500 Million ASUS Motherboards. The Celebration Starts at [H]. - Lucky Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antec 300 Case
Asus P5K-E WIFI-AP Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 3.4 Processor
Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D2GB 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2 8500 1066MHZ DDR2 Memory X 2
Hittachi-LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH20NS15 Optical Drive
Maxtor MaXLine 7H500F0 500GB Hard Drive
EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Antec TruePower New TP-750 750 Watt Power Supply
Still running like a champ

I've been using Asus motherboards since the P4P800. Everyone I've ever used has been simple to use, reliable, and hassle free. Every time I venture away from Asus to try something else, I end up coming back wondering what I was thinking. Been using them for video cards also lately, and they are great.

My last few builds have had ASUS boards in them. Overall I prefer their boards both in function and form.

ah I miss that board :)

I used a P5WDH(?) I think that's what it was called, and had a Core 2 duo and then a Quad QX9650 that "sort of" worked on it (the half multipliers didn't work and some board revisions didn't allow proper voltage adjustments). Worked fine if you didn't overclock it but the power draw could cause serious connector damage to the 4 pen connector if you overclocked and increased the voltage (the QX9650 really needed an 8 pin if you were not running at stock voltage)

Had a customer that insistent on building the cheapest PC's they could despite my recommendation. At that time I had built a number of computers using a number of vendors (most of them no longer around) but the ones that were the most reliable were the Abit's and the Asus. In this instance we had a huge number of issues with the cheap boards and we got a number of CUV4X and CUSL2 boards which saved the day. I still have one of the CUSL2 boards in my storage (unfortunately without the original box). After this I decided I would not build with anything other than Asus. I still have fond memories of many rock solid boards like the A7N8X's.

I've used ASUS for nearly 20 years now and while they've had some misses with me, most of the time they've been a hit. I still recommend the brand to family and friends, can count on them to replace things (when under warranty) and they typically have offered good products at decent prices.

My most memory experience was being excited to build my new rig back in... 2011 I believe. The intel i3/5/7 series had just come out and I was able to afford, and get my hands on, an i7-2600k. The problem was, the chipset for it had been recalled and I couldn't find a motherboard anywhere. Every bit of news I could find said they wouldn't be available for about 3 months. Yeah, I wasn't going to let that stop me. I searched every store in Houston that I could find for a motherboard with the right chipset and came up short. I finally hit Craigslist, taking a real chance with electronics, and after a week found someone who had bought an ASUS P87P67 Pro (remember, this was NOT the 3.1 revision). I knew the chances of the recall issue weren't huge for my needs and took a chance, paying the guy just over retail in a parking lot outside a Starbucks.

I got home, put together the rest of my new system and flipped the switch. It worked! And I even managed to overclock it some. I was happy as hell and nobody else I knew or talked to had an i7 up and running yet. Sooo, that was my little happy time. Anyway, I used that motherboard without any problems until about a year ago when I had to replace the bios chip (a simple order from ASUS for 10 bucks I think) and I was back in business.

It ran for another year before finally having random issues. I contacted ASUS to see if I could get the mobo replaced under warranty (or because of the original recall issue) and it turns out that... no, no I couldn't. I'd missed the warranty by like 10 months. I asked if I could get a discount or anything but again, no. So, that left a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth but at the same time, it was only fair since I never tried to warranty it in the 3 years before.

The point here is that they would have if I would have gone to the effort. Also, that little board ran for a very long time considering it was supposed to have been pulled from the shelf. I picked up a new mobo and that chip is still running great with even more overclocking due to the new chipsets (a testament to Intel on their i7's).

So, congrats on the 500,000,000 motherboard sales, ASUS. You aren't perfect but then neither am I. You've done a pretty good job over the years and I wouldn't have been as happy with my computers if you weren't around.

Always had wonderful luck with every build ive done with ASUS. They are my 1st consdieration when planning a build.

My first PC build was an ASUS nForce board with a AMD Opteron dual core processor. One of my favorites builds to date. Currently have a build with an ASUS board in my daughter's computer that has been reliable as well.

Here's my story!

One of my first fully-built PCs consisted of an M2N, original. nForce chipset. Well, I had to take apart my PC for some ungodly reason, and when I put it back together, my floppy drive connector seemed like it was oriented the right way!

Well, it wasn't!

Switched that baby on, and saw sparks fly out of my Antec TruePower 430w. I was terrified that everything was fried! QUICK, UNPLUG.

I sheepishly turned around the floppy power connector, turned everything back on, and it all worked like a champ :) ASUS survived my sparky pain of death.

My last seven motherboards have been Asus. Why break the streak? Lets make it 8!!!

My last two builds were with ASUS boards. I gave one away and is still going strong after 10 years, and I am still sporting a M4A79T Deluxe in my main home PC. So much better than the rest! Love it!

I had a 939, s755, 1155 Asus mbs. Now I have a msi, and I really miss the asus touch! [H] get me back in a Asus!

If I win maybe this could restore my faith in ASUS.

The last ASUS board I bought was a PX58D-E.

It dies and ASUS sent me a physically damaged board that completely died after a week.

I reported the physical damage on the replacement board and the didn't respond. Then when it died, I asked for another replacement, and all they put in the ticket was "CLOSE!"

After that I contacted Newegg and they were nice enough to give me a refund for my original purchase price. That is when I upgraded to an x79 system using an ASROCK board.

And that is my horror story about ASUS.

I bought my first PC in 1995, turns out I had a Asus Motherboard, at that time I didn't know much about computers. The look was awefully ugly at that time lol, I upgraded my computer a few times, I kept going with Asus, never really had any problems with them. The current Asus products is amazingly impressive in looks and quality, one of the main reason I am an Asus fan. Only once I had an issue with my motherboard, I RMA it, and Asus sent me a new board. They are nice people offering great services. I am sure other companies have great products has well, but Asus tops them all in my book. Now I hope to win something, I am due for an upgrade from my current Asus Sabertooth 55i.

My Asus journey started with a P3V4X, which had a leading edge Via Chipset with a Pentium III 866 OC to 933. Ran that for years and years. Followed up with a M4A785TD-M EVO and now M5A99FX Pro R2.0. Overclocked each and every board. Any builds for friends or family I have always used Asus. Rock Solid performance at every turn, Period........

After I couldn't buy Abit anymore, I tried Asus. First it was the M4A785TD-V or something similar for a Phenom x3 OC build. I had to RMA the board because of onboard video issues which weren't solved through the RMA. I just had to install a video card and disable onboard VGA to fix the issue. Not a major concern for most folks in this forum, because onboard video is relatively garbage.

I'm now using a P8Z77-V which has been rock solid overclocking my i5-3570k to 4.5ghz on air. Best mobo/cpu combo i've ever owned!

I've been using Asus motherboards and Asus products in general since the early 2000s. After over a decade's time, the only time I've had an issue was when I installed a 125watt 8 core into an M5A97 rev 2 board, but Asus made the RMA process a breeze and replaced the board without an issue.I didn't go Asus this last time around, but hey at least the 290s are Asus :D.

Dear contest overlords,

One day I wanted to overclock my AMD 1090t with my MSI 790FX motherboard. After melting the Vregs, I went and bought a Sabertooth 990FX. It's been smooth sailing since then.

Thanks

If I'm building a system for myself or someone else, it's got an ASUS board. If I'm recommending parts for a build, it's got an ASUS board. When I daydream about the ultimate rig, it's got an ASUS board.

Like everyone here, it has been my go to brand. I always look at Asus if I am buying a motherboard or a graphics card. Has never failed me.

My first experience with ASUS was the A7N8X Deluxe. It was fast, reliable, and I loved the layout. I do believe the beef of the build was:

Athlon XP 2600+ Barton (1.93GHz)
2x512MB DDR-400 in dual channel mode
ASUS made GeForce FX 5900 128MB AGP
FSP 420W PSU
40GB SATA1 Seagate hard drive
Windows XP Pro SP2
Sony 19" Trinitron monitor

Wasn't much it couldn't run at the time, and was a pleasure to use. Unfortunately about 6 months later, while I was away the neighbors beat down my dead-bolted door to steal it. *sniff* Cops wouldn't do shit, either, since the thieves stole one of the boxes with all the serial numbers and receipts in them too.

Still, I have used ASUS for many builds for friends and co-workers and they've all been happy with the product.

It would be nice if I could get a 980 to soothe the pain of that loss all those years ago

Last edited:
It's been the only motherboard company i've ever used. They been rock solid in every computer I've ever built.

Ive tried many mobos since I started building in 98. You name the brand and I've tried it. Asus has always been the only brand thats has been rock solid and lasted until I upgraded. Ive never had one die. Bios updates are logical and actually fix things . They are also some of the best looking motherboards out there.

I like their video cards as well.

Only mobos I've had not fail on me. Currently have a Maximus V Extreme and my 2011-v3 rig will be Asus as well.

Love Asus products. Excellent quality all the way around. Ive been running Asus motherboards for the last 8 years and the one time I did have an issue, RMA fixed it immediately. Also have used multiple Asus graphics cards over the years without an issue.

Only one issue with memory traces on a P6T. All the other ASUS boards and video cards were good to go. Love my RT-N66U Router.

good mb bad rma
i had to rma a am3 mb and it took about 3 weeks after it got to their rma place before they shipped a replacement back

Built my current system with an ASUS Z87-A. I bought it specifically because I trust the name. That company is extremely innovative, and everything they make is instantly something worth looking at.

Nuhtin but ASUS for years. Keep up the good work. *wink wink* need me a Strix to go with my DCU2 ;)

I have owned several Asus boards and never had a problem with them. My Dad currently runs one in a system I built for him. If I could find a Rampage Gene III for a sane price I would add another Asus board to my collection.

4745b785_IMG_20150127_224619.jpeg

love Asus boards.

and that's not even all of them lol

m2n-sli
m3n-ht
m3n72-d
m4n72-e

Had many Asus boards over the years.

Had an A8N32-SLI Deluxe that had spans of time that it worked well and other times it would not boot. Had to RMA it several times. Asus would send it back with reflashed bios, by the third time Asus replaced the board with new one.

All in all a good experience with customer support.

I've had several Asus motherboards in the past and really liked them. I was looking at the MAXIMUS VII FORMULA for a new build but this looks like a great alternative. :D

I've also had several Asus graphics cards and loved each one. My most recent, an ASUS Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition, is still in use in my media center machine and works great!

I've been using ASUS boards for 8 years now and I've never even thought about using another board in my system since my Rampage II Extreme. Recently one of the USB 3.0 header pins on my Maximus V Gene broke when switching cases and I'm really sad about it, but hopefully I'll have a new ASUS board in my system soon!

My first couple boards were a Crosshair and a Striker Extreme for Intel Q6600(was a paper weight for a week thanks to Vista 64bit drivers), after that I moved onto the x58 platform with the Rampage 2 Extreme, then I downsized to a Maximus V gene z77 as the upgrade was needed it seemed, although the boards were good I ended up building systems for my cousins gaming habits. Asus boards always served me well for all my systems the hand me downs and as well friends systems which I always recommended, even the video cards. Although I have heard bad experiences with Asus customer support I was fortunate enough to never have needed their help, so on a first hand basis I can't give an opinion for that matter. You pay for what you get, and ROG can be expensive, but what isn't these days. As far as I am concerned they were the best Mobo company after the crosshair and striker boards on for hardware and software features, and they had for a short while one of the best soundcards available.

Hmm... story about history with Asus Motherboards... I guess for me it goes all the way back to the late 1990's. Specifically my first personal home computer; running an AMD K6-2 500. The motherboard? An Asus P5a.

Truth be told... it's probably the only computer I ever had an emotional attachment too. As I moved other computers and their components in and out over the years the P5a system remained in it's original chassis.

If I recall it actually was a bit of a budget targeted board... but it worked... and worked... and worked... and worked. Over a decade and half later (2013) it was still a viable operational computer... well.. at least against a stripped out Linux distribution running as a print server and then music server... Not exactly the most power efficient print or music server mind you.

That board basically exemplified Asus's reputation for build quality; quality that I later enjoyed in products like the F3K laptop. That being said... I just wish that Asus's dedication to making quality hardware... also extended to talking to Linux-oriented journalists and making sure Asus branded hardware worked with Linux distributions. Kind of sad to me that thoughts of "Great Hardware" are lost in a sea of "What do you mean there is no way for me to file a bug report?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back