1155 was a breeze and I did not need to reference the manual until I started to connect the front panel lights.

Once I dove into their UEFI BIOS I knew that I was in for a treat. Every single thing that I wanted to do was there for me to work with. I could save multiple profiles and revert to stock if needed with the simple press of a button. It doesn't get easier than that. I now have an Intel Core i7 3770K overclocked to 4.2Ghz at standard voltage as I will always be concerned with frying my CPU. Fortunately my system is so stable that I can still have all of the energy saving options enabled with no performance penalty that I can detect.

Other motherboard companies, while they offer a wide array of choices, now fall short of my expectations. I plan on using ASUS motherboards from now on due to the remarkable level of stability and reliability I have experienced.

I've purchased a number of ASUS motherboards over the years. I still have an old ASUS A7N8X deluxe in working order. I've built a number of computers for people and typically use ASUS as my experience with the mobos has overall been great, although there have been a few duds from time to time.

I'd still buy an asus board for my next build, whenever that may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back