500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first computer I ever bought on my own did NOT have an asus motherboard... but did I ever learn quick about using quality parts to make a computer. So I believe the mobo was a Biostar with a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz chip. Well that motherboard died within a year of purchase. I replaced it with an Asus and now my parents are still using the machine to this day!

I've had ASUS boards for my last two builds (nForce 570 and AMD 870). Nothing but good performance and solid running.

I've always loved ASUS Motherboards. Very first build was an ASUS. I've used most brands now and MSI and ASUS tend to be my top choices:)

It all started after I transitioned from the realm of consoles. I debated for months about what I was going to do? Buy a desktop? Laptop? PS4? But the idea came to me that I would just build a computer! It seemed cheaper and more valuable, not to mention it's very fun actually constructing such a complex machine. So I drew up my list of components to create my dream machine, with an intel CPU, Strix GPU, but most importantly, an ASUS motherboard. It had to be that, for it was the best value for the price. It's all about quality, not quantity. So I worked and worked and worked. I did overtime at my job, picked tobacco, chopped wood for months and I finally, over a year, reached my goal of 2000$ to build my dream machine. And my god was it completely worth it, from the nuts and bolts to the motherboard to the lighting. Best experience of my life.

Thank you ASUS for making my dream machine possible.

I began working with PCs when I was 8 years old. My grandfather sat me down in front of a Packard Bell 8088 and said, "Here it is, boy...figure it out!" And figure it out I did. By the time I was in my mid teens I had torn apart and rebuilt every computer I had owned. Over the years I had built a pretty good rapport with the manager of my local computer shop (Computer Renaissance). I had saved my allowance for a couple years and wanted to build my own computer from scratch. The manager (Drew) seemed kinda surprised that I would undertake such a project, but after he reflected on my history with coming in every couple months and buying parts to fix a computer for friends and family and the subsequent conversations that would result, he realized that it probably wasn't so far fetched. We discussed parts and what I should get to run DOOM at a decent frame rate. One of the parts was an ASUS motherboard. It's been 20 years so I couldn't tell you the model, but it ran a Pentium chip at a blistering 200MHz. I was so nervous as I installed all the parts. Everything was so expensive and I didn't want to mess anything up! My hands were sweating like crazy. After I had it all put together I sat and stared at it for nearly an hour, terrified of pressing the power button. What if I did something wrong? What if it blows up or doesn't start? Eventually I was able to muster the courage to go all in. I hit the power button and it whirred to life. After swapping out around a dozen or so floppy disks to install Windows 95 I sat back and felt so proud of what I had built. If I wasn't already a hardware junkie before that point, I certainly was afterwards.

Ever since then I've almost always used ASUS motherboards and always recommended them to family and friends. The few times I've strayed away and used a board from another company I've always wound up being sorry for it and came back to ASUS. In my personal and professional opinion they are the leading motherboard maker, and for good reason. Their products are solid, their support is top notch, and if you need an RMA they usually don't hassle you about it. RMA's are infrequent with ASUS, but they do happen. That's to be expected though. You go make a million pieces of something and come back and tell me that a handful of them didn't work quite right. I don't see it happening. ASUS makes great products and they stand by them, and as a PC hardware consumer/enthusiast/IT Pro, that's all I can ask for.

I have used Asus motherboards from the old athlon days and currently have two systems with AM3 set ups. I have never had any issues with the boards or performance! I have never built an Intel system so this would be a first if i win!

Have had many Asus boards over the years and still have a P7P55 WS SuperComputer running a i5750 @ 4.0. Have an Asus HD7970 DirectCUII in my primary rig as well.

I once decided I could save some money and buy a cheap mobo. I doubted it would make a difference. Never again. Asus mobo's have been rock solid for me. You get what you pay for.

First asus mobo was a8n-e, great board, now I have a z97 pro, would love to win a 980!

Hello

Yes I've own a good number of Asus products through the years from motherboards,
Laptops, and Tablets and always had great luck with them. Only had one bad asus board
and it was already a few years old when I got it. So here to Asus a good tech company.

The last ASUS product I bought was a Q45 matx motherboard. It was a nice staid business board that worked well, but I would love to try out some of the new enthusiast motherboards.

Over the last 20 years I have built 14 PCs, 5 of them, and 3 of my last 4, were built with ASUS motherboards, including my current PC. I chose ASUS for my current PC because of all the brands I have used in my PCs ASUS has consistently been the most reliable, best built, fastest, and easiest to use.

I had the Asus P965 Commando, unfortunately it was DOA so I had to send it in for an RMA, was sent back another with a different issue... Repeated 4 times in total until I received one that works... To this day it is still going in a smaller PC and even with some shot capacitors it's still running.

So here I am with a fried computer and I see everyone rocking out with their Asus motherboard.

This would be the best of all worlds... Had 4 Titans, Xeon + mobo, 4 Dell monitors, 12GB of Ram.... Come home to find everything fried. Being way out of budget and low on funds what better way to make the start of a new year go from beyond terrible to amazing.

This is my experience with Asus, I want it badly but after this great experience of having no computer for 3 weeks with tax season and everything I have to do there is no better reason than to "win something" finally and join the happy family :cool:

iv had many asus products through the years, they are one of my favorite brands in computer components, which has encouraged me to promote the name and products while working at best buy selling computers

Have been using Asus since the start. I have had serious memory and overall BIOS compatibility issues with Gigabyte motherboards, so after that incident I never looked back and always purchased Asus brand motherboards. Since then I have been a happy camper! Go Asus!!!

Taking a trip down memory lane, I've had the following Asus motherboards:

A7M-266
A7N8X-E Deluxe
A8N-E
Maximus Extreme
Rampage Extreme
Rampage IV Extreme
Rampage V Extreme

And I just realized I've been using Asus motherboards exclusively since 2001.

Another drawing I won't win. Whee.

Have bought asus before. Those boards worked well.

I just had an issue with a z77 motherboard. RMA'd it and was sent back two weeks later fixed. Had absolutely no issues with customer service. The board happened to be faulty which I don't blame Asus for. I've owned several brands and always find myself back to Asus.

All my builds have been ASUS. I've been a loyal customer ever since my first motherboard RMA with them; a P5q Deluxe. My board was doa during a build. Reading the msg boards was leery and had low expectations regarding customer service. They came through and proved me wrong and have been a huge ASUS fan since then.

I have an Asrock mobo which is owned by ASUS and have never had any problems with it. Rock solid for 4 plus years!

My first ASUS motherboard was an A7N8X and now I currently use their fantastic P9X79 Pro.

One of my first was TUSL2-C , then dual pleasure PC-DL with lv Xeons :)
never had any problem no matter how hard i oc them :-D
love to have one of maximus mb!

I am trying to complete my first computer build. This computer will be a budget gaming pc. When I started shopping around for parts and looking into how to build a computer I realized just how important the motherboard was. With that in mind the only really logical way to go was an Asus motherboard (I chose the M5A78L-M/usb3 mini atx motherboard). I haven't quite completed the build so I can't say how it performs but so far it seems really good. The manual was the best that I received out of any of my parts and it was super easy to install. So far I am super happy with it even though I haven't tested it.

First and current asus motherboard was the p8p67 pro that I got in 2011, (I had used intel and gigabyte before that.) Then there was the sata recall, process for the new revision went smoothly. It has been rock solid ever since with no issue today.

other wise im going to sit on this system another 2 years lol

I first started using Asus boards in the mid 90's and have used them ever since. They have not failed on me and I have built at least 100 machines with Asus boards in them.

boxes.jpg

I've been building PCs for myself and for family/friends since I was a young teen. I've always used ASUS motherboards and only once did I ever purchase a different brand and I ended up regretting it. I love ASUS and I'll never make the mistake of using another brand ever again.

First computer built myself, first Asus motherboard owned: A8N-SLI Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+. It stills runs fine today!

I always went with Asus since and I don't regret!

About five years ago, I bought my first Asus motherboard: the P6T SE. Having tried several boards from different brands before which either failed or were unstable, I wanted something decent. All I can say is that over the years, this board served me very well, admirably even. Fast forward, two weeks ago, I decided to finally take the plunge into the new era, the X99 platform. I saved up for a long time, went all-out, and bought the Asus Rampage Extreme V.

Now, I’m not a techie on overclocking, but I know it’s important. Especially in the game I currently play, which massively relies on the CPU. When I updated the bios on my new Rampage motherboard, it sent me to the BIOS. Did I tell you I’m techie? Anyway, it was amazingly easy to navigate. And to my surprise, it had overclocking presets (thank you thank you thank you). By clicking one button, my 3.8 Ghz became 4.3 Ghz. I was stunned. Afterwards, I tried to look into all the features this board has to offer; two weeks later, I’m still not done discovering. This board is a beauty.

To finish my story: I bought a single Asus GTX 980 card to accompany my new build (in the hope that, one day, I will be able to SLI it). Thus far, my experience with this motherboard - in combination with this GPU - is nothing short of excellent. The build was expensive, yes, and I’m poor now. But man, I couldn’t be happier.

------------------------
Phanteks Enthoo Luxe / Asus Rampage Extreme V / Asus STRIX GTX 980 / Intel i7 5820k / Corsair AX860i / Crucial 16GB DDR4 (2400Mhz) / Samsung 850 Evo 500GB / WD Red 3TB / Scythe Mugen 4 / Asus BW-16D1HT

Last edited:
ASUS is the only motherboard I've used when building my system. It works great and even saved itself from dying when i screwed up setting it all up. ASUS motherboards are my savior

My first Asus board was ASUS P5GD1-VM. It help me for many years. I have a story with it. My first time built own pc without knowledge about "How to Build DIY PC". Honestly, I did not know what kind of brand was better or even best among other. I just went to local store and asked the guy at the store. He recommended to buy this board for stability and durability reason. So, I bought all components I need in that only store. After get back to home, I did not know what should I do first to install them. Downloading all instruction from internet such as forum, tech site and read it one by one till I understand it. Not for long, finally My PC was setup in only 3 days (not too long at that time :) ) for Pentium IV without ext.GPU and OS. I called my friend to install WinXP from the disc I've bought because I no understand about software too.

Finally, its up and I bought 14" CRT monitor and voila! I have "gaming pc" to play solitaire, minesweeper and zuma. The total of money I;ve spent for that pc was IDR 4,500,000.- or USD400.

I had to sell my motorbike in order to build my pc. And no matter the board condition, I still keep it for historical reason.

htPHQsK.jpg

The first Asus mobo I can remember buying was the A7N8X. It was a great board back in the day.

My history with Asus began back in the day of the Intel Slot 1 processors (PII & PIII). I think it was a P3B-F. I had three of those boards at one time, two for myself and one for my brother. Most of my MB choices since then have also been Asus models. They have always been dependable and I've not had any failures.

Well i enjoyed my time(18 mths) with my am2 sli deluxe running 2 9600gt's in sli and an x2 4800(512k)
and of course vista;)(2gb ram).i'll still consider them in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back